“Great place with great staff.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great place with great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while in town for a wedding. The hotel is very easy to find. Upon check in, the staff was very friendly, and helpful. When I originally made the reservation, it was supposed to be for two nights, but for some reason, they only had us down for one night. They were able to add the second night, and gave us a discount for staying with the wedding party (originally the discount was only for the first night). The hotel and rooms were very clean. We had a King size bed which was actually very comfortable. the rooms were not anything out of the ordinary. I think the only complaint I had about the rooms were how noisy the air conditioning units were. I know a couple of other guests with the wedding said theirs was very loud as well.
We had breakfast at the restaurant which was pretty good. They had a breakfast buffet which was a little on the small, side selection wise and a little overpriced, but it was decent tasting food. The bar they had at the hotel wasn't open until 4, so we didn't spend much time there, but the staff did keep it open a little later to accommodate the wedding party for the rehearsal and after the wedding itself. It would have been nice if they were open a little earlier for lunch by the pool.
Overall, we had a very nice time, and if your in the area, I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

They went above and beyond to make my stay great. Anytime I came from the Metro they pick me up. I was given a complimentary welcome basket. They had a really good breakfast buffet in the morning time. They have a different breakfast every morning. They always greeted me with a smile. I want to thank all of their employees for going above and beyond to make my stay great.

• Stayed May 2013
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments and the review of our hotel. We will be sure to share your comment about our Breakfast Buffet with our Chef. We will also share your review with our entire team here at the hotel. We look forward to serving you in the future and wish you all the best!

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The rates are fair so I didn't have high expectations. The staff were courteous, particularly when I locked myself out of my room and had to go downstairs (6 floors) into a crowded reception dressed entirely inappropriately to ask for a spare key! I had booked a standard room and was given a kingsize which was great. It seemed to have been recently refurbished with contemporary furnishings; very neat. A fridge and microwave were included. There were no plugs at the desk which meant I had to work on my bed in order to charge my laptop as this was the only place I could find a power outlet. On the first day, housekeeping arrived at 3:30pm to clean the room, just as I returned from work. I asked if they could return a half hour later but I was advised that she was going off duty and it wouldn't be possible. The Irish restaurant closed at 1:15pm on Sunday as I walked in to have a meal. It is within walking distance to the large Lake Forest Mall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our hotel and the nice comment about our courteous staff. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The staff at the hotel is very nice. I have stayed here several times for work events. Rooms are pretty much what you would expect but most recently our room had a strange smell to it. The bar/restaurant serves pretty good food and occasionally has more lively evenings. The indoor pool area is nice and has a tropical vibe. It is a convenient commute if you don't want to stay in Washington DC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with our Director of Housekeeping. Thank you for your nice comments about our indoor pool and the commute! We will be sure to pass along your comments about the food to our Chef. Thanks again and safe travels!

Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was in Maryland on a 5 day business trip and was very satisfied with my stay at this Holiday Inn. The staff was very helpful, the restaurant on the lower level was very convenient and the food was good. There is an indoor pool and exercise facility there too. I will be staying at this hotel any time I can in the future.

Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I would like to recognized some of the wonderful staff that made my stay here the BEST! Isidro Alberto, Julissa who does a wonderful job blocking rooms. George and Barack. Front Desk: Cira, Katherinne, Ayoola, Syed, Vanessa Alaina, Shirley, Collins Syed. At night Raymond and Charles. Banquet Staff. Orville, Allan, and Hilda, Anselica & Trudy. Mauricio demostrate great work ethics and not that the others do not. Melvin Nichols you have gold in these people. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your compliments of our staff and we will be sure to share them with everyone you have taken the time to recognized. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you in the future!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is top notch. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are great, but the really truly greatest asset this hotel has is the staff. Everyone bent over backwards to make me feel comfortable. They were incredibly friendly and it was a great stay. I'm in the area relatively frequently, and I wont be staying anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!