“Perfect for business travel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect for business travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

It's a typical hotel but the location is outstanding. There's a Starbucks and several restaurants within a block. A movie theater too. Within a few blocks there are more restaurants, a Target (for those things you realize you forgot), lots of shopping and the hotel sits on a small man-made lake with a path around it - great for walking! I had no problems with noise and absolutely everything I needed was right outside the door. And some things I didn't need like the gourmet cupcake shop and 16 Handles. If traveling for fun I might choose a cheaper place but for business where I have little time and need convenience, I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for sending in your comments to TripAdvisor! It's great to hear how pleased you were with your stay at the Gatihersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center! I agree the location of our hotel is one of its greatest assets. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area!

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights because we wanted to be close to shopping and restaurants. It was great. Had a 3rd floor room facing 270 with no road noise at all. Hotel staff was great! Room very clean and spacious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for the great comments about your stay. I appreicate your taking the time to share them on TripAdvisor. I will also make sure to share the sentiments with our team to celebrate!

I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Gaithersburg.

Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Gaithersburg Marriott provided an excellent stay with helpful staff, a comfortable room, and -best of all - great access to numerous restaurants with a variety of cuisine just moments away on foot. Oddly, this Marriott is located in an area well away from the Nation's capital, with no major landmark employer nearby, a legacy of a relationship with the local Sodexho office just down the street.

Despite its location being odd relative to local major offices, staying at the Marriott, my bed was comfortable, my room was comfortable, in the lobby is starbucks coffee, and frankly an overpriced hotel restaurant. I am not sure why anyone would patronize the in-house establishment with so many high quality dining options nearby.

The water pressure was nice in the morning, and while the room service menu is small, both the breakfast and dinner I ordered at different times over my stay were pretty good, and little more exhorbitant than a trip to the restaurant down stairs would have been.

On that note, one thing future travellers should note: this property has an awful habit of making follow up calls for room service. I call, i ask for pillows. Someone knocks on my door and brings me pillows. I get a call 10 or 15 minutes later asking if I got my pillows. I call, I ask for breakfast. Someone brings my breakfast 30 or 40 minutes later. Some time after that, someone calls to ask if I got my breakfast and I like it.

I am sorry but it was just annoying! It stops the process of going about whatever else I am doing, or, in one case, woke up my 4 month old daughter. Its just unnecessary. If I don't have my pillows or breakfast, or whatever 30 minutes later, chances are I can pick up the same phone that I used to order them to repeat my request.

The reason that I really like to stay at this property is that its enough off the beaten track that prices are pretty good, but part of the larger Washingtonian Center! There are so many restaurants with a wide variety of food types, many of them good, plus great shopping just a few minutes away. And, while the fitness center itself is kind of small, the hotel backs up to the Washingtonian center's man-made lake, which includes a walking trail all of the way around, great for walking or jogging when the weather was decent.

All in all, I would call the room a good value, and a pretty good sleep, and except for the annoying repeat calls, and the unaccountably high lobby restaurant prices, its a great place to stay in a few weeks when I need to come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. The 2-hallway spoke design of the floors sometimes means th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for the detailed feedback from your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the area and all of the amenities the hotel and Washingtonian Center have to offer. I certainly agree that it's a great hidden gem in Maryland. I appreciate your comments about the amount of follow up. While we want to ensure satisfaction by contacting our guests while in the hotel, I understand the need for balance during the stay and will use your comments as we continue in our on-the-job training for our Associates.

Best regards and again, thank you.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this property this summer. Different room same problem: the rooms aren't cleaned properly, particularly in the bathrooms. Between a tub that doesn't drain properly and to a shower curtain with obvious black marks and smudges. This property is a basic 3 star with dire need of a new cleaning staff. If you have the option stay at the neighboring Marriott Courtyard neighborhood property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I appreicate your taking the time to share the comments. I will make sure to use this as a training opportunity for our Housekeeping team to ensure that rooms are properly addressed between guests. If you'd like to share any additional feedback about your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 301-590-0044. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Regards,
Warsaw, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family just stayed at this hotel yesterday and really liked it. The room was clean, the staff was very helpful, and the area was great. It's very close to a lot of restaurants and stores. I would have given this hotel an "excellent" except for one thing, and that was the pool. In the printed material it said that it was open until 11PM, then there was a handwritten note on the same page that said it was open until 10PM, but when my sister called the front desk they said that it was only open until 8PM. To top it off, when we tried again in the morning, we couldn't even find the darn pool! If you don't care about a pool, this is a really great hotel. If you are looking for a lot of swimming, either look elsewehere or be prepared for some crazy hours!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out onto the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wintergreen, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Most of my stays at Marriott's have been very good. However, this particular one is right next to I-270 and, even staying on the 7th floor, we could still hear the road noise. We were confirmed with a King Size bed and when we got there none were available. The air conditioning was barely operating and the room was humid. Also, the dining room food was lousy and expensive. On the positive, very comfortable beds, nice workout room and bar.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side close to the theater buildings are quieter and have a better view. Also, avo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you found our beds comfortable and apologize for the inconvenience of your preferred bed type not being available. I'm happy to discuss your specific situation directly, if you prefer. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 301-590-0044.

Regards,
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love Marriot beds because they make me feel like I am resting on cotton! The hotel is conveniently located (not too far from the interstate) and close to other Marriot properties and shopping! (My kind of location!) There only negative I have is this: Room 727 tub drain is slower than molasses and the breakfast is a bit pricey. Exceptional...but a bit pricey! I stayed during a time that this Marriot was the host hotel for two family reunions. Most of the family members had breakfast elsewhere. It was definitely beyond my employee per diem rate...but because the breakfast menu was so great, I bit the bullet and paid out-of-pocket. I found the staff most pleasant and helpful. Definitely a positive recommendation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We've repaired the tub drain in the room. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Only through the valuable feedback of our guests can we continue to provide exceptional experiences for our guests. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Gaithersburg.

Director of Hotel Operations

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!