I chose this hotel as the best value around for the area I was visiting, and so this was my 3rd or 4th stay. I was in the South wing last time (March this year) and returned for a 5 night stay in October, this time in the newly refurbished north wing. They have done a nice job and the room is exceptionally good for the rating. New TV, new carpets, better beds - all good stuff, so try and stay in the north wing until the south catches up. There must be a shortage of good plumbers in the area, as the taps still leak where they join walls or fittings, but everything else is good and this is not a serious problem. The toilet flush is also mighty powerful now - gone is the proneness to blockages, which was a regular occurrence, and probably still is in the other wing. The biggest improvement is the air conditioning. It works and it is quiet, which could not be said before the re-furb. If you are in the Priority Club (now the ICH Members; club) there as been a cut back on benefits. I have had complimentary breakfast vouchers every day and one free bar drink per visit. Now it is either one free bar drink or one complimentary breakfast voucher. This effectively adds $15 a day to the bill, after day one. The staff are good and helpful and everyone is doing their best, except maybe the plumbers!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, located in the heart of the I-270 High Tech Business Corridor northwest from the attractions of Washington, DC. Rockville, Germantown and Frederick are also nearby. IBM, Lockheed Martin, NIST, DOE and Hughes are within minutes of this Gaithersburg hotel, as are the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, Lake Forest Mall, Maryland Soccerplex, BlackRock Center for the Arts, and the Rockville and Cabin John Ice Rinks. The hotel offers free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius, including Rockville Amtrak and Shady Grove Metro stations.Corporate travelers will appreciate this Montgomery County hotel s 301 executive rooms with plenty of work space and extra amenities. All guest rooms feature free wireless & hard-wired high-speed Internet access. You'll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day! Business and leisure travelers alike will enjoy the indoor pool at our hotel. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center with whirlpool and sun patio. Enjoy American cuisine at the Village Park Cafe and Kids Eat Free! When it's time to unwind, O'Malley's Irish Pub is the place to enjoy your favorite beverage and a late night snack. We are also a pet-friendly hotel! Let the staff and outstanding service at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg make your stay a memorable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.