“Good hotel for the business traveller” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
“Good hotel for the business traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Nice hotel. Rooms are well equipped and quiet. The gym is good with a large selection of equipment.

The bar serves a decent selection of beers on tap and in bottle and the food is better than any of the local restaurants.

I wouldn't stay in the area other than for work, and the hotel serves that market well.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sudbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've stayed here several times on business trips to the Gaithersburg area. The rooms have always been very clean and comfortable. The location is very convenient too: there are a number of restaurants and a movie theater within a very short walk. I've only eaten breakfast in the restaurant, but the buffet had a nice assortment of tasty options.

My one word of advice is to pay attention to which Marriott you are going to: there are three on the same street.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Gaithersburg Marriott. We'll look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed in the Washingtonian Center Area for several weeks, I wish I had realized how close the Marriott was to everything else in the center. It offers far more amentities than the Courtyard down the hill. The GM of this property was friendly and helpful and the restaurant has some pretty decent options on the menu which came in handy due to the winter storm that swept through. This location is very close to all the Washingtonian Center has to offer and backs up the pond and walking trail.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the pond!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thanks for your post about our hotel and for sharing on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you found the hotel to have a great location and that our staff was friendly. We'll look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Gaithersburg.

Frederick, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

When the first thing you receive upon check in is all the reasons they can evict you from the hotel, my radar went up. We attended a wedding reception at which the food was very good and we had a nice time. I was very disappointed at the fact that phone calls were over $6 per call and Wi-Fi was not free. Then to my horror, the breakfast buffet was $20 per person! Really, for breakfast? The poached eggs on the benedict were quite undercooked, the scramble was rubbery and most of the breads were stale. Being in the food service industry, I know that the plate of breakfast that most guests consumed only cost about $2-$4 per plate, the mark up was ridiculous! A person could have a great steak dinner for that amount. Anyway, I will not be staying with this hotel again in the future and will not recommend it. There are tons of other local hotels with better service and more reasonable prices.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I'm sorry to learn that your experience was less than satisfactory on your recent visit to our hotel. I certainly understand your comments and appreciate the feedback. Should you have any additional feedback or comments, please reach out to me directly at the hotel at 301-590-0044.

Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. The hotel was very nice, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I ran in direct from the airport and running late for a business meeting, and the man at the front desk stored my bags for me right away. The room was nice and clean. My only complaint about the room is that it overlooked the front entrance, and was a bit noisy and felt a little too open. Also, the wifi wasn't free in the room, but I could connect to the lobby wifi, which was free.

I didn't get a chance to explore the neighborhood, but there's a big shopping area with restaurants within walking distance.

It's not close to DC, and not terribly close to the Metro (need to take a cab), but if you have business in Gaithersburg, it's great.

Room Tip: I would recommend a higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed the hotel. I'm glad our staff was able to provide you with the service for which Marriott has become so well known. Happy New Year!

-Jay Lefkowitz
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The location is reason to choose this hotel. Great hotel near a beautiful lake, movie theater and a strip with lots of places to eat and shop.. Many restaurants and lots of shopping all within walking distance along with a movie theatre and lake.Love the staff here. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake front view and enjoy the views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center. I'll make sure to share your comments with our staff. I'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Maryland.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Good friendly hotel . Wifi that works and is fast , comfortable beds , room well equipped but not too fussy. Location was just right for my needs.
Overall a great experience. The only downside for me was the shower , which didn't give me much control , it was off or Niagra .

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay with us at the Gaithersburg Marriott. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I'll follow up with our Director of Engineering about the shower in your room to make sure everything is working properly. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Director of Hotel Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
Comfort Inn Shady Grove
Comfort Inn Shady Grove
#3 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.5 of 5 stars 304 reviews

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!