“I found a new chain for my family travel” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rockville, MD
“I found a new chain for my family travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

So I can home one day from having renovations done in my house to see my house full of dust from a mistake my contractors made, and with allergies I did not feel it safe to stay home, so I searched for a place nearby that could accomodate my family with a toddler and infant....so I booked a night in the Towneplace Suites a few miles from my house.

I reserved a 2 bedroom, and for the difference in price $30 more than a studio, well worth it. I definitely see the value of having that extra space.....the suite was clean, spacious and beds were quite comfortable. As a Marriott Silver Elite member, I have tried different chains, and while I would likely stay at a standard Marriott or Courtyard for business travel, I found this hotel to be quite good for my family.

Carlos the front desk attendent was very friendly, quickly accomodated our request to have a crib brought in so we could get our infant to bed, and when I stopped by the desk 30 minutes later, not only did he remember my name, but he also remember that he had delivered the crib while I had gone out.

Two negatives...

1) not impressed with the breakfast (packaged danishes/muffins, yogurt, fruit and cereal, was hoping for something freshly baked)

2) was stuck without both cars, and it took almost an hour to get a cab to come, and not great access to public transportation, with the location, you really need a car.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
nipiotrowska, Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Hello jason31574,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review about our hotel, TownePlace Suites, on TripAdvisor. We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to please our guests and their families, and make any accommodations possible to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable.

Let me assure you we take this feedback very seriously as it is a critical tool to assist us in providing excellent service to our guests. Our goal is to completely satisfy every one of our guests.

We hope that if you are ever looking for a local hotel in the area that you choose to stay with us again!

TownePlace Suites Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Hotel was nice and clean and conveniently located. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Front desk (especially Sunny) really make the hotel stand out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

We chose this hotel because we needed a 2br suite and because it was more reasonable than staying closer to DC. If you want to visit DC the Metro is not very far away and the Metro Bus line is easy to use. Don't plan to head into DC until after 9:30 AM to avoid rush hour traffic and prices on the Metro. The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and friendly and always there to help us with whatever we needed. Carlos was the best. He helped us with everything from calling us a taxi, suggesting dinner places, suggesting local things to see, to helping print boarding passes! The rooms are very clean, the beds comfortable, and our request for extra towels and pillows was filled everyday of our stay. It is in somewhat of a commerical office area, but there is a mall very close. There is a train that goes by 3 or 4 times a day, but after the first night we really didn't notice it. If you don't mind driving or taking public transporation this is an excellent place to stay for any trip to DC.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
HilaryWalsh, Owner at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2010
Dear kurleysue2010,

It was a pleasure to read your recent review of the Towneplace Suites Gaithersburg, MD. You are correct, besides our fantastic and helpful staff, we are very convenient to the Shady Grove Metro, which can take you all over the Washington, DC area. Our location is ideal in that Lakeforest Mall and many other restaurants, parks and recreation facilities are close by. Thank you for specifically mentioning Carlos; we will be sure to commend him on his superior guest service! We are glad you found the hotel, its staff and facilities so enjoyable and thank you for your review! Please come back to visit again!

Hilary
Owner
Charleston SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I was in the Gaithersburg Area for a week on Business. My wife and son went with me. The hotel was excellent!!!!!! It was clean, neat and organized. The front desk Supervisor "Ashley" was the epitome of a model customer service rep. All of the employees I spoke with were extremely helpful!!!!!! Would definitely stay here again. THANK YOU TOWNPLACE!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
HilaryWalsh, Manager at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, August 24, 2009
Dear uspsdoug,

We are delighted you had a great stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to write. Our goal is provide the best service and a clean crisp hotel for all our guests and we are pleased that you liked our accommodations. Thank you for mentioning Ashley, our Front Desk Supervisor - we will let her know how much you appreciated her service. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Hilary Walsh
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stayed here for one night with my wife and infant son. Got a very good AAA rate and took advantage of it. Upgraded to a very spacious one bedroom suite. Included kitchen with full fridge, stove, and microwave. Would definitely recommend. Take note that it's in a middle of a business park area, but still accessible to everything.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
dattardi, owner and management group at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 18, 2009
Hello, ApontePR -

Thank you so much for your feedback about our TownePlace Suites by Marriott Gaithersburg! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very pleased that you had a great experience at our hotel.

We take pride in providing the best guest service in the industry, so we are glad to know we met all your expectations... plus a little bit more.

Thanks again and we hope to have the pleasure to serve you and your family again soon!

Always,
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Gaithersburg
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

If you're on business, do yourself a favor and drive a few minutes down the road to either the Marriott Washingtonian or the Marriott Courtyard Gaithersburg. They are so far superior to this hotel that they make this look like a roadside motor-lodge. I arrived late and was locked out. When I arrived I was told to wait until someone could assist me. After the attendant took a call and "finished his nightly notes" he checked me in. I just got off a miserable 4 hour car ride...THANKS! I also tried 3x unsuccessfully for a wake up call. No answer. To top it all off, the wireless interned was "out of service." Like I said, go down another 3 minutes to true Marriott properties. This one is "owned and managed" by someone else.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
dattardi, owner and management group at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 29, 2009
Hello, 8675309e9 –

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback in your TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your visit to the hotel and for taking the time to submit a review. We take all reviews very seriously, as we look for every opportunity we can get to improve our service.

Having said that, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you had at our hotel, and we regret that your stay didn’t meet all your expectations.

As you know, as a TownePlace Suites by Marriott, our hotel is most suitably designed for extended-stay guests, and therefore is much smaller and less overstated than other, full-service Marriott’s. However, that is not to say that we are not aptly equipped to meet our guests needs, and we sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations during your stay.

We are extremely regretful of the mishap during your late arrival, including missing your wake-up call requests. As a property that is designed to be an extended-stay hotel, it is important that we meet our guests’ needs and provide them with a clean, safe, and crisp hotel room, while balancing the lean resources that an extended-stay hotel affords. From years of experience, we have found that having one front desk attendant after “normal” check-in hours is the most fitting for the most number of guests, as well as the most practical for our hotel operation. However, we realize we didn’t provide you with excellent service, and we apologize. Regardless, you do raise a very valid point that, undoubtedly, represents the sentiment of a few of our guests, so I assure you that we will revisit this policy and decide if we should change it or not as we move forward. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Also, we apologize that the high-speed wireless internet was having connectivity problems during your stay. We are lucky to be able to say that such problems are few and far between at our TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, however we assure you this is something that we are fully aware of and will address immediately.

And lastly, the next time you stay with us, please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

Again, thank you very much for your posting; we will most certainly use this feedback to improve our service, and hopefully we will have the pleasure to serve you again in the near future.

TownePlace Suites by Marriott Gaithersburg
cocoa beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

You get a full kitchen and a lot of space compared to most long term stay places. The staff is excellent especially the manager (forgot his name) and a young woman named Ashley who assisted us daily. You can get into D.C. in about 30 minutes if it's not morning rush time. The cookies you get in the afternoon are better than a bakery!

• Liked — afternoon cookies
  • Disliked — a bit of a drive from tourist locations
  • Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
HilaryWalsh, owner and management company at TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 12, 2009
Dear bryantl,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you liked our staff and our cookies! We strive to provide friendly and accommodating service to our guests and are glad you enjoyed our facilities, staff and your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to TownePlace Suites Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!