“DC Family Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Deltona,FL
“DC Family Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

We decided to take a trip to visit our nation's capital. We wanted to stay in D.C. however noticed that the hotels within the city were way to expensive. Since we had a rental car we decided to stay slightly outside of DC at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Gaithersburg, MD. I had booked our reservation online for a great price, and drove up from Florida. We arrived very late and check in could not have been easier. We were checked in and in our room within 5 minutes. The room was beautiful, with 2 queen beds. Very modern decor and very clean. The free internet usage was great. The location was great, across the street from a mall, and the drive into DC from the hotel was not more than 40 to 45 minutes from the hotel. This was a huge plus as we had been warned that it could take up to 2 hours to get in unless you leave at 6am. Not something you want to do with a 10, 4, and 2 year old. The kids loved the pool and begged to hang out there daily. There is a back stair way to the pool so you don't have to walk thru the lobby in your bathing suit. We had such a good time, that we decided to stay one more day. Since the hotel was nearly booked we did have to change rooms, however we were accommodated with a room with a king size bed and a pullout couch. The front desk service was excellent. During our stay, there was a storm that knocked out the power for most of Maryland. Even this did not dampen our mood. The front desk attendants gave us some lighted sticks to be able to see and the power was back on within a few hours. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
WGG-DOS, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with our staff.
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stayed here while attending a weekend conference. While the facilities and food are average the staff is GREAT. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. My son got sick in the room and they promptly move us to another room. They also helped out when there was an issue with my reservation. While I have stayed at hotels with better facilities, few have this type of staff.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

There was a UNUSED disgusting glass in my room after house keeping. Even the front desk lady agreed with me, it is very disgusting and suggest I can grab some paper cups for use. The first day I checked it, the floor was dirty and it is still not vacuumed on the next day after house keeping has been there. I thought I should tell the front desk about it, otherwise they will never vacuum my floor. However, the male staff at front desk asked me if it is only my second day and ask me if I need someone to vacuum my room right away with a sarcastic tone. Apparently, he thinks I should give them a few more days to have a clean floor. I know which one is more disturbing, the health hazard glass or sarcastic unfriendly staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with out management team and staff in an effort to provide training opportunities and lay the foundation for excellance in customer service.
Durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Booked a room with 3 people through Hotwire and was given a room with one bed. The front desk and manager claimed it was Hotwire's fault, but Wyndham accepted the reservation for 3 people knowing it only had rooms with one bed. The room one bed and one chair. Was that Hotwire's fault? When I complained, they gave me a room with a bed and a pullout couch that had no linens and only two towels. Was that Hotwire's fault? On my third trip to the front desk, they brought linens and towels. They said some rooms with 2 beds should be available for the next two nights. When I check at 8:00am at the desk, they said no other rooms were available.
Breakfast $10, wired internet with only one line per room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for this oversite. Whether Hotwire communicated the request properly, is not the issue. The issue is that once the needs were brought to our attention, our staff could have been more proactive, with the offering of extra towels, and assisting with linen for the sleeper sofa. I have shared your comments with our staff and look forward to the opportunity to grow in our customer service.
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

I stayed at the Wyndham for a Wed - Sun stay. The hotel was very clean and tidy. The staff was polite and helpful.

The breakfast buffet is $10 - but pay only if you eat. The buffet quality and quantity was much better quality than other hotels with "free" breakfasts. Real fresh fruit, made to order eggs, waffle maker, breads, bacon, sausage, etc.

A little hard to find as it is set back from the road, but this was a minor item. Overall, I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

The staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable, the kids enjoyed the pool, and I appreciated the treadmill. On the downside, the pool did not open until 4 in the afternoon and we were farther from the metro than I had thought.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!