“Good breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Very good breakfast, large choice and fresh and tasty. Rooms have Good beds and pillows, which helps me to overcome my jet lag.
Well situated, restaurants and shopping nearby. And when good wether, nice place for a good stroll.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Gaithersburg Marriott on TripAdvisor. I can't wait to welcome you back to the hotel to experience our new lobby and restaurant opening in Spring 2013!

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Unlike other reviewers who say they will revisit a property, my group actually came back to the Marriott Washingtonian in June after our initial April visit. My group of 41 was once again treated to wonderful service, good food and professionalism. True story ... on our first day while I was in the lobby waiting on our attendees to arrive, a hotel manager walked by and said hi. She stopped and we chatted a bit. She was new to the hotel, we'd never met and she had no clue who I was. Yet she took the time to stop and initiate a conversation about how I was enjoying my stay. That kind of friendliness speaks volumes about the Marriott Washingtonian staff. No request that I or my attendees had, was too much to fulfill. The spirit of service that the hotel staff have echo those of my co-workers and myself, so it did much to make my meeting attendees comfortable and productive.

On this stay, several of us received rooms with a lake view and others the view of I-270, but no matter, no one had anything bad to say about their hotel room, staff, meeting rooms or anything else.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a lake view - and particularly one above maybe the 4th floor. If you're plac...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback about your group's experience at the Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center. I'm so happy that our team again exceeded your expectations and that you shared this story on TripAdvisor. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and to Marriott. I'll look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Gaithersburg!

-Jay Lefkowitz
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It's a typical hotel but the location is outstanding. There's a Starbucks and several restaurants within a block. A movie theater too. Within a few blocks there are more restaurants, a Target (for those things you realize you forgot), lots of shopping and the hotel sits on a small man-made lake with a path around it - great for walking! I had no problems with noise and absolutely everything I needed was right outside the door. And some things I didn't need like the gourmet cupcake shop and 16 Handles. If traveling for fun I might choose a cheaper place but for business where I have little time and need convenience, I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for sending in your comments to TripAdvisor! It's great to hear how pleased you were with your stay at the Gatihersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center! I agree the location of our hotel is one of its greatest assets. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

-Jay Lefkowitz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights because we wanted to be close to shopping and restaurants. It was great. Had a 3rd floor room facing 270 with no road noise at all. Hotel staff was great! Room very clean and spacious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about your stay. I appreicate your taking the time to share them on TripAdvisor. I will also make sure to share the sentiments with our team to celebrate!

I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Gaithersburg.

Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Gaithersburg Marriott provided an excellent stay with helpful staff, a comfortable room, and -best of all - great access to numerous restaurants with a variety of cuisine just moments away on foot. Oddly, this Marriott is located in an area well away from the Nation's capital, with no major landmark employer nearby, a legacy of a relationship with the local Sodexho office just down the street.

Despite its location being odd relative to local major offices, staying at the Marriott, my bed was comfortable, my room was comfortable, in the lobby is starbucks coffee, and frankly an overpriced hotel restaurant. I am not sure why anyone would patronize the in-house establishment with so many high quality dining options nearby.

The water pressure was nice in the morning, and while the room service menu is small, both the breakfast and dinner I ordered at different times over my stay were pretty good, and little more exhorbitant than a trip to the restaurant down stairs would have been.

On that note, one thing future travellers should note: this property has an awful habit of making follow up calls for room service. I call, i ask for pillows. Someone knocks on my door and brings me pillows. I get a call 10 or 15 minutes later asking if I got my pillows. I call, I ask for breakfast. Someone brings my breakfast 30 or 40 minutes later. Some time after that, someone calls to ask if I got my breakfast and I like it.

I am sorry but it was just annoying! It stops the process of going about whatever else I am doing, or, in one case, woke up my 4 month old daughter. Its just unnecessary. If I don't have my pillows or breakfast, or whatever 30 minutes later, chances are I can pick up the same phone that I used to order them to repeat my request.

The reason that I really like to stay at this property is that its enough off the beaten track that prices are pretty good, but part of the larger Washingtonian Center! There are so many restaurants with a wide variety of food types, many of them good, plus great shopping just a few minutes away. And, while the fitness center itself is kind of small, the hotel backs up to the Washingtonian center's man-made lake, which includes a walking trail all of the way around, great for walking or jogging when the weather was decent.

All in all, I would call the room a good value, and a pretty good sleep, and except for the annoying repeat calls, and the unaccountably high lobby restaurant prices, its a great place to stay in a few weeks when I need to come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. The 2-hallway spoke design of the floors sometimes means th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for the detailed feedback from your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the area and all of the amenities the hotel and Washingtonian Center have to offer. I certainly agree that it's a great hidden gem in Maryland. I appreciate your comments about the amount of follow up. While we want to ensure satisfaction by contacting our guests while in the hotel, I understand the need for balance during the stay and will use your comments as we continue in our on-the-job training for our Associates.

Best regards and again, thank you.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this property this summer. Different room same problem: the rooms aren't cleaned properly, particularly in the bathrooms. Between a tub that doesn't drain properly and to a shower curtain with obvious black marks and smudges. This property is a basic 3 star with dire need of a new cleaning staff. If you have the option stay at the neighboring Marriott Courtyard neighborhood property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I appreicate your taking the time to share the comments. I will make sure to use this as a training opportunity for our Housekeeping team to ensure that rooms are properly addressed between guests. If you'd like to share any additional feedback about your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 301-590-0044. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Regards,
Warsaw, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family just stayed at this hotel yesterday and really liked it. The room was clean, the staff was very helpful, and the area was great. It's very close to a lot of restaurants and stores. I would have given this hotel an "excellent" except for one thing, and that was the pool. In the printed material it said that it was open until 11PM, then there was a handwritten note on the same page that said it was open until 10PM, but when my sister called the front desk they said that it was only open until 8PM. To top it off, when we tried again in the morning, we couldn't even find the darn pool! If you don't care about a pool, this is a really great hotel. If you are looking for a lot of swimming, either look elsewehere or be prepared for some crazy hours!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out onto the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!