“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Milton, West Virginia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We needed to visit an embassy in DC and wanted to find an affordable location on the Metro line without having to drive into DC. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I was able to check in quickly. I asked about the distance to the Metro and was told hit was only a couple of lights down, however, they had a complementary shuttle and would be happy to transport us whenever we needed to go. I was presented with a business card with contact info for the shuttle. The room was very comfortable and clean. Loved the four pillows on each bed with options of soft or firm (two of each) on each bed. The beds were clean and very comfortable. Wonderful fluffy white comfort on the bed. We were on the fifth floor so it was quite and conducive to a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was one of the nicest I have seen. They had just about anything you would need or want. Staff was continually cleaning and replenishing during our visits and removing the trash. We asked about a shuttle the next morning and were quickly picked up and transported. I called when we arrived back at the station that evening (which was rush hour) and we were picked up at the same spot very quickly. Upon checkout we were again thanked for choosing their hotel. Our overall experience with this Comfort Inn location was everything we hoped for and then some. The staff was always pleasant and very helpful. I would highly recommend it for your visit to the DC area. The hotel is about a 30 minute Metro ride to the main Metro hub.

Room Tip: Upper floors very quite, elevators are quick.
Green Features: Glad to see a recycle bin in the room and option to use towels more than once to conserve water.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Millville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in town for business and the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to help my husband and I with every detail we needed...which metro to use, local restaurants, directions, etc. The free shuttle to the Metro made the stay even that much easier and convenient. Highly recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was in town for a horse show that took place over a few days. The hours were long so we checked in very late. The desk staff was very up-beat and nice and stayed that way the entire week. They were professional, kind and helpful. The room was clean, the hotel in general was clean and homey. I would recommend this as a good stay if you are out of town. The location was near many amenities, too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here a year ago at the same time of year so this was my second stay. Despite the title of my review, I probably would stay here again. First, the positives: I like that the location is within walking distance of Shady Grove subway station, which I believe is the farthest subway stop out this direction on the Washington Metro system. I also like that this location does a "welcome" once a week for new guests and the free breakfast is better than average. On the negatives, both were related to cleaning on this trip for me. First, I stayed on the sixth floor on this trip and at 8:05 AM, what sounded like a chainsaw-volume vacuum was cleaning right outside my room door. As I was here for vacation and not business, I thought that cleaning right outside the doors of rooms could be done after getting to those rooms where the guests have already checked out as it did wake me up. Also, the cleaning left a bit more to be desired than my previous trip here. For example, I dropped a quarter on the ground in my room and when I went to search for it, lifted up the edge of the blanket under the bed (it's a solid frame bed so nothing can technically be "under" the bed) and when I did, I found what seemed to be a Dorito's corn chip or snack that was left there... I don't eat these but I've seen them. Also, twice on the trip I found hair in the bathroom that was definitely not mine. Finally, I had a problem with the TV changer that was a bit irritating and I did approach the front desk about it as I thought it was a weak battery. The front desk changed the battery but even once it was changed, my channel up and down button would still not work nor did the power on/off button work (seemed to be a somewhat faulty remote because volume + manual channel change worked) so I had to do those manually on the set. As I say, none of these things were major problems but they were all part of my experience as I try to review honestly how this trip went.

Room Tip: The coffee and breakfast was worth getting up for - simple circular like scrambled egg "circles...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while attending a family event. Our room was spotless and comfortable, and the front desk person, Yulia, was really helpful and friendly. She gave us a discount card for the Indian restaurant next door (where we had an outstanding dinner). Breakfast is pretty standard. The hotel has a shuttle to and from the Metro.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Shady Grove for 3 nights and had a wonderful experience. We didn't check-in that first night until 8:30 p.m. but you would think it was the middle of the day. The desk clerk was very cheerful and it took no time at all and we were checked in. The lobby area was just as it's pictured on the website and so was our room. Clean and welcoming. The entire staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful. I had a difficult time figuring out the coffee maker in the room so I called the front desk asking for what I thought was a missing coffee pot. The desk clerk came to the room and explained to me that it was a single cup coffee maker. DUH!! He didn't have to do that. Our trip was very nice and enjoyable due, in large part, to the experience we had at the Comfort Inn. We recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: If you have any concerns call before making your plans. I'm certain the desk clerk will be of v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Warsaw, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Perfect location and the staff go above and beyond in their helpfulness. I would have given a 5 star rating if jacuzzi suites were available. The morning breakfast was fantastic although longer hours would be appreciated not that we were rushed at all once we were there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!