“In town on business at the airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Gaithersburg MDaryland, USA
“In town on business at the airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Nice property at a reasonable rate with plenty of parking, 1 deck on each side and a large main lot in front. Easy access to I-270. Good resturaunt/Pub downstairs and breakfast buffet 6 to 10 on the lobby level. 1st breakfast coupon with 1st nights stay. Rooms are nice with no hallway noise but lots of traffic sounds around AM/PM rush. Great staff, good food and drink, real clean, fast elevators with little if any wait. Special thanks to Cira and Isidro. Our plans continued to change and the staff helped with the changes swiftly with 1 easy call all 4 times and it's not over yet.
Going home for the weekend but comming back again soon. I will definately stay here when I am in town.

Room Tip: I am sure the rooms on the side away from the main road are quieter in the AM if you have the luxury...
Green Features: Recycle containers in the room. Quiet A/C / heat and large windows.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. We are happy to hear that you liked your room, found our staff to be Great, and enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. We will share your nice comments about your stay with Isidro and Cira as well as with the rest of our staff. We wish you safe travels and hope to see you back with us again soon.

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I don't like to be away from home if I don't have too. That being said, I live in Virginia near Manassas and could have commuted this week. My business partners convinced me to stay here so we would have more productive time on the job. I agreed and I have to say, I'm not disappointed one bit. I was able to relax in the evening in the restaurant, I ate a full breakfast in the mornings in the cafe, there was a fitness center, a pool and hot tub and just as important, my vehicle was secure. The location was easy to get to from where I was working and easy to get back on the road to go home. The staff from all departments were always pleasant . My last night here, I came by the front desk, after a friendly conversation with Cira and Isidro, they asked me how my stay was and I told them I was very happy I decided to stay in town this week. The choice to stay away from my family was hard, but this establishments amenities, the staff and the accommodations was a good choice to have a productive week at my job.

Jim M.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the backside of the building to avoid the traffic noise.
Green Features: This is important for everyone to participate in. I am happy to see that Holiday Inns and their associates are doing this and encourage their guests to participate as well.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had time to relax. We are also happy that you were able to enjoy our Restaurant and Café and that you found our location to be secure and easy to get to and from where you work.
We will be sure to sure your review with our staff and especially Isidro and Cira. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I scheduled a company meeting at this Holiday Inn. The Board of Directors met a day before the actual meeting. They were very pleased with the timeliness of service, the selection of meals, and the rooms.

When I arrived with six other staff members the next day, we were checked in "without a hitch". The front desk staff treated us very well and they accommodated changes easily. I was very impressed with my room -- had a king bed, very comfortable, clean, spacious, quiet.

We ordered a dinner/reception for our first night with 50 guests. The food was AWESOME. The wait staff, hotel manager, banquet manager, and presentation of the food was equally as great.

I also had the opportunity to visit O'Malley's, their pub and restaurant. The manager made it a point to know your name and was able to recall it the next day. The bartenders, though new, were friendly and very competent.

In my opinion, I always viewed Holiday Inn as an "okay" hotel. I did not expect that it would be as comfortable as a 5-star hotel. Thanks to Barack, Mauricio, Sam, Syed, Kristi, Pamela, our meeting was a wonderful success! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review and your nice comments about our service, meals and our comfortable, clean rooms. We will be sure to share your review with our front desk, Banquet Manager, wait staff and our Chef as well as Barack, Mauricio, Sam, Syed, Kristi, Pam and the rest of our Hotel TEAM! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Laurel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was very nice as it looked to have been recently renovated. It was very large with a cafe available for breakfast and lunch. I tried the breakfast bar as I received a free coupon and it was your average hotel breakfast. Everything was okay except for the eggs being a bit runny and the french toast sticks were hard. They also have a bar/restaurant available for dinner. I had wings and potatoe skins and again the food was just okay. The cocktail I received was light on the alcohol. With just okay food available at the hotel I decided to eat elsewhere for the remaining days of my stay. The room was clean and spacious enough for one person. I liked the shower as it had an adjustable shower head. There were plenty of channels available to watch, however, the TV kept freezing. Not sure if that was due to a satellite connection or something else. When I first arrived I went down to checkout the gym was quite impressed. Unfortunately, when I returned to actually workout the room smelled of sewage, which I couldn't take so I had to cut my workout short. This a busy hotel, as when I was there everyday there seemed to be some type of conference/meeting going on. But there was always plenty of parking spaces available. There was quite of bit of noise, I could hear banging from the nearby rooms, and in the hallway. The noise from the hallway was probably due to my room being right off the elevator. The staff was nice and if in the area again I would definitely consider staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not hear the elevator.
Green Features: The practices are much like other hotels, asking guests to reuse towels and not have bedding changed frequently, turn off lights and tv when not in use, etc.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We apologize for the shortfall during your recent stay with us. We have taken note of your comments about the breakfast and the bar/restaurant and will use them to improve the quality of service we offer to our guest. We appreciate your nice comments about our clean and spacious rooms and the shower head. We are also happy to hear you found our hotel to have plenty of parking as well and that you found our staff to be friendly. Rest assured, we will address your issues and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences .We look forward to your next visit.

Orange, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was in town with our wheelchair basketball team for a tournament. The hotel accomodated several teams. Heard no complaints from anyone about rooms so all must have been good. Room was clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was courteous and helpful. Team paid for rooms so not sure on price/value but location was good for us as it was close to 270, which was how we got to the gym. We received a small goody bag upon check-in with a bottle of water, apple, and bag of chips.....a nice surprise and treat. Good stay this time and would stay again....definitely for next year's tourney if not sooner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I chose this hotel as the best value around for the area I was visiting, and so this was my 3rd or 4th stay. I was in the South wing last time (March this year) and returned for a 5 night stay in October, this time in the newly refurbished north wing. They have done a nice job and the room is exceptionally good for the rating. New TV, new carpets, better beds - all good stuff, so try and stay in the north wing until the south catches up. There must be a shortage of good plumbers in the area, as the taps still leak where they join walls or fittings, but everything else is good and this is not a serious problem. The toilet flush is also mighty powerful now - gone is the proneness to blockages, which was a regular occurrence, and probably still is in the other wing. The biggest improvement is the air conditioning. It works and it is quiet, which could not be said before the re-furb. If you are in the Priority Club (now the ICH Members; club) there as been a cut back on benefits. I have had complimentary breakfast vouchers every day and one free bar drink per visit. Now it is either one free bar drink or one complimentary breakfast voucher. This effectively adds $15 a day to the bill, after day one. The staff are good and helpful and everyone is doing their best, except maybe the plumbers!

Room Tip: Get a room in the refurbished wing, not the old one
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and for being an IHG Rewards Member.We are happy to hear the accommodations were the highlight of your stay. I have shared your nice comments about our good and helpful staff with our team.I have already spent time with our managers and team to address your concerns. We wish you safe travels and look forward to your next visit.

Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

As always, Isidro, the Guest Service Manager, welcomed me as soon as I passed through the doors. And, as always, he ensured that my room and visit would be my home away from home. This location is always very busy, yet Isidro and this team are always courteous and professional and ensure my return stays by their stellar customer service, and genuine caring for road warriors like me. Thanks again to the Gaithersburg team!

Room Tip: Just ask. This team will accommodate you as best as they can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel and thank you for your nice comments about Isidro.We will be sure to share your review with him and the rest of the team.
We wish you safe travels and we look forward to your next visit.

Melvin Nichols

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!