“Good business stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Richmond, Virginia
“Good business stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The rooms were well proportioned, very well maintained, clean and attention to details were noted by the cleaning staff. I enjoyed the upgraded on shampoo and lotion, not the typical
Five and Dime experience. The location was conveinent to the interstate. The breakfast was hot, and had a large selection of fresh fruit, juices, cereals, yogurt, etc. Sign up for Holiday Inn
frequent traveler and receive upgrades, ie, king bed, breakfast,etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear W0nderfulLife,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to provide us with the details of your stay. I am very pleased you had an enjoyable stay and were happy with our amenities and our location! I will be sure to share your nice comments about breakfast with our Chef! We wish you safe travels and look forward to your next visit!

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a nice quite hotel.I stayed there for 1 night during out visit to Washington.Its a clean,quiet hotel.However there is no breakfast provided.The staff and front desk was polite and co-operative.

Room Tip: Try to take room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We originally booked for New Year's Eve, but my husband was sick with the flu so we rescheduled for the following wknd. We got the heart to heart special and it was wonderful!! We actually live in the area, but felt like we had been away for the wknd, even though we only spent one night. The check in was great and the manager on duty- Georges Duncan (?) was quite pleasant. When we arrived at our room, there was a bottle of chilled champagne, wrapped glasses and chocolate (part of the pkg). The shower was wonderful! Although I wish they had kept in the fan in the bathroom- not a big deal just a mention. The front desk called to make sure that our room was ok. Finally- room service was absolutely delicious!! Nice, big portions! The breakfast was good with a nice variety. We definitely plan on staying here again for a budget friendly staycation!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us sorry to hear that your husband was sick with the flu but happy to hear that you were able to reschedule your visit! I will be sure to pass along your nice comments to George as well as the front desk team.The Chef will be happy to hear that you enjoyed both breakfast and room service I am sure! Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward to serving you in the future!

New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times since Nov. 2012. The service has been great. The people working there are friendly and very knowledgeable of the area. I would recommend if in the DC area. O’Malley’s Pub has great food. The breakfast buffet was great for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night in December 2012 for an office Christmas Party. By the time I woke up the next morning I had red bug bites all over my body. I requested acopy the last bed bug inspection report and confirmation of an inspection of the room in which I stayed. Needles to say...I haven't received it to this day. I also spoke with the insurance company for the hotel, provided pictures of my bites, as well as a list of all the items which had to be replaced. My claim has been pending for weeks and I haven't heard a thing.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello, Janine M –

First and foremost, I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing top-notch experiences for our guests, so I assure you that your review will be thoroughly addressed.
As you know, you and I did not get a chance to speak in person at the hotel; I only spoke to your sister, so unfortunately I didn’t get an opportunity to see the bites. However, per our conversation, we had Steritech, one of the industry’s most prominent pest control providers, conduct an inspection of your guest room on December 20th (three days after you checked out) and I am relieved to say that there were no signs of bedbugs.
As I mentioned to your sister when we spoke at the hotel, the inspection results from the report were sent directly to the insurance company.
Regardless, please know that I am extremely regretful that you didn’t have a good experience at our hotel. I assure you that we take the matter of bedbugs extremely seriously, so when there is any type of bedbug claim we take thorough measures to ensure that our beds are clean and bedbug-free.
If there is anything we can do for you, or if you would like to discuss this in person, please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Sterling, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel could easily charge double what we paid ($70 with discount). We were greeted by friendly front desk staff and given complimentary snacks and bottled water. Our dogs were welcome here. I am a Priority Club member so we were given free passes to the breakfast buffet ($24 value). They keep a pool attendant/lifeguard on duty so the pool is clean and as warm as bath water. We stayed to attend a New Year's Eve party and had a blast. The breakfast is above average for hotel buffets and the waitress (Maria) was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Book in advance and compare prices for various discounts (i.e., AAA, Senior, Govt/Military, Entertai...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am particularly appreciative of your comments about our friendly front desk staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the New years Eve Party and were able to experience the pool as well. I will be sure to pass along your nice comments about breakfast to Maria! Thank you again for your comments and continued loyalty as a Priority Club Member.

Safe travels,
Gaithersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Didn't stay at the hotel, but did visit the pub on the bottom floor. It's next to the pool, but has no direct access to pool area. Very inviting environment- it looks like what I picture a British pub looking like. Not crowded at all, which is nice. Service is very quick and the wings are great!! There are TVs at every booth along the walls and 3 at the bar. Since its in a hotel, there are fans of many different teams. Lighting is low and makes it cozy. This may be my favorite new sports bar!! Prices are reasonable too!!

Stayed December 2012
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your review of our O'Malley's Pub. We are happy to hear your compliments and will be sure to share them with our TEAM.
We look forward to serving you in the future. Thanks again and safe travels!

Melvin Nichols

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!