“Great staff, but room was noisy at night-time” 3 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ontario
“Great staff, but room was noisy at night-time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed at a Townsplace before in Erie PA, and loved it!!! So I was happy to go here, but it was older than that property and had no pool:( The staff was great, and so helpful. They informed us we could use the Holiday Inn's pool around the corner, as we were very disappointed about no pool...(I should have researched better) The breakfast is very continental and because of the lack of pool and lack of hot breakfast I would choose another hotel. I ultimately chose this one for the two-bedrooms, but the room was 202 and is right behind the stairwell for the entrance and I heard the door shutting all-night long (even with ear plugs in). Breakfast included juice, milk, cereal, and high fat pastries........and no sitting area either so you bring it to your room, which is ok since they have tables & chairs in the rooms. The Holiday Inn is close, but when I went to use the pool, it was closed for a wedding!!!! So we had to go back at 8pm, and then the hot-tub was filled with the wedding guests still!!! The staff saved this hotel from being a disaster. But I must say it was clean, which is more important than anything else mentioned! Oh, and it is a good value too!

Room Tip: Away from stairwells, and entrances....i.e not 202!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Checked in early without any problems from staff. No regular rooms were available, so staff upgraded me to a two bedrooms suite. 1st hotel I've been in with an actually oven, which is a nice feature if you get tired of eating out.

• Stayed September 2012
OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had to stay at TownePlace Suites for approximately 11 days because my minor sons were relocating to Rockville, MD for school. The location was close to restaurants, groceries and the interstate. When I arrived, I found the front desk staff friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and more importantly--clean! The laundy facility, automatic dishwasher, full refrig/freezer, stove and oven, Direct TV and a nice flat screen TV made me feel at home. I was able to connect to Wi-Fi immediately to do work. The cooking utensils and appliances were awesome. The stove and oven allowed me to eat healthy instead of eating fast food was a definite bonus. I even baked cookies for my boys. Housekeeping came by everyday to meet my needs. Whether I needed the entire suite cleaned or just fresh towels, they were there with a smile and pleasant attitude. They even made a vacuum available for me when I asked. Things I feel need to be improved upon is the heating system. I couldn't get a consistent temperature at night. I had to wake up a few nights to adjust the room temp. The other issue is the work out room. The work out area is smaller than the suites. Much smaller than what I'm used too. Not many machines as well. Other than that, the stay was very nice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel is in a quiet location in Giathersburg - off the beaten track. You'll have to drive to restaurants, shopping, etc.

The hotel is clean and spacious. The only minor complaints - no kleenex/tissues and no hooks in the bathroom for hanging a bathrobe or clothes while showering. Speaking of showering, the shower curtain rod was curved so the shower curtain gaped, which resulted in water on the floor. \

All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

There is no breakfast room per se. A limited selection of breakfast items is put out each morning. If you want something slightly more substantial than a danish, fruit and cereal, you'll have to hop in your car and drive to a restaurant. Coffee is always on, and it's fresh, which is a nice plus.

Each room in the suite has a nice flat screen TV. That would be a plus if you were traveling with a family and had a 2 bedroom suite.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hopewell, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hotel & it was a very nice place. Convienant to the Interstate, & the staff was very Helpful. Great price, Good location. Everything you could possibly need in room. Very Nice

Room Tip: Every level is good.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Chesapeake Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Booked the TownePlace Suites for one night because my son was playing in a local lacrosse tournament and didn't feel like driving all the way home. Booked the two bedroom suite and check in was a breeze thanks to Jennifer who was pleasant and very helpful. Each room has its own TV (which is really nice when traveling with kids) and the sofa pulls out as well. The room was clean and offered a good amount of space. We didn't travel around town and don't think we would be back (because we live in Maryland) except if we play in the tournament again. The breakfast in the morning is a more grab and go breakfast, which was helpful. If you are coming in from out of town and need a nice place to stay, a home away from home then I would recommend the TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I like staying in suites. In this case we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, but found it a bit cramped and small. This hotel struck me as tired and in need of work. Our room was situated next to the elevator, which provided for a lot of mechanical/people noise. The AC unit in our room had such a high pitched squeal that we went the night without it (which resulted in a warm room). This suite had signs of water damage in the ceiling, and just looked used up. The beds both squeaked on their springs like a cheap bed at a no-tell motel.

On the up side, the staff was very courteous, engaging and friendly. They were understanding and helpful when it came to permitting a late check-out brought on by a rescheduled flight.

Room Tip: Do not get rooms around #125/#126 (or 225/226, on up the floors). Too close to elevators, which make...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!