“If you like tarragon....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer!
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
GreenLeadersGold level
Brighton, UK
“If you like tarragon....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

.... you'll love the Chicken Monterey dish in the Village Park Café. Great dish. Great value. And the very attentive staff just added to a great meal. By the way, I didn't stay in the hotel, I just used the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Barry K 1953,

Thank you very much for your review of our Chicken Monterey I will be sure to share your review with the Chef and wait staff in the Village Park Cafe. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the meal.
Thanks again and we look for ward to your next visit.
The Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Customer service was outstanding! Waitstaff went above and beyond to make it a home away from home experience. Shuttle service made not having a vehicle a nonissue. Food was excellent, and O'malleys bar downstairs provided access to lunch and dinners choice as well as having several big screen TVs to watch. Overall, a pleasing hotel experience.

Room Tip: Rooms in tower came with mini fridge and microwave combo. Nice to have in room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Randal S,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and Team on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel and Team to be outstanding during your recent stay. I will be sure to past along your nice words to the Team and the Chef as well. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.
Safe Travels
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the "HIG" for 2 weeks and was made to feel very welcome from the first day to the last. The staff were extremely respectful and attentive. I learned that the chef is new to the hotel when I raved about the dinner, it was excellent every night. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: 7th floor of South Tower has the laundry facilities.
Ben B,
Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and your stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was here attending a two week course for work. The service was impeccable and the food was great. O'Malley's, the downstairs bar/restaurant was also a great time and had great food and service. I cannot say enough good things about this particular hotel. The staff will go well out of their way to help you in any way they can.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Chris F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and Staff on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the nice comments and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

First, a well done to Front Desk Manager Isidro Alberto. He has a welcoming, customer service mindset that puts customers first. A well done is also in order for Bahar at the front desk. She has been ever pleasant and accommodating. I talked with a number of other guests who gave glowing marks to the hotel staff. People notice if you care about what you're doing!!!
First impression is a clean, well maintained and landscaped property. There is a carport so unloading can be accomplished in the rain without getting wet. Parking in front is adequate and there is a huge integral parking garage for hotel guests only with direct access to the hotel. No searching for a hotel entrance from the garage.
Checking in was effortless. Priority Club members get a small swag bag when checking in, a coupon for free breakfast or bar drink and the free wireless high speed code (for everyone, not just PC members), all without asking for it. Using internet was painless and I have an ancient machine.
Restaurant, bar, and convenience shop all centrally located, no searching. Breakfast, only meal I had there was buffet style or could order off the menu. Notable on the buffet on the day I was there (a Friday morning) was poached eggs with creamed spinach on a toasted English muffin. Very good for a breakfast buffet. Rest of buffet was standard scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with peppers/onions, make-your-own-waffles, pancakes, crepes, cold cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juice, bacon, sausage, choc milk, skim-1%-whole milk, breakfast pastries. Very nice indoor pool area. Didn't use fitness facilities this time, but have before. There is a universal-type weight machine, dumbells, some yoga mats, (and I think) 3 treadmills and a bicycle. All seemed to function well.

Room was a king with a wrap around sofa along the wall. Small in room fridge, 30+ inch flatscreen, iron and board, coffee maker. Bathroom was nice imho with a marble (or marble-ish, couldn't tell) countertop. Shower had a 3+ inch head with excellent water pressure and good temperature control. The shower curtains are intentionally bowed out away from the shower so that you're not always rubbing up against them while you're showering and it effectively makes the shower bigger. Bathrooms were spotless, no leftover hair or genral skankiness. Only issue I have with the bathrooms is the water saving toilets which certainly have generous flushing power, but use so little water that you sometimes have to flush 3 or 4 times to get the job done.
The bed was very nice and the AC controls worked well. I generally travel sans spouse yet the bed was so comfortable that I woke up at one point wondering where she was. That has never happened to me before. There are blackout blinds; I note this because I have been in other hotels where this is not the case and you can't keep the morning light out of your room. The rooms were clean and well maintained.
Your bill is put under the door during the night and a USA Today outside your door when you come out.
Overall, as another reviewer has said, not overly fancy but certainly well done. Great value.
- Edwards

Room Tip: At least a few king bed rooms have wrap around sofas which make the room seem very large.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear phsinv,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and services on TripAdvisor and thank you for your nice comments about Isidro Alberto and Bahar. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to serving you in the future.
All the best!
Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Sept. 15th in a newly renovated room, #749. This was my 3rd stay at this hotel since Jan. 2012 and has been my hotel of choice when in the area for several years.

We checked in around 9 pm and were given a King bed room on the renovated 7th floor. The room is extremely modern in style. Though it wasn't my taste it was fine.

But when I sat on the bed which looked lower than the rooms we have stayed in, I could tell that it was too hard for me.
I called and asked if we could switch rooms but was told that all the rooms were like that. I requested extra blankets so I could make my own "pillow-top". Two comforters were brought and I laid on top of them. It helped somewhat but I still wasn't comfortable. I had already brought my own pillow because theirs are on the small side and not comfortable to me.

When I checked out the next morning I asked about the renovation and was told that not all the rooms have been renovated.

So now I will be considering other hotels like the Hilton in Gaithersburg for future stays.

I have been staying at this Holiday Inn for several years because of its location and because they treat Priority Club members well. They give you a bag with water and pretzels when you arrive. They also give a choice of 2 drinks coupons for the night of your arrival or 2 breakfast coupons. So I hate to leave, but hard beds are 1 thing that I cannot live with.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear jopril,
I am sorry to hear that during your lastest stay you had a hard bed. I would like to personally apologise and ask before considering another hotel would you be kind enough to contact me. I may be reached at 301-948-8900. I would like to discuss some options with you when visit again in the near future.Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Had a great stay, Mr. Alberto the Manager went out of the way to help me with personal issues that I needed help with.

The food at the cafe is surprisingly very good, they have a new chef, and I got to meet him, very nice gentleman.

Overall I would recommend friend and family to stay at this holiday inn

Room Tip: The laundry room is on the 7th floor on the side of the hotel that has 8 floors. Room 830 has a fri...
Hi George C,
Thank you for your nice comments about Mr. Alberto and our Cafe. I am happy to hear that you had the opportinity to meet the Chef. We wish you safe travels and look forward to serving you in the future!
Thanks again!
The Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Team

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!