“Happy Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
“Happy Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Good friendly hotel . Wifi that works and is fast , comfortable beds , room well equipped but not too fussy. Location was just right for my needs.
Overall a great experience. The only downside for me was the shower , which didn't give me much control , it was off or Niagra .

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay with us at the Gaithersburg Marriott. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I'll follow up with our Director of Engineering about the shower in your room to make sure everything is working properly. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Ocean City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

What can I say we love this hotel. They have completely remodeled the lobby and restaurant areas. We have been staying at this hotel for many years when in the Gaithersburg location. The location can't be beat. Many restaurants and lots of shopping all within walking distance along with a movie theatre. Ask for a lake front view and enjoy the views. Love the staff here. They go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your review of the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center on TripAdvisor. I love reading such positive feedback from our guests. I will personally make sure to share your comments with our staff so they know of your appreciation for their efforts. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards,
Rensselaer, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and near a beautiful lake, movie theater and a strip with lots of places to eat and shop.. Staff was great and friendly.. They were willing to move our rooms around so we could have adjoining rooms, as requested, with my boyfriend. Only issue my son had was that there was no pool. Otherwise, wonderful hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for posting your review about the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your requests and that you enjoyed your stay. It's always great to hear when we're able to exceed expectations. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a pretty standard full service Marriott. Lobby full of attentive sycophants, average concierge lounge, comfortable rooms, and most importantly - close to where I have business to conduct. The first few nights were - average. Not being a seafood eater, having three choices of seafood in the concierge lounge was disappointing the first night, but it's not like I miss a lot of meals. Since I have several more weeks of work coming up in this area I was planning on making arrangements here again. Not the cheapest place, but again - average for a full service Marriott. Until tonight. The hotel decided to host two functions of over 500 people total (according to one of the wait staff). The parking lot holds MAYBE 300 cars. Returning to the room at about 6:45 - very tired and looking to prepare for tomorrow's meetings before sacking out there was no parking within several blocks. I parked in the check in loop to ask what guests should do for parking. There were three people waiting to check in and NO ONE at the desk. I went up to the room to see what my options might be, and finding none went back to the front desk to ask about parking where one of the smiling sycophants informed me that anywhere in the lot would be fine since they offer free parking. I asked her if she thought that was funny. I moved my car about four blocks away in what I THINK is a legitimate parking space. I will now NOT be able to sack out or prepare for tomorrow since I am packing to leave early tomorrow and will have to move my car later when the events end.

A classy hotel would arrange for such events without kicking out their guests. A classy hotel would have let their guests know that parking would be an issue. A classy hotel would have reserved guest spaces. If the fire marshal shows up, they would be in trouble since there are cars parked EVERYWHERE, even in the fire lanes. This hotel did apparently nothing to prevent this violation. I wonder what would happen if there really were an emergency this evening. Seems to me they would have arranged parking elsewhere and provided a shuttle for the event people. But I'm not in the hospitality industry. What do I know? Well, I do know this - I'll leave in the morning, checking out a day early, and make my future arrangements in the area elsewhere. I would encourage you to do the same. As much as this hotel has to commend itself - they blew it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry to hear about your concerns with the parking last Thursday. I certainly undertstand how frustrating that can be. I'm happy to dicsuss the matter with you, should you like. I can be reached at the hotel at 301-590-0044.

Best regards and thanks again,
Chesapeake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My family and I stayed at the hotel over Thanksgiving break; the staff was fantastic. Amy at the front desk was very accomodating and took time to ensure that my reservation requests were handled properly. She recalled my name upon site as I was checking out, which was a nice touch. The staff that we came into contact with were very personable. Excellent location, will definately be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Lawrence - thanks for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor about your stay with us over Thanksgiving. Amy is great and we'll make sure she's recognized appropriately. We'll hope to see you again at the Gaithersburg Marriott on your next trip to the area.

Thanks again,
Ocean City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My stay at this hotel achieved my most important requirement, no hassles. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting about your stay at the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was hassle-free. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,
Pinehurst, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We stay here every time we visit the area. Convenient to the interstate, no hassle free parking, walk to dining and shopping at Rio, walk around the lake. Recently remodeled inside and very nice. Staff top notch. Weekend rates very good, a little pricey during the week.

• Stayed August 2013
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello Mike -- thanks for taking the time to post about your stay with us at the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you had a nice weekend and enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. Complimentary parking is definitely an asset that our guests enjoy. We'll see you on your next weekend getaway.

Director of Hotel Operations

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!