“Excellent hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel several times. The location is great with a variety of shops and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. This time I stayed at a hotel with a view of non-lakeside. The view was not good. I suggested asking the room with a view of lake side. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. I forgot to take the shaver with me. The hotel provided me a complementary shaver. My stay was excellent.

Room Tip: room with a lake view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center on TripAdvisor. It's always great to hear when we're able to exceed our guests expectations. I have shared your comments with our staff to make sure they hear the great things you've said and how they were able to go above and beyond for you. I'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Gaithersburg and the DC area.

Pennington, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great location with shops and walks right next door. Rooms are large and very comfortable. Staff was wonderfully welcoming. My only two "buts" are the fact that they charge $12.95 for wifi (really??) and there is no swimming pool. The former oversight is just silly. Why does Marriott feel the need to nickel and dime its guests that way? Instead of paying, I went to the nearby Starbucks, where they treat their customers well (and have free wifi). With regard to the lack of a pool, it's really not a big deal... unless you have kids who would like to go for a swim. Otherwise, my stay was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank George S
bashdup1980, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for posting your review of the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center on TripAdvisor. It's nice to hear from our guests and when we've exceeded expectations. I want to make sure to mention that while there is a fee for internet in the guestrooms, there is complimentary access to wi-fi in the lobby area, restaurant ,and also on our lakefront patio at all times. All guests are welcome to use this free service while in the hotel.

Thanks again,
Boyds, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott Gaithersburg for 2 nights during my business trip to the area. My overall verdict - very professional and worth the stay!

Pros:
1. Close proximity to Gaithersburg, suburb of Washington DC.
2. Front desk and concierge very forthcoming, helpful and attentive.
3. The hotel and room decor is very modern.
4. The hotel in general and rooms are immaculately clean.
5. Concierge service on 10th floor opens at 6am-10pm with many appetizing and drink options.
6. Prompt check-in/check-out.
7. Had dinner at the restaurant and the food was tasty and flavorful.

Cons:
1. No free Wi-fi! Seriously? Every other hotel offers complimentary free WiFi nowdays!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback for the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center. I'm happy to hear where we exceeded your expectations in many areas. For your next visit, please note that there is complimentary wi-fi access in the lobby and restaurant areas of the hotel. The fee for internet applies in the guestrooms and meeting space only.

Best regards and thank you again for sharing your feedback. I'll make sure our staff is recognized appropriately.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Marriott Gaithersburg before, during and after it's renovation. Just lovely. Everything is very modern and warm. The staff continues to be some of the most friendly and helpful I have encountered in my travels. The rooms are a good size and the beds very comfortable. Ask for a view of the lake . The food is very good at the restaurant and the bar was a fun place to be with prompt service. If doing breakfast, it can be a bit of a crush with the impression that wait staff was harried. There are other places to eat (and shop) through the Washingtonian complex if you desire but the food is quite tasty at the hotel. There is also free coffee in the rooms.
The exercise center is well equipped. The new business center - wonderful! Free printing for those last minute handouts was a great perk. Free wifi in the lobby as well as the business center.
This area has everything from clothes, food and movies to meet your needs. It's a great location for a meeting with a short cab ride to the Shady Grove metro.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review of the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center. I too agree that it's a special place and we have a great team of dedicated hospitaliy professionals that take care of our valued guests. I hope to meet you in person upon your next visit to Gaithersburg.

Thanks again,
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The front desk staff are all friendly and helpful. They really seemed eager to please, for example, checking me in early and finding a good room. The Benches restaurant is very good; I ate breakfast and lunch there. The service was good and the food quality was very good. There was a wide selection of food available. The room was spacious and the bed and pillows were fantastic! Ask for a Lake View room but if you have a road side room which overlooks the freeway/parking lot, the rooms are soundproofed so it's not a concern. I loved the fact that the windows could open. The hotel is close to the Rio Centre where there are great restaurants and shops, as well as a lovely walk around a lake.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms have a great view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us at the Gaithersburg Marriott. I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed a few meals at our new restaurant, The Bench! You'll have to make sure to come back when the weather is warmer to enjoy our lakeside patio!

Thanks again!
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel staff was exceptional. The Receptionist very helpful when we arrived.
Very good and balanced breakfast.
Outstanding location.
My kids loved Washington and this hotel has greatly contributed to this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to see that your family enjoyed your vacation at the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center. I hope you'll come back when your travels bring you to the area.

new york city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I didn't have a choice in staying at this hotel: it was organized by my conference. But, my goodness, it is fabulous. If you need a hotel in this area, you will be very happy here. Let me single out one person at the front desk: Akil. A very professional young man who knows what the hospitality industry is all about. I had some specific requests for a room and he just found the best room for me. None of that "Let me see what I can do" of, worse, "No, not available." He just did his best with a smile. Though this Marriott is a bit isolated (the cab ride from the Shady Grove Metro cost $15 with tip), the Washingtonian Center is not bad. I recommend BGR for a quick burger that is excellent. For those particularly frugal (like me), there's a Target in this mall that has a large selection of groceries. Go! You'll be glad.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Gaithesrburg Marriott. I'm glad that Akil exceeded your expectations. He, along with all of our Associates, are our greatest assets and it's always great to hear when we've taken such great care with our valued guests. I'll make sure he is recognized appropriately. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Director of Hotel Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
#4 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 359 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Gaithersburg/Washington, DC North
Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!