“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I'm surprised by the negative reviews below. I found this hotel to be an excellent value (under $100 per night). Was clean everywhere I looked, had helpful and very friendly front desk staff, a free shuttle van to/from the nearby Metro station -- or wherever else you want to go, and was comfortable and quiet for sleeping. Fast and reliable free wifi was a plus.

$10 breakfast buffet was OK, not great (but not terrible either). And there's a zillion and one restaurants nearby.

Comparable area hotels were nearly twice the price. I'd stay at this Wyndham again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hardyville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

No microwave or fridge in room. Hard to travel with infants w/o these. Front desk staff rude or non-existent. Hallways always filthy; coffee always stale. Our bed was made, but housekeeping didn't bother to wipe out crumbs from granddaughters morning snack.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I stayed at the Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg after paying a discounted rate (about $80.00) through hotwire.com since this hotel was given a three star rating. This hotel is a far cry from a three star hotel and not worth the money!! It had no internet (out for 3 days they said), very old and ugly carpeting throughout, furniture that looked like it came from someone's garage, a t.v. that was at least 5+ years old, cable reception that was a joke and a small refrigerator that smelled like mold and was at least 10 years old. It did not have a microwave and the coffee maker did not work!!!! After checking in at 8:00 p.m., I complained to hotwire.com and was told that I could check out, call back and then rebook another hotel if I wanted. At 8:00 p.m. after flying cross country, I think NOT!!!! Do not stay here!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Avon, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Although the staff is very friendly, this hotel is very unclean. Our 2 rooms stink, the shower is moldy, the toilet seat is falling apart, the refrigerator is so dirty on the outside that I don't want to touch it, there was heavy furniture in front of the doors of our adjoining rooms, the coffee maker was so dirty I asked for a new one, the heat doesn't work and is very noisy, there is only wireless in the lobby and the connector they provide is so short that I have to sit right next to the wall to type, the floor has not been vacuumed. We certainly never expected such an unclean experience!

On top of all that they charged us an extra $200 for "incidentals" even though we told them we were not going to back any purchases. When I called the Wyndham main number they told me that these extra charges are normal! Although I travel often, I only encountered this charge one other time and at that hotel they told me about it up front and when I objected they did not charge me. Here I only knew that they had charged my card was when I checked my balance. To charge me $200 for something I will never buy and to do so without my consent is dishonest.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
WGG-DOS, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
I am so sorry that you had such an unacceptible stay with us. Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you prior to your departure and resolve everything while you were still on property. Please let me know if I can ever be of further assistance.
Deltona,FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

We decided to take a trip to visit our nation's capital. We wanted to stay in D.C. however noticed that the hotels within the city were way to expensive. Since we had a rental car we decided to stay slightly outside of DC at the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Gaithersburg, MD. I had booked our reservation online for a great price, and drove up from Florida. We arrived very late and check in could not have been easier. We were checked in and in our room within 5 minutes. The room was beautiful, with 2 queen beds. Very modern decor and very clean. The free internet usage was great. The location was great, across the street from a mall, and the drive into DC from the hotel was not more than 40 to 45 minutes from the hotel. This was a huge plus as we had been warned that it could take up to 2 hours to get in unless you leave at 6am. Not something you want to do with a 10, 4, and 2 year old. The kids loved the pool and begged to hang out there daily. There is a back stair way to the pool so you don't have to walk thru the lobby in your bathing suit. We had such a good time, that we decided to stay one more day. Since the hotel was nearly booked we did have to change rooms, however we were accommodated with a room with a king size bed and a pullout couch. The front desk service was excellent. During our stay, there was a storm that knocked out the power for most of Maryland. Even this did not dampen our mood. The front desk attendants gave us some lighted sticks to be able to see and the power was back on within a few hours. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
WGG-DOS, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with our staff.
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stayed here while attending a weekend conference. While the facilities and food are average the staff is GREAT. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. My son got sick in the room and they promptly move us to another room. They also helped out when there was an issue with my reservation. While I have stayed at hotels with better facilities, few have this type of staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham Garden Gaithersburg? Share your experiences!