“Quick overnight stop” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
philadelphia, pa
“Quick overnight stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I will preface this review with that I am in the hotel business so I am far harder to impress and I see things that the average traveler no matter how seasoned doesn't notice. With that being said, the warm welcome upon arrival in the cold pouring rain by Barack was a nice touch. Was not expecting someone to come around the barrier to point me to the elevator and to ask if I needed help. Kudos. Check in was quick,friendly and better than expected. The room was clean, even in those behind spaces. The furniture was new, tv had a nice selection of channels. Best part - elevator was ridiculously fast. I know it seems like nothing, but there is really nothing worse than standing in front of the bank of elevators just staring. Did not have breakfast but they look relatively and it smelled good. Good job HI Gaithersburg!

Green Features: was impressed to see recycle bin in my room, really hope people use it correctly.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to share your stay with us.
We are happy to hear that you received a warm welcome from Barack and will be sure to share your comments with him. We appreciate your nice comments about our clean rooms and selection of TV channels we offer and we a glad to know that you found our elevator one of the best parts of your stay. We will be sure to share your review with our team here at the hotel.
Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Rospk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

It happens often that one goes to a hotel or restaurant for the first time and is really impressed. Upon going to this very place the second or third time, somehow you get disappointed.

This is definitely not the case with the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg Maryland. We have been there many times and each time we come back with a very good feeling about our stay.

There are several things that are very important when you stay at a hotel. Not necessarily in priority order, the listing would include: value for price, comfortable and well maintained accommodations, professional service and care, quality food and good location.

In each of these categories the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg not only has met our expectations each time but has exceeded the expectations. Having stayed at other hotels in the area, we are able to make this comparison even better. The cost of the Holiday Inn is always very reasonable and competitive. Some of the hotel in the area charge a hefty daily parking fee as well; the Holiday Inn does not charge for parking.

Our room was great, spacious, nice view, had a microwave and refrigerator. The whole facility was very well maintained.

A number of the staff of the hotel knew us from previous visits and without exception provided us with excellent service. Isidro, the Guest Services Manager, who we likewise knew from previous stays, once again did everything to assure a most pleasant and enjoyable stay.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel this time. The food in the restaurant we ate in was plentiful, fresh and tasty and many choices were provided.

Being close to all the major roads especially the highways shortened our travel time to the various visits to family and friends in the area. Having the mall very close--walking distance, if we wanted was also great.

Room Tip: many choices
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as I was attending a conference nearby, and had a great time. The staff is very welcoming, warm, happy and always ready to give you a hand with anything. I would like to especially mention one of the managers, Mr. Isidro who made sure I was getting the best service at all times.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and Isidro. We will be sure to share your review with him and the staff. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We wish you safe travels and we look forward to your next visit. Thanks again!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I shouldn't like this hotel, really I shouldn't. I've been coming here on an annual business trip since the early 1990s and each time the hosts recommend this HI. I've tried a couple of others in the neighbourhood just to break the routine, the Hilton, Crowne Plaza, but I just keep coming back to this place even though Ive been hee so many times I should be totally fed up with it.

Maybe its familiarity, but I find it does everything you'd expect, or want, and it does it very well. The people are warm and welcoming, the brekkie is the usual HI, its very close to the transport options like 10 minutes from the Metro into the city, just a stone's throw from I270. Lakeforest shopping mall is just across the street so if you have time to kill you can get lost there. The rooms are quite spacious, and I've seen a good many of them. This time I got an upgrade to a kitchenette which was nice, but the "standard" rooms are quite roomy anyway.

I wouldn't use it as a base for a vacation, I'd stay in the city, but for business travelers this hotel is pretty good. See you next year, Holiday Inn Gaithersburg !

Gaithersburg MDaryland, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Nice property at a reasonable rate with plenty of parking, 1 deck on each side and a large main lot in front. Easy access to I-270. Good resturaunt/Pub downstairs and breakfast buffet 6 to 10 on the lobby level. 1st breakfast coupon with 1st nights stay. Rooms are nice with no hallway noise but lots of traffic sounds around AM/PM rush. Great staff, good food and drink, real clean, fast elevators with little if any wait. Special thanks to Cira and Isidro. Our plans continued to change and the staff helped with the changes swiftly with 1 easy call all 4 times and it's not over yet.
Going home for the weekend but comming back again soon. I will definately stay here when I am in town.

Room Tip: I am sure the rooms on the side away from the main road are quieter in the AM if you have the luxury...
Green Features: Recycle containers in the room. Quiet A/C / heat and large windows.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you liked your room, found our staff to be Great, and enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. We will share your nice comments about your stay with Isidro and Cira as well as with the rest of our staff. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you back with us again soon.

Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I don't like to be away from home if I don't have too. That being said, I live in Virginia near Manassas and could have commuted this week. My business partners convinced me to stay here so we would have more productive time on the job. I agreed and I have to say, I'm not disappointed one bit. I was able to relax in the evening in the restaurant, I ate a full breakfast in the mornings in the cafe, there was a fitness center, a pool and hot tub and just as important, my vehicle was secure. The location was easy to get to from where I was working and easy to get back on the road to go home. The staff from all departments were always pleasant . My last night here, I came by the front desk, after a friendly conversation with Cira and Isidro, they asked me how my stay was and I told them I was very happy I decided to stay in town this week. The choice to stay away from my family was hard, but this establishments amenities, the staff and the accommodations was a good choice to have a productive week at my job.

Jim M.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside of the building to avoid the traffic noise.
Green Features: This is important for everyone to participate in. I am happy to see that Holiday Inns and their associates are doing this and encourage their guests to participate as well.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had time to relax. We are also happy that you were able to enjoy our Restaurant and Café and that you found our location to be secure and easy to get to and from where you work.
We will be sure to sure your review with our staff and especially Isidro and Cira. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I scheduled a company meeting at this Holiday Inn. The Board of Directors met a day before the actual meeting. They were very pleased with the timeliness of service, the selection of meals, and the rooms.

When I arrived with six other staff members the next day, we were checked in "without a hitch". The front desk staff treated us very well and they accommodated changes easily. I was very impressed with my room -- had a king bed, very comfortable, clean, spacious, quiet.

We ordered a dinner/reception for our first night with 50 guests. The food was AWESOME. The wait staff, hotel manager, banquet manager, and presentation of the food was equally as great.

I also had the opportunity to visit O'Malley's, their pub and restaurant. The manager made it a point to know your name and was able to recall it the next day. The bartenders, though new, were friendly and very competent.

In my opinion, I always viewed Holiday Inn as an "okay" hotel. I did not expect that it would be as comfortable as a 5-star hotel. Thanks to Barack, Mauricio, Sam, Syed, Kristi, Pamela, our meeting was a wonderful success! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review and your nice comments about our service, meals and our comfortable, clean rooms. We will be sure to share your review with our front desk, Banquet Manager, wait staff and our Chef as well as Barack, Mauricio, Sam, Syed, Kristi, Pam and the rest of our Hotel TEAM! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Melvin Nichols

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!