I shouldn't like this hotel, really I shouldn't. I've been coming here on an annual business trip since the early 1990s and each time the hosts recommend this HI. I've tried a couple of others in the neighbourhood just to break the routine, the Hilton, Crowne Plaza, but I just keep coming back to this place even though Ive been hee so many times I should be totally fed up with it.
Maybe its familiarity, but I find it does everything you'd expect, or want, and it does it very well. The people are warm and welcoming, the brekkie is the usual HI, its very close to the transport options like 10 minutes from the Metro into the city, just a stone's throw from I270. Lakeforest shopping mall is just across the street so if you have time to kill you can get lost there. The rooms are quite spacious, and I've seen a good many of them. This time I got an upgrade to a kitchenette which was nice, but the "standard" rooms are quite roomy anyway.
I wouldn't use it as a base for a vacation, I'd stay in the city, but for business travelers this hotel is pretty good. See you next year, Holiday Inn Gaithersburg !
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel
- Gaithersburg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, located in the heart of the I-270 High Tech Business Corridor northwest from the attractions of Washington, DC. Rockville, Germantown and Frederick are also nearby. IBM, Lockheed Martin, NIST, DOE and Hughes are within minutes of this Gaithersburg hotel, as are the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, Lake Forest Mall, Maryland Soccerplex, BlackRock Center for the Arts, and the Rockville and Cabin John Ice Rinks. The hotel offers free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius, including Rockville Amtrak and Shady Grove Metro stations.Corporate travelers will appreciate this Montgomery County hotel s 301 executive rooms with plenty of work space and extra amenities. All guest rooms feature free wireless & hard-wired high-speed Internet access. You'll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day! Business and leisure travelers alike will enjoy the indoor pool at our hotel. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center with whirlpool and sun patio. Enjoy American cuisine at the Village Park Cafe and Kids Eat Free! When it's time to unwind, O'Malley's Irish Pub is the place to enjoy your favorite beverage and a late night snack. We are also a pet-friendly hotel! Let the staff and outstanding service at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg make your stay a memorable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.