First, a well done to Front Desk Manager Isidro Alberto. He has a welcoming, customer service mindset that puts customers first. A well done is also in order for Bahar at the front desk. She has been ever pleasant and accommodating. I talked with a number of other guests who gave glowing marks to the hotel staff. People notice if you care about what you're doing!!!
First impression is a clean, well maintained and landscaped property. There is a carport so unloading can be accomplished in the rain without getting wet. Parking in front is adequate and there is a huge integral parking garage for hotel guests only with direct access to the hotel. No searching for a hotel entrance from the garage.
Checking in was effortless. Priority Club members get a small swag bag when checking in, a coupon for free breakfast or bar drink and the free wireless high speed code (for everyone, not just PC members), all without asking for it. Using internet was painless and I have an ancient machine.
Restaurant, bar, and convenience shop all centrally located, no searching. Breakfast, only meal I had there was buffet style or could order off the menu. Notable on the buffet on the day I was there (a Friday morning) was poached eggs with creamed spinach on a toasted English muffin. Very good for a breakfast buffet. Rest of buffet was standard scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with peppers/onions, make-your-own-waffles, pancakes, crepes, cold cereal, oatmeal, fruit, juice, bacon, sausage, choc milk, skim-1%-whole milk, breakfast pastries. Very nice indoor pool area. Didn't use fitness facilities this time, but have before. There is a universal-type weight machine, dumbells, some yoga mats, (and I think) 3 treadmills and a bicycle. All seemed to function well.
Room was a king with a wrap around sofa along the wall. Small in room fridge, 30+ inch flatscreen, iron and board, coffee maker. Bathroom was nice imho with a marble (or marble-ish, couldn't tell) countertop. Shower had a 3+ inch head with excellent water pressure and good temperature control. The shower curtains are intentionally bowed out away from the shower so that you're not always rubbing up against them while you're showering and it effectively makes the shower bigger. Bathrooms were spotless, no leftover hair or genral skankiness. Only issue I have with the bathrooms is the water saving toilets which certainly have generous flushing power, but use so little water that you sometimes have to flush 3 or 4 times to get the job done.
The bed was very nice and the AC controls worked well. I generally travel sans spouse yet the bed was so comfortable that I woke up at one point wondering where she was. That has never happened to me before. There are blackout blinds; I note this because I have been in other hotels where this is not the case and you can't keep the morning light out of your room. The rooms were clean and well maintained.
Your bill is put under the door during the night and a USA Today outside your door when you come out.
Overall, as another reviewer has said, not overly fancy but certainly well done. Great value.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel
- Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, located in the heart of the I-270 High Tech Business Corridor northwest from the attractions of Washington, DC. Rockville, Germantown and Frederick are also nearby. IBM, Lockheed Martin, NIST, DOE and Hughes are within minutes of this Gaithersburg hotel, as are the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, Lake Forest Mall, Maryland Soccerplex, BlackRock Center for the Arts, and the Rockville and Cabin John Ice Rinks. The hotel offers free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius, including Rockville Amtrak and Shady Grove Metro stations.Corporate travelers will appreciate this Montgomery County hotel s 301 executive rooms with plenty of work space and extra amenities. All guest rooms feature free wireless & hard-wired high-speed Internet access. You'll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day! Business and leisure travelers alike will enjoy the indoor pool at our hotel. Maintain your exercise regimen in our fitness center with whirlpool and sun patio. Enjoy American cuisine at the Village Park Cafe and Kids Eat Free! When it's time to unwind, O'Malley's Irish Pub is the place to enjoy your favorite beverage and a late night snack. We are also a pet-friendly hotel! Let the staff and outstanding service at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg make your stay a memorable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.