“Best Bargain for Budget Travelers Wanting To See DC without Paying DC Rates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Shady Grove

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Miami
“Best Bargain for Budget Travelers Wanting To See DC without Paying DC Rates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

This hotel was a great pic by my wife and I. I truely thank the previous posts that helped me pick this hotel. Being that we chose the week that Congress was back in session to go to DC, we could not find a hotel in DC area that was less than 200 per night. We found shady grove to be less than 90 per night and close to the DC's Red Line at Shady Grove station. This worked out great as the hotel's shuttle service got us to and from the Shady Grove station quickly and free of charge. There was only one night that my wife and I returned after 10pm and we had to take a cab since the shuttle stopped at 9pm. The cab fare was only 7 dollars. I really like the shuttle service as they were always at the station to pick me up within 5 minutes of my call. Also, breakfast was great and had a good variety. I always left the hotel with a full belly. You can't beat the free breakfast, free shuttle, free WIFI, and great rates. Unless you are willing to pay 200+ to be in DC, Comfort inn at Shady grove is a deal if you are a budget traveler that only wants to get to and from DC. WIth that said, the location is safe but there isn't much to do. That didn't bother my wife or I as we only needed a place to sleep after a full day in DC.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We searched for weeks online ti find a decent priced hotel. We were concerned that the hotel would not be safe or clean due to the price but tried it thinking we could change after the first night. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The area was great and the hotel was very nice. The breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room was very large with room for everyone. We rode the metro everyday to DC and the staff was quite prompt in taking us and picking us up. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a clean, safe, inexpensive place to stay near DC.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

I was just in town for business. Although my trip was short, the hotel was very nice. A pleasant surprise. Breakfast was complimentary and the front desk staff was helpful with directions to and from my meetings. The housekeepers on my floor were always smiling and the room was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to other business travelers as well.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

I just finished a short stay here and I must say I was very pleased. The hotel was clean as previous reviews have stated, which is always a big plus with me. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I chose to walk to the Metro into D.C. instead of using the shuttle. It was about a mile walk one way, easy walk nothing too strenuous. Metro ride was terrific into D.C., it took about 45 minutes and it was a nice chance to relax on the way back to the hotel after walking around D.C. all day. Breakfast was ample, and on Tuesday evenings they have a manager reception with wine and snacks, which I thought was a nice touch. The hotel was a great find and value rather than spending a fortune in D.C. This is by no means a reflection on the hotel but I found the driving a little confusing in this area even with my GPS. Also one day I drove to Mt. Vernon and the traffic was horrendous from here. All in all though the hotel was a great value and I would recommend it to friends in the future, but would let them know of the congestion and advise them to use more of the Metro.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

This was a great place for us to stay. We went to the National Zoo and the Smithsonian. The pool was very refreshing. The free breakfast in the morning was better than most that I have ever had at a hotel. I really liked the waffles! The shuttle to and from the Metro station was very handy. I never moved my car for our entire stay. There are restaurants right there within a block and a gas station/convenient store right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

We had such a wonderful stay. The Front Desk staff was exceptional. They were very helpful by giving detailed directions to our various destinations and traveling with kids we truly appreciated it.

The hotel itself was very beautifully maintained. Their pool was perfect for our kids and they had something that I have not seen at any other hotel I have stayed in. They had a picnic area which was great allowing our kids to run around. The rooms were kept very clean and the housekeeping staff was always smiling. Breakfast was a delightful treat. They had an assortment of food set up for us in the mornings. It truly was one of the best hotel experiences we have had. Great hotel for the price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

My colleagues and I enjoyed our stay. The staff was very freindly. I highly recommend this hotel to any business travelers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!