“More than we expected” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cleveland, Ohio
“More than we expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and were delighted that we had a full kitchen which included a full-size refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The desk was great too - good lighting and size on which to do paper work (although we were there for pleasure). We agree that the TV should be on a swivel table since we like to watch TV in bed and the breakfast was sort of disappointing. I missed having hot food for breakfast and the coffee was very, very weak. Despite that, the desk clerks were always so friendly and the surroundings were lovely. I wish it had been warm enough to sit on the patio which has lots of tables and chairs and two fireplaces in addition to barbecue grills. For the price, you can't go wrong!

Green Features: we were asked to hang our towels to dry instead of using new ones each day. I like that idea!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This town place suites appears to be a rehabbed older hotel. The hallways are smelly and a bit beat up. Nice kitchen, space is a bit awkward--the TV is between the couch and the bed, but does not swivel so you can watch it in bed, you have to actually move the table. The windows were open when I arrived, I think to cover up the rancid smell that came out if the AC. I'm pretty sure I will never stay here again--should be $99 at the most.

• Stayed October 2013
TPSGaithersburg, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate all guest feedback, especially when it will help us improve our product and service. I am disappointed that your experience was not up to the standards you expected, and we will be working hard over the next few months to improve our product. I have shared your comments with the head of maintenance here at the TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, and we are working on making sure that the AC units are up to par. Should you have any other comments or concerns please contact me via email at dan.appolonio@bfsaulco.com

Dan Appolonio
Saint Paul, Minnesota, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed for several nights in July. No matter who was at the reception desk, we had terrific service - everyone was courteous and gracious -- especially Sunny who went out of his way to help us when we were checking in. We ended up with an upgrade, and it was wonderful to have so much room. The breakfast needs some major help! We visit this area often, and will continue to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TPSGaithersburg, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for taking time to let everyone know how you enjoyed your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg. The management and staff always enjoy hearing from our guests, and we are very appreciative of guests who share their comments. I have posted your comments for the entire staff to view, and it is great to see that our team provided the service you expected of TownePlace Suites. Thank you again for staying with us. Should you have any additional feedback please feel free to contact me at dan.appolonio@bfsaulco.com. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Dan Appolonio, CHA
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place is fine if train whistles don't bother you or if you keep ear plugs handy. Beds were great, and we enjoyed having access to a kitchen so we can prepare our own meals on vacation. But my husband complained that he was awoken by train whistles several times during the night. I wasn't impressed by the breakfast offerings, either. No protein choices, only carbs.

Room Tip: The only thing I can is see if you can get it located further away from the train tracks
Green Features: I am unaware if the Towneplace Suites has any environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TPSGaithersburg, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Good Afternoon. Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with TownePlace Suites by Marriott Gaithersburg. We always appreciate feedback from our guests, especially when we can utilize it to enhance future guests’ stays. I have passed along your comments on the breakfast offerings and we will work on continuing to provide the quality service and product guests expect from a TownePlace Suites. Should you have any additional comments or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. I can be reached at dan.appolonio@bfsaulco.com. Thanks again and we look forward to you staying with us again!!

Dan Appolonio
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Needed to be in the area for a few days and really only one or two chains in the immediate area. Called the listed number and had great help from Charles. Got to the site and found a very clean room, easy to access for all my immediate needs. Not really caring about much more than a good bed for sleep and a hot shower this fit the bill. Would certainly recommend to others, as they are quality and seem to have the best rate compared to others in the same chain of hotels.

Room Tip: Upper floors I suppose would keep you from hearing the non-stop pacers.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here for business travel recently. I normally stay at Courtyard Marriott, but decided to try this one my Marriott. It was really a neat setup with the kitchenette in the room. The staff was really friendly and always helpful. Even the grab and go breakfast was very convenient, as I usually don't have time in the morning for a full sit down meal. No complaints.

Green Features: I like the fact that the hotel didn't do a full service clean everyday, only a "freshen up" clean. I opted not to have my room cleaned because I frankly didn't need it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Elgin, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

One would think that every TownePlace Suites is going to have the same amenities.. like breakfast. Their idea of breakfast is to set out some cereal, fruit, juice, coffee.. the bare basics and then.. YO CARRY IT BACK TO YOUR ROOM! The tray barely held the weight of a juice and coffee and now, you balance all this up the elevator, to your room where you need your card to enter... while balancing. Good luck.

We stayed in a Towneplace in OH the night before this one Tables, chairs, waffles, egg, sausage plus the usual cold breakfast...perfect, expected. Not here.

The room was fine, close to the tracks so trains can be heard but not a big deal. All in all.. fine until.. breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!