“VERY uncomfortable experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
San Diego, California
“VERY uncomfortable experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

There was a UNUSED disgusting glass in my room after house keeping. Even the front desk lady agreed with me, it is very disgusting and suggest I can grab some paper cups for use. The first day I checked it, the floor was dirty and it is still not vacuumed on the next day after house keeping has been there. I thought I should tell the front desk about it, otherwise they will never vacuum my floor. However, the male staff at front desk asked me if it is only my second day and ask me if I need someone to vacuum my room right away with a sarcastic tone. Apparently, he thinks I should give them a few more days to have a clean floor. I know which one is more disturbing, the health hazard glass or sarcastic unfriendly staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
WGG-DOS, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with out management team and staff in an effort to provide training opportunities and lay the foundation for excellance in customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Durham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Booked a room with 3 people through Hotwire and was given a room with one bed. The front desk and manager claimed it was Hotwire's fault, but Wyndham accepted the reservation for 3 people knowing it only had rooms with one bed. The room one bed and one chair. Was that Hotwire's fault? When I complained, they gave me a room with a bed and a pullout couch that had no linens and only two towels. Was that Hotwire's fault? On my third trip to the front desk, they brought linens and towels. They said some rooms with 2 beds should be available for the next two nights. When I check at 8:00am at the desk, they said no other rooms were available.
Breakfast $10, wired internet with only one line per room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for this oversite. Whether Hotwire communicated the request properly, is not the issue. The issue is that once the needs were brought to our attention, our staff could have been more proactive, with the offering of extra towels, and assisting with linen for the sleeper sofa. I have shared your comments with our staff and look forward to the opportunity to grow in our customer service.
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

I stayed at the Wyndham for a Wed - Sun stay. The hotel was very clean and tidy. The staff was polite and helpful.

The breakfast buffet is $10 - but pay only if you eat. The buffet quality and quantity was much better quality than other hotels with "free" breakfasts. Real fresh fruit, made to order eggs, waffle maker, breads, bacon, sausage, etc.

A little hard to find as it is set back from the road, but this was a minor item. Overall, I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

The staff was friendly, the beds were comfortable, the kids enjoyed the pool, and I appreciated the treadmill. On the downside, the pool did not open until 4 in the afternoon and we were farther from the metro than I had thought.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

After reading the room description: King bed with smart chair/recliner and amenties--pool, sauna, hot tub, exercise room and guest laundry, I was looking forward to the stay.
I should have known when I stepped into the lobby that the stay would not be pleasant: there was a persistant sewer smell for the 3 days there [they didn't even try to mask it with febreez].
We arrived about 7 PM, and after a pleasant front desk headed to the elevator--steaming hot, got off on the 4th floor--hotter. The room was cool, but at 7 PM it had not been cleaned!!!
so back into the hot hall and elevator to another room on the 3rd floor--hot too, but the double bed rooms have no smart chair :(. The next morning we tried to make coffee (single serve type), but there were no cups, so off downstairs for some...not fun 1st thing in the morning.
The room was not cleaned until after 4 PM, and the pillows were scattered all over the floor, the ice bucket liner was not replaced; there was someone else's hair on the floor (there when we checked in); the floor was not vacuumed--the room felt dirty.
Went to do laundry: signs say access from 2nd floor: but that meant another walk down a hot hall to the stairwell down (!!)-- a moldy stairway. You open the door the exercise room with your room key. There was only 1 washer and drier; the door to the hot tub, sauna, and pool was locked in afternoon, so you had to go back up the stairs to get out
They do not open the pool, hot tub and sauna until 4 PM!!! What!!
The location was OK, near the Costco and an older mall, but few interesting eating spots. The bright spot is that it had a bar in the hotel.
Overall we were very disappointed with our stay. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
ASHLAND, OHIO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

In preparing for a recent trip to the OBX we decided to stay 1/2 way between Ohio and NC, so we booked four (4) rooms at this hotel. The website looked impressive and we did ALOT of checking on the place before making our reservations. When we got there it was the Friday before Memorial Day and the pool (which is outside) was ready for business but closed until Monday. We had numerous hot and tired kids traveling with us that were not too happy to say the least. There was no working hot tub (of course) and the front desk didn't appear too concerned about guest comfort or satisfaction. The rooms were passibly clean but the windows were filthy, had I had a bottle of Windex and a long rope I would have been outside cleaning them myself. The lobby refreshment center was sparsely stocked, so if you go looking for a snack late at night, well, good luck with that one. Oh, I forgot to mention the thin walls. We had to listen to a bunch of loud carrying on in one of the surrounding rooms before we were able to get some rest. The hotel is wedged into a business park in a very busy section of town "yet" easily accessible to and from the interstate. I expected more from this 3 1/2 star hotel, travelers beware.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
East Brunswick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

The room was clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Metro ride to DC is abou 40 minutes--a bit long. Shuttle is available for trip to Metro station in Shady Grove.
Don't eat dinner there!!! It's terrible.
We paid $57/night from Hot Wire. Someone else we met there paid $100 and another
couple couple paid $48 on Travelocity.
Nice place for the money.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!