I was looking for a hotel near a metro station so to go to DC with the metro, not the car. Looking at all the other ones near a M station, prices were 250+$.
This one is walking distance from Shady Groove station (the end of the red line), is only 120$ avrg., and the hotel is great.
Plenty of restaurants around, delivery, and free shuttle to go to and come from the station.
You can still walk to the Metro, is about 1/2 mile, but the shuttle is there from 7am to 9pm, anytime you need it. Metro ride to Dupont Circle is about 25 minutes.
Breakfast is good, rooms are very pleasant, hotel is silent, cleaning staff does a great job, caring for the little details, like having the holder for the soap cleaned everyday.
So, if you want a fair priced hotel, with easy access to DC center, with places to eat around once the day is over, that's the natural choice.
Very please with it, I'm coming back here if I have a trip in the future to DC.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Shady Grove Hotel
- Comfort Inn Shady Grove Hotel Gaithersburg
- Shady Grove Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seven stroy brick building with interior corridors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Shady Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.