“"Comfortable Sleep...Pricey Breakfast"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Durham, North Carolina
“"Comfortable Sleep...Pricey Breakfast"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love Marriot beds because they make me feel like I am resting on cotton! The hotel is conveniently located (not too far from the interstate) and close to other Marriot properties and shopping! (My kind of location!) There only negative I have is this: Room 727 tub drain is slower than molasses and the breakfast is a bit pricey. Exceptional...but a bit pricey! I stayed during a time that this Marriot was the host hotel for two family reunions. Most of the family members had breakfast elsewhere. It was definitely beyond my employee per diem rate...but because the breakfast menu was so great, I bit the bullet and paid out-of-pocket. I found the staff most pleasant and helpful. Definitely a positive recommendation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We've repaired the tub drain in the room. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Only through the valuable feedback of our guests can we continue to provide exceptional experiences for our guests. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Gaithersburg.

-Jay Lefkowitz
Director of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chapel Hill, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We spent last weekend at the Marriott at a family reunion. The facility and location were both very nice. One of the best Marriot matresses that I have experienced. The front desk staff left a lot to be desired. They didn't seem to "have it together". Preparing for an early tee time on Sat., we went down to get breakfast, but they didn't open the resturant until seven. Maybe it was because it was a weekend, but the facility was full and I was not the only one looking for breakfast. I've stayed there before and will again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jay-AGM, Manager at Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I have used your comments as a training topic with our Associates to insure we are always asking questions to insure we are exceeding our guest's expectations. Should you wish to share specific comments, I welcome your feedback. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel 301-590-0044.

Regards,
-Jay Lefkowitz, Director of Hotel Operatoins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

After traveling through the nasty beltway traffic I was delighted to arrive at a very nice Marriott! Being a Platinum member I was given a room on the 9th floor facing the River Walk and a key to the executive lounge. The room was plush, Nicely decorated, comfy bed with great linens, flat screen tv, big windows(!), well lit and lots of plugs/outlets in all the right places.
The executive lounge was one of the best. There was a nice selection of Asian foods, cheese and crackers, veggies and all kinds of beverages. I must say...it was all very fresh and very good! I was exhausted from my work day and traffic...having this food available for a quick and nice dinner made this stay most memorable! Even the breakfast the next morning was excellent. All hot, nice choices and plentiful! You can see the effort put into the executive lounge...one of the best! This is greatly appreciated by someone on the road a lot!
Right out the back door of the hotel...the River Walk starts. Lots of Restaurants, stores, movie theater, and paddle boats. A great place to stroll or sit back and do some great people watching! I even enjoyed watching all the activity from my great window view!
I look forward to staying here again. Hopefully I will get another reasonable rate!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your feedback. It's always nice to hear when things go well! I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Gaithersburg!

Jay Lefkowitz
Harrison, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for a lacrosse tournament. We had stayed at the Courtyard the year before but it was booked. I was a little worried since the hotel was at the end of the complex, but it was very easy to walk around and get to where everything was happening.

We were on the ninth floor. The elevators took forever to get up and down but there were a lot of people there for the tournament , so it was understandable.

We had a king lake view room. The view was pretty and we could hear music from the restaurants down below. It quieted down at just the right time so it didn't keep us up.

I am a bed bug checker. I lift the mattress, the bedskirt, look in cracks...I am a maniac when it comes to this. I get very skeeved. I didn't see anything and my daughter and I woke up fine each morning....so it was bug free. The room was clean and we were quite happy.

Because of my daughter's schedule , we were in the room quite often. We wanted to watch a movie one night but the movie was 17.99! We couldn't believe how expensive that was. Also, you have to pay for wifi(which we didn't do). That was also annoying because we couldn't play on our phones/computers. We ended up going to a movie the next day at the Rio which was fun.

We did order breakfast and it came up at exactly the time I had put. We just got the continental which was a pastry and a muffin with coffee. It was fine.

We were lucky enough that the area's fireworks had been postponed due to weather from the 4th. They set them off one night we were there so we got to watch fireworks from our hotel window. That was really cool.

The front desk was extremely courteous and pleasant. I was asking for a spoon and they gave me napkins, forks, etc. They were all smiling and happy.

I would definitely stay here again. It was a very nice place to stay and the beds are extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: Lake view room was wonderful to look out at and see all the people. We were on the ninth floor which...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the compliements on our service and staff at the Gaithersburg Marriott! We hope to see you again for the next tournament!

-Jay Lefkowitz
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very nice Marriott overall. The lobby is not new and not old, really up to date and nice looking. The staff are all very, friendly. There is a spectacular walking path around a large lake right out back of the hotel and it is right in the middle of a large area of restaurants and shops. Overall this is a park of a Live/Work community so there are a many Apartment complexes and big businesses that are all situated in walking distance to this hotel. I will be back!

Room Tip: Go for a walk around the lake immediatly after you arrive and you will get a great overview of the e...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

What a great experience! We recently used the Marriott Gaithersburg as the hotel site for a wedding held in the area. I worked closely with Torri in Group Sales to set up all the details. She was amazingly helpful, courteous, resourceful and thorough. The rate extended to us was excellent.
This hotel had a wonderful room- a hospitality suite which we used as a general meeting area for family. This room had a Murphy bed so we were able to use it as one bedroom. What an excellent use of space. I would recommend this totally to anyone in this same situation. It would have been wonderful for a bride or groom to get dressed there and take photos.

The front desk staff handled all issues ( minimal) which arose. The service staff was very easy to work with.

All in all, all guests were happy and I was thrilled.

Room Tip: if you are with a group, the Hospitality Suite was a fabulous room to utilize a hub. Rooms facing t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us for such a special occasion. I'll make sure to share your feedback with Torri and our Events Team. I hope to see you again on a future visit to the area.

Jay Lefkowitz
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My hubby and I stayed here the night after our wedding and had a beautiful view of the lake with a balcony room. The room was very cozy and clean. Amenities we never got a chance to see or use, but our guest (60 of them) that also stayed raved about how great the hotel was and easy access to restaurants, movie theater and shopping!

Room Tip: Higher floor located on the lake side is the best side to be on.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
HYATT house Gaithersburg
HYATT house Gaithersburg
#7 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 265 reviews

Been to Gaithersburg Marriott Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!