“Not that bad!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Not that bad!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Me & my husband stayed at this hotel for a week last October. After reading all the reviews about the hotel, I totally had prepared myself for the worst experience ever, but both of us were happy after seeing the room that we've been given. The room was very spacious and well-decorated, bed was a comfy and the bath was clean. We did not eat at the hotel, so i can not comment on their foods. I would say its a good choice for the budget travelers, whether they are on business or leisure.

Room Tip: You can use the hotel's shuttle for getting to the metro station as many times as you want, from...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
pavan b, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re absolutely elated that you enjoyed exceptional service from our staff, just as it should be! That is what we strive to provide - with great enthusiasm and passion - each and every day. We wish you a wonderful summer, and we look forward to the chance to host you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bay City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is the first and last time I will ever stay here! WiFi tests at 0.5mb - worthless! Good thing I have a MiFi. No channel guide in the room, had to ask for one at front desk. No Fox News, A&E or even History ch. The entire north 1/2 of the hotel is blocked off for construction as of 2-5-14 which means no pool, no laundry, no fitness center. I wish I had coughed up a couple extra bucks and stayed at the Hampton again. Perhaps this place will be ok once all the construction is done, but that's not a chance I am willing to take!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
WGG-DOS, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I am sorry that your experience was poor. Modifications to a builidng that is open 24/7 is a difficult task to acheive with out some level of disturbance. Our staff is committed to providing excellent service and are preparing options for guests who would still like to work out. The internet has been challenging over the last week with the ice storms, and we are hoping our service provider will do better to meet the needs of our guests.

We do hope that you will keep an eye out for us as we move forward with the modifications to elevate the guest experience, and will give us another chance later down the line.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Sure the place has the amenities of a three star restaurant, but they don't work or are in disrepair.

-Two rooms, neither of the coffee machines worked.
-Internet was spotty at best. Frequently couldn't connect.
-The sauna and hot tub are closed in the winter.
-The temperature in the fitness facilities are unregulated, and the fitness room looks disgusting.
-Upholstery ripped in the elevators.
-Hallway floors not regularly swept.
-The iron in my room had melted fabric on it that ruined my nice clothes. Housekeeping, CHECK THE IRON.
- No microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms. You can request them but will be put on a waiting list.
-Management: What are you doing putting the only microwave right there at the lobby entrance? What kind of a first impression is walking into the smell of somebody's left overs or burnt popcorn? WHY ARE YOU SELLING POPCORN RIGHT THERE? That setup is a very poor marketing decision.

The only reason I gave it two stars instead of one is because the price wasn't too bad. But I'm sure there's a better deal to be found. I doubt the reconstruction they're currently undergoing will make any improvement on poor upkeep and management decisions.

The staff at the front desk were altogether polite.

Room Tip: Ask for a place with a good internet connection. It'll be a poor connection, but better than mos...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I apologize that you had so many difficulties with your stay. We understand that there are some challenges that we are working to eleviate. We have had to close the fitness area completely due to a pipes that have been effected by the extremely cold weather.

As the new owners - we are in the process of further inspecting the building and determining the best route to take in order to guarantee guest satisfaction. I apologize that this will take some time. We agree that the microwave placement is not ideal and we will be evaluating that with the discussion of public area flow.

I can guarantee - we are committed to provide quality accomdations, and we ask for you understanding as we move forward with determine our staffing and property.

Been to Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!