“Incredible Service Here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Bordentown, New Jersey
“Incredible Service Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed here for three nights while I attended a meeting in nearby Rockville. I booked the room on Hotwire for $57/night. That was an incredible price for such a comfortable stay. Without exception, the staff was extremely, helpful, professional and friendly. They sent a fax for free, provided free transportation to the Shady Grove Metro station about ten minutes away, and provided complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby all day. The hotel is in a somewhat suburban location and it takes about 45 minutes to get to DC on the train from Shady Grove. However, if you have a need to stay in the Gaithersburg area, this is a wonderful place to stay. I would love to stay there again should I have the occasion.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rome NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

I travel with my adult son who's in a wheelchair. I was able to get the favorable internet/AAA rate but had to call to arrange for an accessible room (they have 8 on the premises) as I was not able to request an accessible room online. Not only was the price a draw but the fact that the entire premises are smoke free. When we arrived they put us in a regular room and we had to go back to the front desk to get what we requested and there was no offer of compensation. Fair enough; the accessible room was adequate but there was no roll in shower or drop down bench for the bathtub. The next day when it was time for him to take a shower, I called the front desk to request a shower chair or some time of chair that could get wet (like a pool side chair). 45 minutes later and still no chair. I called again and was told a bellman would be right up with a pool chair as there was no shower chair on the premises. 20 minutes later, I went to the pool myself and grabbed a chair. I probably would stay again but if I could get a truly accessible bathroom at the same price (like most Marriott properties we've stayed in) I probably would stay there. There are two nearby delis and a grocery store but they are at an incline and I probably would not push someone in a wheelchair to them. Another reviewer talked about an odd smell and I noticed it too but cannot describe what it might be. We did not try the restaurants so no comments there.

• Stayed May 2010
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Stayed for 2 weeks.
Pros:
Free internet. Hotel shuttle free. Good beds.clean not the most fun place but walking distance to Lake forrest mall! Overall a great stay!!!!

Cons:
Breakfast was really bad and expensive. No fridge in the room. Gaithersburg is not the best area. No room service or restaurant at night

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

We booked the hotel from 17th January to 22nd January. It was a nice property with spacious rooms, free internet and breakfast. The location is good and the staff was courteous and helping. Due to some unavoidable circumstances,we had to check out on 21st evening, but they did not charge us for that day. Kudos to them for the hospitality

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reading
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

First the good: Would agree with the previous reviewer that the rooms are nice, newly refurbished, with very comfortable beds. Hotel and room was warm, important since it was -7c outside. No complaints at all about the accommodation.

The not so good: The hotel appears to be very short of customers and resembles a bit of a ghost town at times (note we stayed in freezing January though). There is no room service at all, surprising for a Wyndham (in my experience), and they no longer serve food in the evenings, apparently due to lack of demand. If you want to eat you must either order take-away from outside or go-out. Gaithersburg itself has lots of fast food but very few quality restaurants, so this is a problem.

The pool and Jacuzzi were both closed and to get to the gym you have to go all the way to the end of the second floor, through the exit in to the rather intimidating emergency stairwell, down to the ground floor.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed at the Wyndham Hotel in Gaithersburg because it was on the list of hotels I could stay at with my company. I was really happy that I did! The beds were really comfortable and the room was clean and new! What a surprise to get free internet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Next time I have to come into the area I will defintely stay at the Wyndham.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

This was a wonderful hotel, it was very clean and the rooms and bedding were Fantastic. Rooms were inviting, and the facilities were clean. I would and will stay there again. The only small problem I had was with the front service desk at night. When my wife called the front desk the girl was somewhat rude to her. I called back later to get a wake-up call, and I was greeted with a "yup, what do you need" with a condescending tone of voice. I told her to just forget that I called, and set my own alarm clock. I think that the service desk at night needs to be a tad more professional. If it wasn't for that, I would have given this hotel a perfect score.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!