“One Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Gaithersburg

You added Holiday Inn Gaithersburg to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Montgomery Village Ave, Intersection of Rte 355 & Montgomery, Gaithersburg, MD 20879   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersGold level
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“One Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg, MD for over a year and a half now. The hotel in extremely clean and my stay continues to be great! I have met so many of the staff thats they are like friends to me now. Any time I have even the slightest of issues, they are quick to respond to any need. Isidro (front desk), Alan (catering), Rich (O'Malley's), Manuel (room service) and Cheryl (comptroller) have been wonderful during the course of my stay! I would highly recommend this hotel to my colleagues and friends...and I have! Thank you Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg, MD. You are one great hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear John G,
We are so happy to have you as a loyal guest of the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg! Our team works hard on accommodating each guest any way possible and are pleased to hear that we are able to work quickly and solve the slightest of issues. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Holiday Inn Gaithersburg team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stay at the Gaithersburg Holiday Inn a few times a year for craft weekends with girlfriends and since the hotel renovation a couple years ago, I’ve generally been pleased. I’ve had run-ins with one particular front desk staffer a few times (most unpleasant person and I often wonder why he still works there), but for the most part staff are usually pleasant and on-the-ball.

I’ll call this trip the “drip trip”. I was able to check-in a little early which was great and received my little Priority Club gift bag with water and apple (always a nice touch). I was also pleased with my room’s location on the 8th floor, really close to the elevators with no elevator noise. I was between a meeting room and another room, but I heard nary a sound from either room.

Anyway, once I entered my room I noticed I had a leaky sink (with a slow drain) and a leaky toilet, but since I liked the room’s location, I let it slide. You couldn’t spend a minute in the bathroom and not realize there was a leak, so I wondered if the maid who cleaned my room prior to or during my stay ever mentioned it to the appropriate housekeeping staff. As a hotel that prides itself on “being green”, I did bring it to the attention of the staff member who handled my check-out. My room had all the basics but my tub definitely needs a re-glaze as it was rusted near the drain. As I said, my room location was fine (and I didn’t want anyone in my room while I was not there), so I didn’t ask to be moved or anything, but IMHO the hotel is showing its age.

I ate at the pub twice (dinner on Friday and dinner on Saturday). I had the Thai Cobb Salad on Friday night – it was OK, loved the dressing though. That night I picked up from the restaurant and ate in my room. On Saturday I ate at the restaurant – had the ranch burger which was fine and done the way I like my meat – i.e. well-done. Service was OK.

I had breakfast on Saturday morning since it was free (I’m a priority club member). The buffet had the usual – pancakes, biscuits & gravy, sausage, bacon, fruit, yogurt, juices, milk – and a new addition, oatmeal with toppings.

Kudos to the hotel for its continued provision of a real gift shop. So few hotels have one lately, and the ones that do, have a tiny room with almost nothing. This is a true gift shop with souvenirs, drinks, candy etc. I realized early Saturday that I was missing an essential personal item and to my surprise, found what I needed at an affordable price. I even got service with a smile.

All in all, not a bad stay. This HI continues to be a solid performer with few frills beyond the basics. No real surprises.

Room Tip: South rooms and higher floors are quieter. There's a (somewhat busy) fire station across the str...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Hello trinigirlmd,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, Holiday Inn Gaithersburg! That’s great that you see the benefits of being a Priority Club Member as we encourage all our guests to be one. We are pleased to hear that you are one of our loyal, returning guests at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg because our staff works very hard to make each guest feel welcome and do our best to accommodate in any way possible.
We hope that next time you craft weekends with girlfriends you choose to stay with us!
Looking forward to serving you again!
Grasonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

During my search for a hotel in the area, and one that is affordable and has a restaurant on property, I found the Holiday Inn. Upon arrival I was met by Isidro Alberto at the front desk who is a professional person in all manners. He will go above and beyond to answer questions, help you locate near by establishments and even contact you after check in to see if all accomodations meet your needs. After I stayed for a few occasions, I was surprised to be greated by name when checking in to this Hotel. While other hotels are close by to my work, I will continue to stay at this establishment since the staff is very personal and makes your stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask if the south tower is available since it is further away from the highway
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Hello austinaddison,
We are pleased to hear that your stay with us, Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, is comfortable and fits your needs! We are happy to have you as a loyal customer to the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg brand!
Looking forward to serving you again,
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

i have been staying @ this hotel for many of years now ... and it only gets better each time . the staff is like family to me and they always treat me excellent .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hello Greg S!
We are pleased to hear that you feel a part of the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg family! Our team works very hard on making each guest feel at home. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Regards,
Ocean Pines, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have been a weekly guest at this hotel for the last seven years and a Platinum Club member with the chain and their associated hotel group.
The management and employees at this location have been as close as"family" to me for this period of time. I would not think of going anywhere else.
John Campolettano

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Hello John C,
We are happy to hear that we have become as “family” to you, as you have become a part of the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg family as well! Our teams work very hard on making each guest feel at home, while away from home. We hope that you take advantage of you Platinum Club status at our hotel, if not, please be sure to ask our guest services for all the details!
See you next week!
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
Wilmington, DE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

This was our second stay at the Gaithersburg Holiday Inn and we will NOT return.

Our room was not properly inspected when we checked in. The was no hot water and the room was not set up. We asked for a room with working hot water. They moved us from a large 2 Queen bed room to a small 2 Double bed room. The manager refused to lower the room rate. She was not helpful and a bit condescending. If it had been earlier in the day, we would have checked out!

The manager offered drink vouchers (4) and said that was all she could do.

For convenience, we ordered room service - lunch the next day. It took 10 minutes to get through the line and the order taker kept me on hold. Food arrived late and cold.

Disgusted by the lack of customer service. We will not return,

Arrive at this hotel and expect poor service from the manager down to the staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Dear Andrew M,
We know your time is valuable so, thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Gaithersburg on Tripadvisor.

First and foremost, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. This has been brought to the attention of the property’s General Manager and Guest Service Manager who are looking into this action. Please note that this is an isolated incident and are working hard to resolve any future related mishaps.
We take feedback very seriously as TripAdvisor is a valuable tool in improving our services.

Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Team
Yokosuka, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed here for a 2 week business trip. The management was very helpful. He recommended several restaurants. He took us to a Jamaican grocery store which had homemade food at the back of the store. The Indian restaurant was great also. Easy access to the beltway. The bar has happy hour with different finger foods everyday. The room itself was just like any major hotel chain, nothing special.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Hello tattskin,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Gaithersburg on TripAdvisor! Our team works very hard on accommodating each guest. We are very pleased to hear that our staff was able to make your stay enjoyable and familiarize you with the Gaithersburg area as well as take advantage of our amenities; shuttle and on-site restaurant.

We hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again!
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg Team!

Been to Holiday Inn Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!