“Five day stay and everything was great: amazing don't you think?” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Alpha Ohio
“Five day stay and everything was great: amazing don't you think?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We picked this hotel because it is at the end of the Red Line which allowed us to avoid DC traffic for our five day visit. The hotel Shuttle was prompt and courteous all ten times we used it, regardless of time of day (within their operating hours). Our room was fine, WiFi good, ammeneties were fine, and the price seemed quite reasonable considering being in the greater DC area.

The clerks at the desk were most accommodating and the Shuttle drivers were very nice.

Room Tip: The breakfast never changes... not one item different from one day to the next... so if you don'...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Aurora, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've stayed in many Choice hotels over the past few years, and this one is one of the best. Check in was flawless and the staff was very nice. Our room was clean and everything worked great.

The hotel was quiet for being near two high-traffic roads. The staff helped us whenever we needed it such as giving us ideas of where to eat dinner or directions to the Metro station. I was highly impressed when the girl at the desk walked outside with us to point to the street when giving directions! The metro station is very convenient. We took the metro into DC every day.

Breakfast is the average hot and cold food buffet for Choice hotels. However, the staff really kept the place clean for the amount of traffic going through.

I am highly impressed with this hotel - service, staff, accommodations and price. When I return to DC, I will be staying at the Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I must commend Richard at the CI Shady Grove for very prompt and professional service. The night prior, I received absolutely no sleep at a non-related supposedly "higher end" property in town. I wanted out of that other hotel as quickly as possible to get a few hours of sleep and shower/dress for a meeting. I phoned the Comfort mid morning and told Richard the situation and asked if there was any availability that night and if there was any way possible for an early check in. Not only was he professional and friendly over the phone telling me to "come on over", he greeted me in person at the front desk and had my room all ready for me.

Now, beyond the friendly staff. The property was very clean. All common areas were fresh in appearance and well taken care of. There is a Dunkin Donuts and a Checkers adjacent to the hotel if you want a quick bite or a snack. TV selection was good with plenty of HD channels. Internet worked flawlessly. The bed was clean and comfortable. The room - very quiet. Breakfast was great.

This Comfort Inn deserves all of the awards it has received. Yes, it is a below $100 a night mid-tier hotel brand, but the management and staff at this location treat its guests and the property itself as if it were a five star hotel. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor in a corner room - no noise and the hotel appeared to be almost full.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed 1 night on a recent business trip. I travel for business approximately 30 times a year. I considered this property a good value, clean ,well maintained, quite and safe. The room and bath were comfortable, well appointed. wifi dependable.Convienent to DC Metro and I270 corridor.
The staff was friendly and the included breakfast better then most. Have already booked a return visit.
Jeff56sales

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great location, near major roads but set back from them in a quiet location. Convenient access to the DC metro and hotel provides shuttle service. Cleanest bathroom I've seen in any hotel I've recently stayed at. Friendly staff. They provide a soft/firm pillow combination that is very comfortable. Nice array of foods provided at the complimentary breakfast. It was very hot outside but the room air conditioner handled it well. Front desk staff competently responded to our request for a quiet room. We appreciated having the very comfortable chair for reading.

Room Tip: The top floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Las
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed for two days for business. The hotel is big for a typical Comfort Inn, but the service is a GEM. I rode the metro and I called the hotel for direction and guidance; they quickly offered to pick us up on their shuttle. What a wonderful surprise. The hotel is located about 5 min from the metro. The lobby is beautiful, with decorations of their numerous awards. I mean numerous awards! The room was typical Comfort Inn style, with few minor updates on furniture. The television was new. The room was clean and comfortable. The AC worked like a charm. The lighting was a little low but adequate. The two days that we stayed, all of the staff went above and beyond their duties. I want to thank everyone there. Hope to see you again soon!

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and it was great. My room was facing south, which didn't really have any...
Green Features: I saw various Recycling bins (including in the room).
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn for six nights while I was in town for work. The desk staff was always very friendly and extremely helpful. I definitely asked a lot of questions while I was there, and they always had an answer for me. I stayed on the 7th floor. The hallway seemed to have a funny smell to it, but my room was super clean and comfortable. The housekeeping team at this hotel do a wonderful job. The hotel isn't very close to sights or shopping, but a ten minute drive takes you to a nice shopping area (Rio?) with movie theaters and great restaurants. The hotel offers a shuttle, which I didn't use, but is a nice amenity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!