Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (Formerly StudioPlus Gaithersburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Seoul
“Dirty room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room furniture is so old. The couch covers are very dirty. The carpets are very old and smells very bad. The ventilation fan in the bathroom makes very big noise. We got bug bites on bed. We had to change our room during our stay. We will never stay at Extended Stay America again.

Room Tip: We really need to check the reputation of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the conditions of the room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will continue improving our facilities moving forward. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I hope that you will contact me directly, at mmendoza@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

this hotel has an amazing staff really ! They hotel itself is in dying need of renovations, but everyone from managemnet to housekeeping to maintenance to front desk are beyond professional and customer service oriented. they follow up if you have a problem, they handle it , rooms are clean, staff is always willing to help. I truly enjoyed our stay here, we were traeted kindly everytime we approached the desk they were swamped with phone calls, guest issues, but they always maintained a great attitude, and always offered a solution. I was impressed with the geat amazing staff at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
The staff and I read your review and would like to thank you for writing such great comments about our Great Customer Service. I am proud of our team for making you feel that we CARE about our guests. We are in the process of updating our hotel accommodations. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for about two weeks nice hotel the main complaint I had was the rooms carpet it looked filthy, so i called desk and they sent maintenance right up to shampoo it for me, so after the shampoo even though the carpet did not look any better , I was in peace knowing that it was clean, and came to the conclusion that the room and carpet were clean, they just looked horrible, because it is a light sage color and shows every stain. I was impressed how fast the management resolved my issue to ensure guest satisfaction, however the hotel is in desperate need of an update or remodel . Prices not bad , but could be better ,you can get a room for less at holiday inn up the street and they are renovated. However, the Customer service at this hotel is outstanding from management to Housekeeping , Jonathon was a great employee that really went above and beyond for us . This hotel would thrive if the company would invest money to compete with local market.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Steven - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the issue with the carpet. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great customer service and our staff responded quickly to your needs. I want to assure you improvements are on the way. We have several hotels in our market which have already been updated and our renovation is just around the corner.

Walkertown, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Let me start by saying I understand this isn't your typical hotel as you don't get daily house cleaning and you have guests that stay long term. However, I fully expected the room to have been cleaned prior to us checking in. It was absolutely disgusting.

We arrived around 11:30 pm on 7/3. Got to our room and very first thing we notice is the filthy carpet. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years and definitely hadn't been vacuumed well before we got there. That was just the beginning. Half the lamps didn't have light bulbs in them, the shades on the lamps were all lopsided, there was hair in the bathroom floor, the mirror looked like it had been wiped with a greasy rag, there was food in the drain in the kitchen sink, the TV didn't work and there was black MOLD in the coffee pot. We were traveling with a 3 year old and a 9 month old and had to keep them isolated to the bed where we can only hope they had actually changed the sheets. This made our stay absolutely miserable.

As it was late, there wasn't anything we could do that night so we went to bed. When we got up the next morning, 7/4, my husband went down to talk to someone at the desk. The lady he spoke to was very apologetic and assured us that she would have someone come first thing on 7/5 (since 7/4 was a holiday) to do a thorough cleaning and to repair the TV. Not ideal but since we were going to be in DC all day we thought we'd tough it out.

On 7/5 we got up and gathered all our things and got them off the floor (the lady at the front desk had told us to do that so housekeeping could clean). Around 12:00 or so a very nice man came to fix the TV. He ended up having to replace the whole thing. We left around 1:00...still no one had come to clean the room. As we were leaving the same lady at the front desk asked us if we were happy now. We told her no one had come yet and she said she would check on it. We left assuming they would come while we were gone but that didn't happen. Let me just say no one ever came to clean the room and judging from the state it was when we checked in, probably still hasn't. I feel sorry for the next guest.

As it stood when we left, the manager had refunded us for one night of our four night stay but that was it. No one ever cleaned the room. I'm sure that with the MOLD we saw, there was some type of health code violation.

I have NOTHING positive to say about our experience whatsoever. The stay here really put a damper on our entire trip and I'm sorry we stayed after the first night and trusted them to take care of the issues in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I travel on business for almost six months out of the year and encounter all sorts of hotels, people and experiences. I am pleased to say when I stayed at this hotel I truly enjoyed my stay and felt right at home! Miriam was an absolute pleasure, every time I would pass by the desk she was always smiling, cheerful, and very professional, I would also know the mornings she was working as soon as I would get off the elevator I could smell her spraying and freshening up the place. I am thankful every problem I encountered she handled in a professional manner and would always take the time to follow up with me, I will be looking forward to my next trip to Gaithersburg in August !

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff, especially Miriam. As well, I am so glad that you found our hotel to be clean and fresh during your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wonferful staff, location, staff, manager, cleanliness.....top customer service, accomodating. Both managers were so helpful. My favorite staff person, however was Merium, sorry off I misspelled that,. This was a as close to home feeling as a person can get. Im from the south and that says a lot. Thank all of you.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our staff made you feel like you were at your "home away from home". I will definitely share your remarks with the entire team, including Mariam.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, prices could be a little better, but i do enjoy having a kitchen in the room, the cleanliness and hotel staff were amazing. Hotel defnitley needs a better selection of channels.Overall, nice place for a long term stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Bruce - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the television channel selection was not up to your satisfaction. Still, I am very happy that you enjoyed having a kitchen in your room and found our hotel to be clean. As well, it is great to read that the staff took such great care of you during your visit.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South

Address: 201 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (Formerly StudioPlus Gaithersburg)
Location: United States > Maryland > Gaithersburg
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.