“Great room, great service, great price!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great room, great service, great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

So shocked at the great quality of the room especially for the price! Only $69 for the night and the room came with a full kitchen, couch seating area and a super nice bathroom. The place was spotless and I am VERY PICKY when it comes to this. I've stayed in hotels two and three times this price that weren't nearly as nice. And the staff were courteous, professional and helpful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2012
nipiotrowska, Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Hello Tralalala10,
Thanks so much for your review! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the TownePlace Suites Marriott in Gaithersburg, we hope that next time you’re in the area you choose to stay with us!

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
D.C. Metro (Maryland side)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many nights and have found almost all of the staff very helpful and friendly. They seem to really be on their game towards making me and my wife feel like the top priority.

The Good - The amenities. There is a small fitness room with three machines and a stack of free weights, there is a small putting green ( not the greatest but something to kill time), there is free cookies every night @ 7pm and free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate throughout the day.

The Great - I have to go with the service. The front desk clerk "Sonny" has made this stop in gaithersburg an 8/10 instead of a 6/10. It seems whatever we need he or one of the other staff members comes through for us. The maid service is friendly and thorough and keep the place clean throughout the campus.

Why to Avoid - The free continental breakfast is pretty bad. While it is true they don't have to do anything, if they are going to do something, at least get it right. Pre wrapped danish or muffins, that do not taste that good, cereal in a variety box, a pint of milk, a bottle of OJ, some choices of fruit ( bananas, apples, oranges). Just comes across very underwhelming. Also the business center computer seems to always be in use by people playing games and is rarely free for use. They do have wifi in the rooms but the security of using a public wifi isnt the greatest. The beds were also hard and springs were poking me in the back as I slept.

Overall i would recommend this to a friend or relative and hope they continue their great service. Those who have read my other reviews know that is one thing I am very picky about and this staff, for the most part, has lived up to my expectations.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room near the stairwell, you will hear every knock and bang of the door and people run...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hello blewjaye,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about TownPlace Suites Gaithersburg; we use this as a valuable tool in improving our services. We are pleased to hear that we lived up to your expectations, our team works very hard on making each guest feel welcome and accommodating any way possible. Please note that we are an extended stay hotel, not full service thus we do not offer continental breakfast but rather a “Grab-And-Go” breakfast buffet of pastries, juices and whole fruit. We hope that next time you’re in the Gaithersburg area, you choose to stay with us!
TownePlace Suites Team!
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. We guaranteed our reservation with a CC knowing we would be here very late. When we arrived at 1:30am (and very tired!) the front desk clerk said that she could not check us in for 20 minutes due to the computer updating for the night. She said she didn't know if we were coming, so she started her report. So then 20 minutes later, she still couldn't but went ahead and "unofficially" checked us in. She gave us a key and we went to our room. When we opened the door, the bed was unmade, there was food everywhere, a hard hat in the closet. Just a filthy room. We went back to the office and she gave us another room. So disappointing. No liner for the ice bucket (eww). No plastic cups. (Had to use glass ones that did not look clean at all!) Enough said...

Room Tip: Get another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear CJL,
First and foremost, we apologize for your unpleasant experience at our extended stay hotel. As a frequent traveler myself, there is a certain expectation we hold hotels to upon check in and room appearance. Unfortunately, it was not met in your instance. Please know that this was an isolated incident and have brought this to the attention of the General Manager.
Despite your experience, we hope that have another opportunity in serving you!
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I chose this hotel for the good price and galley kitchen, but expected so-so quality. I'm happy to say that the staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful, the room was very nice (with a great comfortable bed), and the continental breakfast was far better than I expected. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
nipiotrowska, Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Hello Cathy R,

We’re happy to hear that TownePlace Suites exceeded your expectations! Thank you for recommending us to other travelers on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you back again soon!

TownePlace Suites Team!
19320
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I read the reviews before making a reservation. My experience has been quite different than those that I read. When I checked in, I expected to be recognized as Marriott Gold. I made the reservation through their site. No Marriott # on file. No upgrade available on Sunday night? Rude clerk. Hallways are very dirty. Room is dirty around the edges. A/C not working. I'll find another place tomorrow. Don't believe all those reviews.

Room Tip: Go to a Courtyard instead
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear EdA9676,

We apologize for your experience. Our goal is for each guest to feel at home while away from home and for each team member to be attentive to guests needs, unfortunately we did not meet that standard. Please know that the non functioning AC unit was brought to the attention of the General Manager.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Kindly,
TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg Team!
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I just needed a place to crash for a night in Gaithersburg, and wanted Marriott points, so chose this because it was the least expensive option. But I must say, the front desk staff were marvelous, the room was great (comp. upgrade to a 1-BR suite), and all in all, extremely good value for the money. A few points off because the microwave didn't work (tho really, a true full kitchen), and though it didn't bother me, I could hear a few or more dogs barking in other parts of the hotel, so you might want to keep that in mind.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
nipiotrowska, Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Greetings Tracy98110,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the TownePlace Suites Marriot in Gaithersburg! Our staff works very hard for our guests by giving them that ‘little extra’ and making them feel at home. Please note that the non functioning microwave has been brought to the attention of our staff and we apologize for any inconveniences.

We hope that next time you are looking for a place to stay in Gaithesrburg, MD you choose the TownePlace Suites!

Warm Regards,
TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg team!
Stowe, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The suite seemed crowded and unwelcoming when we first arrived late at night. Over the course of our three-night stay, however - thanks to Hurricane Irene - we settled in and grew to like the property. The staff are very responsive and helpful, particularly Ashley at the front desk. It's important to remember that this is a value-priced property. As such, complimentary breakfasts are minimal - coffee, juices, pre-packaged pastries - nothing hot. Similarly, our studio suite was smaller than accommodations we are more accustomed to. Since ours was a Rewards stay, only a studio suite was available to us. I'm sure there are other suites available that are more spacious. When all was said and done, my husband and I agreed that this is a property to which we would return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
nipiotrowska, Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Dear CAP1953,

We hope that you and your family had safe travels home to Vermont after Hurricane Irene! TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg take pride in making our guests feel at home while away from home so we are pleased to hear that you may return! When you stay with us again, check with our guest services personnel and they will be able to recommend attractions and places to eat in the area, fun for the entire family. We provide extended stay studios and two-bedroom suites to accommodate larger groups, our complimentary breakfast bar is new and offers breakfast snacks- ideal when on the go.
We are delighted that we were able to fulfill you and your family’s needs.
Looking forward to serving you again!

TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg Team!

Been to TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!