“Extremely helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Gaithersburg
Millville, Pennsylvania
“Extremely helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in town for business and the staff at the hotel went above and beyond to help my husband and I with every detail we needed...which metro to use, local restaurants, directions, etc. The free shuttle to the Metro made the stay even that much easier and convenient. Highly recommend to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was in town for a horse show that took place over a few days. The hours were long so we checked in very late. The desk staff was very up-beat and nice and stayed that way the entire week. They were professional, kind and helpful. The room was clean, the hotel in general was clean and homey. I would recommend this as a good stay if you are out of town. The location was near many amenities, too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here a year ago at the same time of year so this was my second stay. Despite the title of my review, I probably would stay here again. First, the positives: I like that the location is within walking distance of Shady Grove subway station, which I believe is the farthest subway stop out this direction on the Washington Metro system. I also like that this location does a "welcome" once a week for new guests and the free breakfast is better than average. On the negatives, both were related to cleaning on this trip for me. First, I stayed on the sixth floor on this trip and at 8:05 AM, what sounded like a chainsaw-volume vacuum was cleaning right outside my room door. As I was here for vacation and not business, I thought that cleaning right outside the doors of rooms could be done after getting to those rooms where the guests have already checked out as it did wake me up. Also, the cleaning left a bit more to be desired than my previous trip here. For example, I dropped a quarter on the ground in my room and when I went to search for it, lifted up the edge of the blanket under the bed (it's a solid frame bed so nothing can technically be "under" the bed) and when I did, I found what seemed to be a Dorito's corn chip or snack that was left there... I don't eat these but I've seen them. Also, twice on the trip I found hair in the bathroom that was definitely not mine. Finally, I had a problem with the TV changer that was a bit irritating and I did approach the front desk about it as I thought it was a weak battery. The front desk changed the battery but even once it was changed, my channel up and down button would still not work nor did the power on/off button work (seemed to be a somewhat faulty remote because volume + manual channel change worked) so I had to do those manually on the set. As I say, none of these things were major problems but they were all part of my experience as I try to review honestly how this trip went.

Room Tip: The coffee and breakfast was worth getting up for - simple circular like scrambled egg "circles...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while attending a family event. Our room was spotless and comfortable, and the front desk person, Yulia, was really helpful and friendly. She gave us a discount card for the Indian restaurant next door (where we had an outstanding dinner). Breakfast is pretty standard. The hotel has a shuttle to and from the Metro.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Shady Grove for 3 nights and had a wonderful experience. We didn't check-in that first night until 8:30 p.m. but you would think it was the middle of the day. The desk clerk was very cheerful and it took no time at all and we were checked in. The lobby area was just as it's pictured on the website and so was our room. Clean and welcoming. The entire staff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful. I had a difficult time figuring out the coffee maker in the room so I called the front desk asking for what I thought was a missing coffee pot. The desk clerk came to the room and explained to me that it was a single cup coffee maker. DUH!! He didn't have to do that. Our trip was very nice and enjoyable due, in large part, to the experience we had at the Comfort Inn. We recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: If you have any concerns call before making your plans. I'm certain the desk clerk will be of v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Warren, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Perfect location and the staff go above and beyond in their helpfulness. I would have given a 5 star rating if jacuzzi suites were available. The morning breakfast was fantastic although longer hours would be appreciated not that we were rushed at all once we were there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is about a twenty-minute walk to the Shady Grove metro. There's a sub/pizza place and an Indian restaurant right next door, and some fast food places (Checker's, Burger King, Subway) all within 15 minutes walking. The staff was very helpful. I came in early in the morning to BWI, and they were able to have a room ready for me. The only problem with the room was the safe; when I checked in, the battery was dead. The desk staff sent someone up right away to replace the battery. The next day, the safe door closed and wouldn't open, but they had it fixed later in the afternoon. (Needless to say, I didn't try using it again.) Parking is a bit tight.

Green Features: First time I"ve ever left a "do not replace sheets" placard on the bed -- and the hotel left the sheets. Also first time I've hung up the towels and the staff didn't replace them. (Other hotels just replace sheets/towels no matter what.)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!