“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey, USA
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Inn is located just off exit 11 of I-270 on MD 124 N. It was very easy to find and is centrally located to use as a base to explore the surrounding area. We did not use the restaurant facilities because of our schedule. We did find the staff both helpful and courteous. The room was clean. The only negitive was that the ice machine on our floor was not working during our stay (3 nights).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for sharing your nice comments about our helpful and courteous staff as well as our clean rooms. Sorry about the ice machine being down unfortunately the part was on order and for that I appologize. We look forward to your next visit!

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Another excellent experience at this Holiday Inn. Great staff. Thanks to all of you!!!!! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in this geographical area. Also, the bartender (Richard?) is truly a professional. The restaurant was busy, so I ordered dinner at the bar which also was full. He didn't miss a beat, no one had to wait. He performed the way a professional bartender should - always looking at customers while working to ensure they don't have to wait. Great job all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hotel restaurant, O'Malleys, was a horrible restaurant. Slow service & below average food. Hotel & rooms were average. Room was kind of dingy. Room never had enough towels. Liked the bedding though. Pool area had a strong chemical smell & irritated the kids' eyes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We apologize for the shortfall during your recent stay with us. We have taken note of your comments and will use them to improve the quality of service we offer to our guest.
Rest assured, we will address this and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.
We hope you will give us a chance in future.

Safe travels!
Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Check in process was easy, even though they didn't know I was a priority club member at first (although I booked it on the priority club site with my number). The room was well used; although still fully functional; just looked worn. Beds and pillows were perfect. I was a bit taken back that my booked meeting room was on the 8th floor, but later found out that there was another large group in the main conference rooms that obviously took first priority since I never really talked with anyone and had to ask for my board room to be opened and had to wait for it to be setup a few minutes before my meeting started. There was also a few large groups with about 7 buses between them staying at the hotel, which slowed everything down and made everything busy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize for the delay in having your meeting room open. I have addressed that with the Department Head. I would like to thank you for being a Priority Club Member and wish you safe travels. We look forward to serving you in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while in town for a wedding. The hotel is very easy to find. Upon check in, the staff was very friendly, and helpful. When I originally made the reservation, it was supposed to be for two nights, but for some reason, they only had us down for one night. They were able to add the second night, and gave us a discount for staying with the wedding party (originally the discount was only for the first night). The hotel and rooms were very clean. We had a King size bed which was actually very comfortable. the rooms were not anything out of the ordinary. I think the only complaint I had about the rooms were how noisy the air conditioning units were. I know a couple of other guests with the wedding said theirs was very loud as well.
We had breakfast at the restaurant which was pretty good. They had a breakfast buffet which was a little on the small, side selection wise and a little overpriced, but it was decent tasting food. The bar they had at the hotel wasn't open until 4, so we didn't spend much time there, but the staff did keep it open a little later to accommodate the wedding party for the rehearsal and after the wedding itself. It would have been nice if they were open a little earlier for lunch by the pool.
Overall, we had a very nice time, and if your in the area, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

They went above and beyond to make my stay great. Anytime I came from the Metro they pick me up. I was given a complimentary welcome basket. They had a really good breakfast buffet in the morning time. They have a different breakfast every morning. They always greeted me with a smile. I want to thank all of their employees for going above and beyond to make my stay great.

• Stayed May 2013
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments and the review of our hotel. We will be sure to share your comment about our Breakfast Buffet with our Chef. We will also share your review with our entire team here at the hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future and wish you all the best!

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The rates are fair so I didn't have high expectations. The staff were courteous, particularly when I locked myself out of my room and had to go downstairs (6 floors) into a crowded reception dressed entirely inappropriately to ask for a spare key! I had booked a standard room and was given a kingsize which was great. It seemed to have been recently refurbished with contemporary furnishings; very neat. A fridge and microwave were included. There were no plugs at the desk which meant I had to work on my bed in order to charge my laptop as this was the only place I could find a power outlet. On the first day, housekeeping arrived at 3:30pm to clean the room, just as I returned from work. I asked if they could return a half hour later but I was advised that she was going off duty and it wouldn't be possible. The Irish restaurant closed at 1:15pm on Sunday as I walked in to have a meal. It is within walking distance to the large Lake Forest Mall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel and the nice comment about our courteous staff. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

Melvin Nichols

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!