Courtesy of a Pepco power outage, I booked a room at this HI for one night using my points. Of course, the outage happened on a day when our temperature highs hovered around 5 degrees with a wind chill in the negative. We live down the street and having stayed at this hotel several times over the years, it was nice to find that you could "go home again".
Check-in around 5:30pm was prompt. Staff were not overly-friendly, but since I was frozen, tired after a day of work and just wanted to crash, that was fine by me. Having booked our stay as a freebie, I didn't expect one of the better rooms, but that's what we got! We got a room in the North Tower on the 6th Floor. I kept walking and walking down the hall (usually I request a room closer to elevators, but I was tired and it slipped my mind). We were assigned room 649. What a nice surprise!
Our king-bedded room appeared fresh and was apparently renovated with some nice additions since our last stay back in 2012. Our room came with a fridge and microwave, new drapery, pull-out desk, lots of outlets and a combination sofa/outtoman. To my surprise there was no safe which is always a bummer for a longer stay. With all the electronics travelers take, a safe should be a basic at most hotels IMHO.
What I like about this Holiday Inn:
- Hallways are heated - did I say that I arrived after an hour spent packing an overnight bag in my freezing home?
- Free breakfast (only had toast, tea and fruit but the buffet had all the basics)
- Free and abundant parking
- Easy to locate
- Engaged staff
- Quick elevators
- Helpful gift shop - nice supply of items one might forget to pack
- Affordable food within the hotel - didn't eat at the pub this time but the food there has always been affordable and tasty
I am loyal to the Holiday Inn brand because I like consistency in quality. From one state to the next, I always expect helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms that look and smell fresh. As usual HI delivered. It's nice to know a reliable hotel performer is down the street if another power outage comes our way this Winter.
If you found this review helpful please click "yes" below. Thank you and happy travels!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, located in the heart of the I-270 High Tech Business Corridor northwest from the attractions of Washington, DC. Rockville, Germantown and Frederick are also nearby. IBM, Lockheed Martin, NIST, DOE and Hughes are within minutes of this Gaithersburg hotel, as are the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, Lake Forest Mall, Maryland Soccerplex, BlackRock Center for the Arts, and the Rockville and Cabin John Ice Rinks. The hotel offers free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius, including Rockville Amtrak and Shady Grove Metro stations.Corporate travelers will appreciate this Montgomery County hotel s 301 executive rooms with plenty of work space and extra amenities. All guest rooms feature free wireless & hard-wired high-speed Internet access. You'll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day! Business and leisure travelers alike will enjoy the indoor pool at our hotel. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center with whirlpool and sun patio. Enjoy American cuisine at the Village Park Cafe and Kids Eat Free! When it's time to unwind, O'Malley's Irish Pub is the place to enjoy your favorite beverage and a late night snack. We are also a pet-friendly hotel! Let the staff and outstanding service at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg make your stay a memorable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Holiday Inn