“Very helpful employees” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Bradenton, Florida
“Very helpful employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed overnight and were very happy with the hotel. The room was up to date and nice and clean. The employees could not have been nicer. The service was great. They picked us up at the Shady Grove metro which was very convenient. Everyone at the hotel was very nice and friendly - from the front desk to the pub in the evening. We were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel late last year, but my visit this week exceeded my previous experience. My room was updated, with modern furnishings and bedding, and was very clean and comfortable. Free parking, wifi included. We will return again.

Stayed April 2014
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed for the full cherry blossom weekend. The room was a typical Holiday Inn quality room with nothing special to say. Bed was quite spring-y, i.e. not good. Good location. So so service. No recognition for my IHG platinum level.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that your experience was not what you expected.
I have taken note and wish to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as this is our best means of improving our guest service and guest satisfaction.
Again, I do apologize and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank again.

Melvin Nichols
Damascus, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My boss came down from NYC and we picked this hotel because of it's location and convenience to DC. The rooms have been upgraded so that just made it even better. The staff was very helpful to us both. Trudy, Barack, Cira and Adnan were very good at taking care of whatever additional need and request we made. Locally their are numerous food options, a near by mall and hotel shuttle to take you to the area metro. Also check with the front desk for special offers with various stores and resturants that will offer their guest discounts.

Room Tip: They have many different room styles. I found that it paid to ask the front desk to help you find w...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I can't say enough good things about my home away from home. The staff and everyone are very professional. I felt very welcome at this hotel and they were always ready to help with any request I made from them. Our group got snow in for half a day and the pool was kept open for them to use until they could tour. Keep up the good work!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Brazil, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I typically believe that most chain hotels are the same when it comes to the rooms (size, cleanliness, etc) and ammenities offered. What makes a huge difference is the staff and at this hotel I can't say enough about the care and consideration about the staff. We found out the second day that the manager was the staff member that drove us to the metro station. Nana felt that if he did all of the jobs his staff members do then not only can he completely understand concerns the staff might have, but can help make each process and procedure provide the best experience for the customer while maintaining productivity and efficiency. He also sets a high standard and example to his team... they don't have any reason to perform at their very best. That tone and example is seen with the care we received from the receptionists to the restaurant staff to the cleaning staff we met in the hallway. Even the maintenance gentleman in the elevator asked how we were doing and if we were enjoying our stay. They appear happy, interested to engage you even to just say hi, and willing to ask how they can make your stay better. When all other factors are the same, a happy, engaging staff makes all the difference. I wouldn't stay anywhere else and have no reason to look elsewhere!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you found our staff to be caring, considerate, happy and engaging. We will
be sure to share your comments with the staff here at the hotel and especially with Nana! We wish you safe travels and look forward to your next visit.

Melvin Nichols
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The owner/operator has terrific staff, but he could do his part in keeping up the facility. The room items were dated; paper lifting off the walls, sink not draining and insufficient electrical outlets. The worst was the noisy fan in the air cooling unit. The sound was unbearable. The two people checking me in around midnight were polite but very challenged. I was asked for my identification/method of payment/phone number four times. For not having anyone ahead of me in line, it took 35 minutes at the desk to get checked in and on my way to my room. All the time they were very polite and thanking me for my patience. I was not able to stay for breakfast but others have commented that the service is terrific.

Room Tip: Don't be in a hurry when checking-in and all will be fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Penta-Seattle,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to know that you mentioned the efforts of our hotel staff. I apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced due to the state of the room and noise levels encountered. I have taken note of these issues and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, we are grateful for your valuable feedback. Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!