“GREAT LOCATION, CLOSE TO FREEWAYS AND THE NEW M200 TOLL ROAD, LOTS OF PLACES TO EAT AROUND GAITHISBURG AND ROCKVILLE.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg

Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
West Bloomfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great Location and easy Freeway excess. Lots of Restuarants and shopping mall close by. Full HOT BREAKFAST BUFFET and BAR on site. Very clean comfortable room with all AMMENITIES. BEST VALUE for the MONEY. A perfectly GREAT PLACE to stay when in the AREA. The new M200 TOLL RD is just two exits down and cuts down on TRAFFIC DELAYS on the BELTWAY and gets you to BWI or I 95 in less time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
THANK YOU!

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Accident
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Hotel was clean, but the gym was down a creepy set of stairs and the equipment was shabby. Skip the $10 breakfast buffet. Its the same low quality food that is on the free breakfast buffet at other hotels

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from April 6 to 11, 2013. Overall I must say the hotel is not so bad and the front desk folks were very kind and helpful. For instance, I have requested a refrigerator upon arrival and renewed my request kindly the following day, in the afternoon I had my refrigerator. I also had a minor setting problem with my AC, called reception, within 1-1.5 hour a Tech came in and fixed the problem. The only problems I had were: 1) AC-HEAT system is very very loud and outdated!, 2) bathroom needs to be cleaned a little bit more. Other than that, great location, near malls and plenty of restaurants, lots of parking space at the hotel and for the price, I think my overall rating of this hotel is a 3.5/5.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you're ever thinking about using the internet in your room, good luck! It is not working at all even though the company advertised free internet in every room. Trying to ask for help from the front desk, good luck again! There is no knowledgeable staff to help; and guests will be directed to call an 1-800 number. Even though the technician on the line was friendly and helpful, but that will be all one can get. I was on the phone for more than 2 hours on my first night, and the result was the same. Ask the front desk for help again, but all I got was empty promises without follow up. I gave up calling for help after the 3rd night. So even there is a room, one will have to sit in the lobby if there is a need to use the internet services after a long day outside. The room has a funky smell every night when I open the door and step inside. The bed mattress is good; but if you plan to use the sofa bed, it is not recommended. I was told at chek-out that some one from the hotel will contact me about my experience during my stay, yet there is no call or even an email following up.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We booked our stay at the Wyndham Gardens Gaithersburg for its proximity to family who live in the area and, unusually for us, without first checking its ratings on Trip Advisor. We were a bit surprised to subsequently see complaints here about the condition of paint and carpets and the scarcity of offerings in the snack shop, none of which even drew our slightest attention. The only quibbles we had were the lack of an in-room refrigerator and that staffing seemed a little short handed, requiring us to wait a few minutes for the front desk clerk to locate a luggage cart on check-in as well for a maintenance man to set the correct time on our room's alarm clock(!).

Admittedly, if this were a remotely-located hotel with no nearby amenities or we had need of resort-like facilities, we probably would have been somewhat less satisfied. But for our purposes--a conveniently located, clean, quiet, comfortable place to sleep--this was a perfect choice. In fact, we've already booked a return visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!