I stayed at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg from January 26 - 28 for a hobby event. This was the first time I stayed at this property. I had found a $45 per night rate using my Entertainment Card so I was pleased with the price, however, I wondered whether I would be dumped in a crummy room. To make sure I wasn't, I showed up early the morning of my arrival. Was I bowled over when I was allowed to check into my 6th Floor room at 8:30 am! The gentleman at the fromt desk could not have been nicer and more accommodating. I learned that because of my Priority Club Membership I earned early check in and late check out (2 pm) on the day of my departure.
My 6th floor room was a corner room. Everything was in great condition from the double bed, TV, A/C, clean bathroom. The bed was nice and firm and very comfortable. I usually travel with my own lumbar pillow, so I can't say much about the pillows.
One disappointment -- the faucet at the sink and in the shower took forever to get hot. I learned from others at my event that they faced the same problem.
I do not have problems sleeping, but a quick note about the a/c unit. It was a bit loud. I know others in my party had issues falling asleep because of the racket their a/c unit made. Another small issue - the hotel is across the street from a fire station. As a result, you could be awaken by sirens.
On the first night of my stay the fire alarm went off at 3 am. I slept through it fortunately for me, but I know others in my party could not fall asleep one it was found to be a false alarm. We were told that this happens often by another prior guest.
Had breakfast at the upstairs restaurant two mornings. Service was crummy. Had tea and toast the first morning and the buffet breakfast the next. Had to point out that meat was missing from the buffet then stand around waiting for the bacon and sausage to arrive. The buffet had the basics -- several juices, stuffed pancakes, bread for toast, fruit, cereal, pastry,. breakfast potatoes, eggs etc.
Had lunch at the Irish restaurant one day. Loved the fish and chips. Nice, crunchy fish and great tartar sauce - tasted homemade. The bartender made me a very nice fruit punch that was free because of my Priority Club membership.
All in all, had a very nice stay at this hotel. It was not the best hotel I've ever stayed in, and it was certainly not the worst.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel
- Gaithersburg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, located in the heart of the I-270 High Tech Business Corridor northwest from the attractions of Washington, DC. Rockville, Germantown and Frederick are also nearby. IBM, Lockheed Martin, NIST, DOE and Hughes are within minutes of this Gaithersburg hotel, as are the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, Lake Forest Mall, Maryland Soccerplex, BlackRock Center for the Arts, and the Rockville and Cabin John Ice Rinks. The hotel offers free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius, including Rockville Amtrak and Shady Grove Metro stations.Corporate travelers will appreciate this Montgomery County hotel s 301 executive rooms with plenty of work space and extra amenities. All guest rooms feature free wireless & hard-wired high-speed Internet access. You'll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day! Business and leisure travelers alike will enjoy the indoor pool at our hotel. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center with whirlpool and sun patio. Enjoy American cuisine at the Village Park Cafe and Kids Eat Free! When it's time to unwind, O'Malley's Irish Pub is the place to enjoy your favorite beverage and a late night snack. We are also a pet-friendly hotel! Let the staff and outstanding service at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg make your stay a memorable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.