“1 Night Business Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Worst hotel experience of my life, and I haven't even checked out yet! When I checked into the room I immediately noticed strands of the maid's hair in the tub. There was no mini-fridge in the room, which isn't all that bad...except for the fact that the ONLY ice machine (located on the 4th floor) is often broken or completely out of ice. Two of the outlets, the alarm clock, the phone, and the bedside lamps do not work. They charge $10 for an anemic breakfast service that is a few steps below fast food - save your money and go to the gas station around the corner. If you do leave, however, be wary if you're out late at night. They have a habit of locking the front door and making you stand outside for 10-15 minutes before someone FINALLY answers the front desk phone to let you back in...all while sighing loudly to let you know what an inconvenience you've been. And that's IF there's anyone at the front desk...the last time I needed something the security guard had to call the clerk to the desk to remind them that they have guests in their hotel that might need something from time to time. Add to this the fact that NONE of the amenities on the website (pool, sauna, exercise room, laundry) are accessible and you start to realize that the Motel 6 down the road is looking pretty good, after all.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
pavan b, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor survey. It is only as a result of people like you that we are able to review our product quality and overall service. As you are aware of our construction, I apologize for the service you received from the Front office. We have taken care of the room issues you mentioned. We are in the midst of renovating our hotel exterior and the project will continue into the spring. We do this for the overall aesthetic beauty for all of our customers. I apologize that you found the exterior unacceptable. It is work in progress and it is a necessary process to maintain our hotel. I truly hope we can be of service to you again in the very near future. Please do contact me, as I would like to address this issue at your convenience. I can be reached at 301-670-0008.

Been to Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg

Address: 805 Russell Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20879
Location: United States > Maryland > Gaithersburg
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Wyndham, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg Hotel Gaithersburg
Wyndham Gaithersburg
Gaithersburg Wyndham

If you own or manage Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.