“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love the location of this hotel. It is right on the Washingtonian Lake and all you have to do is round the corner of the hotel and voila! There are shops, restaurants, and a movie theater. I accompanied my husband to MD. He was on a business trip, so I loved staying here and having so much to entertain myself. The hotel itself is very nice as well. We were very comfortable in our room and when I asked for extra conditioner, they gave me 3 extra conditioners along with extra shampoo and body wash. There workout room is great too. Great equipment and a bowl of apples...I thought that was a nice touch :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing your review of the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and the amenities that the hotel has to offer. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon on your next trip to Gaithersburg!

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We made the mistake of having our wedding guests stay at this hotel. We were told by multiple staff that the hotel bar would stay open until 1am and longer if they had a lot of people at the bar. The miserable restaurant manager called last call at 11:15 and kicked out a packed bar because she obviously just wanted to go home. We also weren't allowed to bring our own wine to the outside patio. Not to mention a drunk local regular who was harassing everyone.
The hotel also refused to let us take a look at one of the hotel rooms prior to booking.

Stayed October 2013
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'd be happy to discuss details and to review your concerns with you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at 301-590-0044.

Macomb, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. Excellent hotel, clean, however, as I entered the shower their was no rough surface on the floor of the tub, I slipped and injured myself. Not seriously, bruises and a fractured tail bone (per my doctor). The next morning I went to the front desk and told of them of the problem. I asked for a bath mat to be put in the shower. I was told it would be done. Oh well....not done. Not only that but the front desk person I spoke to never even asked me if I was ok.
I would have asked for a Manager, but we were in a hurry to get to the airport and I did not want to miss my plane.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear about the incident you described and would be happy to discuss it further with you. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at 301-590-0044 at any time. I hope you feel better soon.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for more than 30 nights during the Spring, and I have to say, for the price paid, it probably was one of my top 5 Marriott experiences ever. Everything is newly updated - from top to bottom. Food good, gym good, rooms fresh, concierge lounge wonderful (especially Maria!!), free parking, complimentary shuttle to the Metro, overall excellent service from EVERYONE, and a nice location with the many dining and shopping options of the Rio Center within a short walk. There is even a more extensive health club facility at the Center with a great lap swimming pool (you have to pay $20 to use it - it would be nice if Marriott would bring back the free vouchers they once had for their guests to go over there). You really can't go wrong at this property if you get a reasonable rate.

Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us at the Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations. I'll make sure to share your feedback with Maria and the rest of the team. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

baltimore, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite marriotts. Concierge level is awesome, staff are friendly, rooms are clean and modern. Gym is small but modern and nice. Food at restaurant is good and they have a great cable package. It's attached to rio shopping center which is fantastic. Food options are chains which aren't my favorite but the shopping and movie theater are great.

• Stayed August 2013
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thanks so much for posting about your stay with us at the Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center. It's so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Wausau, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We loved our stay. We paid only $99 and had a large room overlooking the lake. The restaurant was perfect and we sat outside looking at the lake. We then walked around the board walk and listened to music and finally had our dinner at one of the many restaurants. This is a perfect spot for the traveler to get of the road and relax and unwind. It is a hidden gem as we have stopped on our way traveling in this area and not found this place before. Note the breakfast buffet will a little pricy is great with omelets, salmon and much more.

Room Tip: A high floor facing the lake!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thanks for posting about your recent stay with us at the Gaithersburg Marriott. It's nice to hear stories how our guests enjoy the area and the amenities of the lake side patio on The Bench. Make sure to stop by again now that the weather's so nice!

Thanks again! Safe travels.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Business trip brought me to the area, but I'll come back for a family trip. Easy access. In a safe residential area. Even though rainy outside, it was sunny inside! Front desk, restaurant, bar, all cheerful and accommodating. Had a lake view room which was clean and had a fridge and microwave. Bedding was comfortable, plenty of towels, and plenty of room. Breakfast buffet was generous, fresh and delicious. Boardwalk all around the lake provided a nice, safe walking environment. Boardwalk connected hotel to movie theatres (right next door) and many shoppes and restaurants. And did I mention the hotel parking was free?! Loved this place and reasonable price, too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
So happy to hear about your stay at the Gaithersburg Marriott. Thanks for posting your feedback and review on TripAdvisor. It's always nice to read positive feedback that I can share with our talented team. We'll look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Hotel Operations

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!