“Disappointing...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointing...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at this property this summer. Different room same problem: the rooms aren't cleaned properly, particularly in the bathrooms. Between a tub that doesn't drain properly and to a shower curtain with obvious black marks and smudges. This property is a basic 3 star with dire need of a new cleaning staff. If you have the option stay at the neighboring Marriott Courtyard neighborhood property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I appreicate your taking the time to share the comments. I will make sure to use this as a training opportunity for our Housekeeping team to ensure that rooms are properly addressed between guests. If you'd like to share any additional feedback about your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 301-590-0044. I hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the future.

Jay Lefkowitz

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Warsaw, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family just stayed at this hotel yesterday and really liked it. The room was clean, the staff was very helpful, and the area was great. It's very close to a lot of restaurants and stores. I would have given this hotel an "excellent" except for one thing, and that was the pool. In the printed material it said that it was open until 11PM, then there was a handwritten note on the same page that said it was open until 10PM, but when my sister called the front desk they said that it was only open until 8PM. To top it off, when we tried again in the morning, we couldn't even find the darn pool! If you don't care about a pool, this is a really great hotel. If you are looking for a lot of swimming, either look elsewehere or be prepared for some crazy hours!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out onto the lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Wintergreen, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Most of my stays at Marriott's have been very good. However, this particular one is right next to I-270 and, even staying on the 7th floor, we could still hear the road noise. We were confirmed with a King Size bed and when we got there none were available. The air conditioning was barely operating and the room was humid. Also, the dining room food was lousy and expensive. On the positive, very comfortable beds, nice workout room and bar.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side close to the theater buildings are quieter and have a better view. Also, avo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you found our beds comfortable and apologize for the inconvenience of your preferred bed type not being available. I'm happy to discuss your specific situation directly, if you prefer. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 301-590-0044.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love Marriot beds because they make me feel like I am resting on cotton! The hotel is conveniently located (not too far from the interstate) and close to other Marriot properties and shopping! (My kind of location!) There only negative I have is this: Room 727 tub drain is slower than molasses and the breakfast is a bit pricey. Exceptional...but a bit pricey! I stayed during a time that this Marriot was the host hotel for two family reunions. Most of the family members had breakfast elsewhere. It was definitely beyond my employee per diem rate...but because the breakfast menu was so great, I bit the bullet and paid out-of-pocket. I found the staff most pleasant and helpful. Definitely a positive recommendation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We've repaired the tub drain in the room. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Only through the valuable feedback of our guests can we continue to provide exceptional experiences for our guests. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Gaithersburg.

Chapel Hill, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We spent last weekend at the Marriott at a family reunion. The facility and location were both very nice. One of the best Marriot matresses that I have experienced. The front desk staff left a lot to be desired. They didn't seem to "have it together". Preparing for an early tee time on Sat., we went down to get breakfast, but they didn't open the resturant until seven. Maybe it was because it was a weekend, but the facility was full and I was not the only one looking for breakfast. I've stayed there before and will again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I have used your comments as a training topic with our Associates to insure we are always asking questions to insure we are exceeding our guest's expectations. Should you wish to share specific comments, I welcome your feedback. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel 301-590-0044.

-Jay Lefkowitz, Director of Hotel Operatoins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

After traveling through the nasty beltway traffic I was delighted to arrive at a very nice Marriott! Being a Platinum member I was given a room on the 9th floor facing the River Walk and a key to the executive lounge. The room was plush, Nicely decorated, comfy bed with great linens, flat screen tv, big windows(!), well lit and lots of plugs/outlets in all the right places.
The executive lounge was one of the best. There was a nice selection of Asian foods, cheese and crackers, veggies and all kinds of beverages. I must say...it was all very fresh and very good! I was exhausted from my work day and traffic...having this food available for a quick and nice dinner made this stay most memorable! Even the breakfast the next morning was excellent. All hot, nice choices and plentiful! You can see the effort put into the executive lounge...one of the best! This is greatly appreciated by someone on the road a lot!
Right out the back door of the hotel...the River Walk starts. Lots of Restaurants, stores, movie theater, and paddle boats. A great place to stroll or sit back and do some great people watching! I even enjoyed watching all the activity from my great window view!
I look forward to staying here again. Hopefully I will get another reasonable rate!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your feedback. It's always nice to hear when things go well! I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Gaithersburg!

Jay Lefkowitz
Harrison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for a lacrosse tournament. We had stayed at the Courtyard the year before but it was booked. I was a little worried since the hotel was at the end of the complex, but it was very easy to walk around and get to where everything was happening.

We were on the ninth floor. The elevators took forever to get up and down but there were a lot of people there for the tournament , so it was understandable.

We had a king lake view room. The view was pretty and we could hear music from the restaurants down below. It quieted down at just the right time so it didn't keep us up.

I am a bed bug checker. I lift the mattress, the bedskirt, look in cracks...I am a maniac when it comes to this. I get very skeeved. I didn't see anything and my daughter and I woke up fine each morning....so it was bug free. The room was clean and we were quite happy.

Because of my daughter's schedule , we were in the room quite often. We wanted to watch a movie one night but the movie was 17.99! We couldn't believe how expensive that was. Also, you have to pay for wifi(which we didn't do). That was also annoying because we couldn't play on our phones/computers. We ended up going to a movie the next day at the Rio which was fun.

We did order breakfast and it came up at exactly the time I had put. We just got the continental which was a pastry and a muffin with coffee. It was fine.

We were lucky enough that the area's fireworks had been postponed due to weather from the 4th. They set them off one night we were there so we got to watch fireworks from our hotel window. That was really cool.

The front desk was extremely courteous and pleasant. I was asking for a spoon and they gave me napkins, forks, etc. They were all smiling and happy.

I would definitely stay here again. It was a very nice place to stay and the beds are extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: Lake view room was wonderful to look out at and see all the people. We were on the ninth floor which...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the compliements on our service and staff at the Gaithersburg Marriott! We hope to see you again for the next tournament!

Director of Hotel Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Free Parking, M...
SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg
SpringHill Suites Gaithersburg
#9 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 96 reviews

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!