“Nice, but pricey.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montgomery, Alabama
“Nice, but pricey.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of years for an annual meeting. The hotel staff was VERY accommodating, even helping me get my new smart phone synced to their wi-fi. The restaurant is fine, although the breakfast buffet left me a little lighter in the pocket book. Meeting room facilities are comfortable, and the AV technician was A+. Of course, everything is within walking distance of shops, movies, and other restaurants, not to mention the walking track outside around the lake. If you're in the area, you can find less expensive accommodations, but if you're looking for a good meeting place, I highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake, but higher than the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that our staff was able to exceed your expectations. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Regards,
Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend of a friends wedding. Hotel management assured my friends the hotel bar would stay open for the wedding party as an after party until 1am. This became an integral part of the wedding festivities based on there assurances. Do to some misunderstanding with someone in the bar, the bar manager; Janice Allen, decided that she was going to close the bar at 11:15pm and kicked the entire wedding party out of the bar (over 30 people) for no other reason we could tell besides she wanted to go home. My friends being the good spirited people they are then brought beers out onto a patio attached to the hotel so their friends could continue to enjoy the company of one another in a respectful and quiet manner. This was again to much for the hotel staff. They insinuated that they felt "threatened" by the wedding party and called in security to menace the bride and grooms family. The wedding party then proceeded to a hotel room and received not a single noise complaint (to give you an idea of the "rowdy" "threatening" behavior of this group of people who just wanted to celebrate). I would never travel to this hotel again for any reason. I am seriously considering moving my business out of the Marriott chain all together. If they find this type of rude, deceitful and unprofessional behavior acceptable from their employees it begs the question of where else their staffing is falling short.

I also found the hotel overpriced in all respects for the level of cleanliness, quality of food, and amenities. This hotel is at best a good roadside motel and they might consider hourly rates as that is about all the hotel is good for. I weep for the traveller that is stuck in this hotel run by this soul less group of unhappy monsters.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel for a good room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Mr. Zimbric - I appreciate your speaking with me earlier in the week and appreciate your feedback. As stated during our phone call, I'm happy to discuss this manner with you and have completed the follow up items you requested. Should you have any additional concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel at 301-590-0044.

Regards,
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love the location of this hotel. It is right on the Washingtonian Lake and all you have to do is round the corner of the hotel and voila! There are shops, restaurants, and a movie theater. I accompanied my husband to MD. He was on a business trip, so I loved staying here and having so much to entertain myself. The hotel itself is very nice as well. We were very comfortable in our room and when I asked for extra conditioner, they gave me 3 extra conditioners along with extra shampoo and body wash. There workout room is great too. Great equipment and a bowl of apples...I thought that was a nice touch :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review of the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and the amenities that the hotel has to offer. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to Gaithersburg!

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We made the mistake of having our wedding guests stay at this hotel. We were told by multiple staff that the hotel bar would stay open until 1am and longer if they had a lot of people at the bar. The miserable restaurant manager called last call at 11:15 and kicked out a packed bar because she obviously just wanted to go home. We also weren't allowed to bring our own wine to the outside patio. Not to mention a drunk local regular who was harassing everyone.
The hotel also refused to let us take a look at one of the hotel rooms prior to booking.

Stayed October 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'd be happy to discuss details and to review your concerns with you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at 301-590-0044.

Macomb, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Excellent hotel, clean, however, as I entered the shower their was no rough surface on the floor of the tub, I slipped and injured myself. Not seriously, bruises and a fractured tail bone (per my doctor). The next morning I went to the front desk and told of them of the problem. I asked for a bath mat to be put in the shower. I was told it would be done. Oh well....not done. Not only that but the front desk person I spoke to never even asked me if I was ok.
I would have asked for a Manager, but we were in a hurry to get to the airport and I did not want to miss my plane.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear about the incident you described and would be happy to discuss it further with you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at 301-590-0044 at any time. I hope you feel better soon.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for more than 30 nights during the Spring, and I have to say, for the price paid, it probably was one of my top 5 Marriott experiences ever. Everything is newly updated - from top to bottom. Food good, gym good, rooms fresh, concierge lounge wonderful (especially Maria!!), free parking, complimentary shuttle to the Metro, overall excellent service from EVERYONE, and a nice location with the many dining and shopping options of the Rio Center within a short walk. There is even a more extensive health club facility at the Center with a great lap swimming pool (you have to pay $20 to use it - it would be nice if Marriott would bring back the free vouchers they once had for their guests to go over there). You really can't go wrong at this property if you get a reasonable rate.

Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us at the Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations. I'll make sure to share your feedback with Maria and the rest of the team. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

baltimore, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite marriotts. Concierge level is awesome, staff are friendly, rooms are clean and modern. Gym is small but modern and nice. Food at restaurant is good and they have a great cable package. It's attached to rio shopping center which is fantastic. Food options are chains which aren't my favorite but the shopping and movie theater are great.

• Stayed August 2013
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thanks so much for posting about your stay with us at the Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center. It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Director of Hotel Operations

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!