“Great place great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (Formerly StudioPlus Gaithersburg)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, prices could be a little better, but i do enjoy having a kitchen in the room, the cleanliness and hotel staff were amazing. Hotel defnitley needs a better selection of channels.Overall, nice place for a long term stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Bruce - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the television channel selection was not up to your satisfaction. Still, I am very happy that you enjoyed having a kitchen in your room and found our hotel to be clean. As well, it is great to read that the staff took such great care of you during your visit.

I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am a Marketing Director for Cole Bros Circus and we travel for nine months a year. We stay in a city for three to four weeks at a time. Whenever possible, we stay at Extended Stay and have never had a bad experience.

This location in Gaithersburg has been fantastic. It has suited my needs very good. My room has to also serve as my office for three weeks as well as my home. The staff here has been unbelievable. They are very nice and very helpful. This is my first time in the area and they have gone out of their way to answer questions and give me tips.

I am extremely happy with and grateful for Mariam, who mans the front desk during the days. She has customer service down pat. Excellent job. I even ran into at Walmart and was having trouble finding something and she helped me there to and was just as nice and helpful off the clock as she is when she is at work. The entire staff is great. I am also very happy with one of the managers, Manuel. He was very helpful when I called and made reservations and he has made it a point every time he sees me to ask how I am doing and if he can be of any assistant.

The room is great, I have never been disturbed by other guests and it is at a very good location. I'm minutes away from the Fairgrounds, the Mall, the Post Office, Office Supply and right up the hill from a 7/11 It is just a 25 minute drive into Washington DC. I would recommend this Extended Stay to anybody.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manuel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you are having a super, fantastic experience! Thank you again for your kind words abot our team member Mariam. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff is great anytime i need somthing they are very helpful theres always coffee in the mornings the rooms are huge theres a oven not just a stove love the bathroom its a studio Apartment for the most part it very clean and smells great always happy when i coming here its really the only hotel i prefer because its just like being at home overall love it!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Manuel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I book travel for several speakers that travel across the country and this hotel has given the best customer service! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was set up for my client. My client has stayed there twice in the last few months and cannot say enough great things about the hotel, its location and the staff. They plan to be back in the area soon and wouldn't dare consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America - Gaithersburg - South. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.
waldorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here, the Management was great , very freindly and accommodating! I love the kitchen, and it was a very clean property. Channel selectyion was limited , but despite that everything else was great, we travel to the area about seven times a year we wil be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that enjoyed our kitchens. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
pasadena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I travel almost 50% of my time, at regular hotels if you get a microwave in the room you are lucky, this hotel had a full kitchen. The staff was wonderful, and professional . Amazed even though the hotel is an older property, it is very clean, and well maintained. A couple of things that really could use improvement, they have these outdated green cloth sofa sleepers that need to get thrown out, they are terrible looking. Next, the tv channels are HORRIBLE, most hotels give you atleast a vast number of channels to choose from, not this hotel, lost big time points there. At checkout the Manager personally, thanked me for choosing this hotel, and wanted to make sure my stay was excellent, and yes it was a great experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I'm so pleased to hear that you found the hotel is very neat and clean. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

From the time I arrived to the time I left, I must say i was treated like a VIP. After, staying at this property for 10 nights, while I was in town for a business training in Bethesda, I was impressed with the dedication of the staff, all the way from manager Mr.Moreno, all the way to the housekeepers,maintenance and front desk, I was impressed! They were all very friendly, and professional, at all times. The room was very clean, as I have been at some longer term hotels, and found some disgusting conditions, this place was a very pleasant suprise!! Anytime, I'm back to town, I will be sure to stay with them again!! Only thing, I think they could do to better their service, is add a shuttle to metro for business travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you felt like a VIP and that the staff was so professional. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South

Address: 201 Professional Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20879 (Formerly StudioPlus Gaithersburg)
Location: United States > Maryland > Gaithersburg
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Gaithersburg - South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.