“Much much better than described and expected” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Much much better than described and expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

Stayed for 2 weeks.
Pros:
Free internet. Hotel shuttle free. Good beds.clean not the most fun place but walking distance to Lake forrest mall! Overall a great stay!!!!

Cons:
Breakfast was really bad and expensive. No fridge in the room. Gaithersburg is not the best area. No room service or restaurant at night

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

We booked the hotel from 17th January to 22nd January. It was a nice property with spacious rooms, free internet and breakfast. The location is good and the staff was courteous and helping. Due to some unavoidable circumstances,we had to check out on 21st evening, but they did not charge us for that day. Kudos to them for the hospitality

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reading
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

First the good: Would agree with the previous reviewer that the rooms are nice, newly refurbished, with very comfortable beds. Hotel and room was warm, important since it was -7c outside. No complaints at all about the accommodation.

The not so good: The hotel appears to be very short of customers and resembles a bit of a ghost town at times (note we stayed in freezing January though). There is no room service at all, surprising for a Wyndham (in my experience), and they no longer serve food in the evenings, apparently due to lack of demand. If you want to eat you must either order take-away from outside or go-out. Gaithersburg itself has lots of fast food but very few quality restaurants, so this is a problem.

The pool and Jacuzzi were both closed and to get to the gym you have to go all the way to the end of the second floor, through the exit in to the rather intimidating emergency stairwell, down to the ground floor.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed at the Wyndham Hotel in Gaithersburg because it was on the list of hotels I could stay at with my company. I was really happy that I did! The beds were really comfortable and the room was clean and new! What a surprise to get free internet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Next time I have to come into the area I will defintely stay at the Wyndham.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

This was a wonderful hotel, it was very clean and the rooms and bedding were Fantastic. Rooms were inviting, and the facilities were clean. I would and will stay there again. The only small problem I had was with the front service desk at night. When my wife called the front desk the girl was somewhat rude to her. I called back later to get a wake-up call, and I was greeted with a "yup, what do you need" with a condescending tone of voice. I told her to just forget that I called, and set my own alarm clock. I think that the service desk at night needs to be a tad more professional. If it wasn't for that, I would have given this hotel a perfect score.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

Nasty storms knocked out power to a healthy portion of Gaithersburg the night I stayed at the Wyndham, but surprisingly, the hotel had power - I'm guessing they had a backup generator.

The AC unit didn't seem to do the best job with humidity, so my room had a bit of a musty smell, but after a few minutes in the room, the brain kinda masks that sort of thing.

Because of the remodeling, the carpet and bedding in my room were new/very good, but finding dozens of hairs throughout the bathroom, was a problem for me. Housekeeping went home at 6p (I checked in after 6), and they were sold out, so no option to be relocated.

The woman at the front desk did try to offer other things such as a free breakfast the next morning, and even hinted management might comp the room. I thanked her for offering, but really only wanted a clean room :(

• Liked — staff did offer to help compensate for poor quality
  • Disliked — cleanliness in my room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Martinsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

I stayed here December 3rd thru the 7th for business. It was a great experiance. The rooms were very nice. I would say they were on par with actual marriot rooms. I had a king room # 703. It was very spacious. My only complaints are that the walls were a little thin as I could hear the tv in the room next to mine. Also the elevator looked a little bit old. However on the whole it was great. Its located in a great spot and had a great breakfast buffet. I would definately stay here. Also the customer service was excellent. I had left two pairs of jeans in my room. I called when I arrived home and they were overnighted to me. What a great place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed December 2007

Been to Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!