“All excellent except a few minor things” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Pine Island, Minnesota
“All excellent except a few minor things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Staff were friendly; room was very clean and comfortable; Tuesday evening Manager's Reception was very nice; with great hors d'oevres including both hot and cold, and some of it very healthy; free breakfast was excellent (good variety, good quality); wireless internet was fast (much appreciated -- I've been to hotels where wireless was painfully slow); free shuttle service to the Metro station and Montgomery Surgical Center (I was there for surgery), a couple good restaurants in the same large parking lot; both fridge and microwave in-room... the only thing I could find fault with was that once in awhile when showering, the water temperature would change, but not for long. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

North Manchester, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I selected based on price, but will return based on superior service, outstanding friendliness of staff, exceptional cleanliness of facility, and the warmly professional atmosphere.
I have never been so pleasantly surprised at a hotel. I felt at home and we are planning a return trip. Thanks to the outstanding staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cjohnson303
Martinsville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have traveled the world extensively over many years for my work and I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all around the world. Road warriors create a plethora of good and bad habits of hotels and their staff. For me, I can sum it up in 3 areas.

First, the service must meet my needs in terms of check-in, check-out, room comfort and other ameneties offered.

Secondly, and very importantly, the night's sleep must be sleep in a clean bed with a comfortable mattress.

Lastly, and of upmost importance, the staff MUST have a positive, honest, helpful and consistently good attitude, interlaced with humor and a desire to do their best for you.

I can say without reservation that Shady Grove Comfort Inn meets all the above criteria consistently. That is why I have booked my weekly stay with the Shady Grove Comfort Inn for the past 9 months.

Don't discount this review because I am just a reporter; I don't make the news, I just report it.

Harry Roop

Croton on Hudson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just returned from a short stay with my small dog. This is the most patient hotel staff I have ever encountered. First, I was lost on the way down to the hotel and called the staff twice. Both people--first the manager and then a staff person--were extremely kind and patient and stayed on the phone with me until I got there. Once arriving, I had questions about the area and again, the front desk was extremely helpful. The room was beautiful and clean, updated and modern, with a beautiful flat screen tv. Most of all, I appreciated that the heat/ac controls worked well and were not noisy. I was given a room at the end of the hallway, probably to accommodate my dog, so as to minimize any barking. Tuesday nights, there is a small, light buffet (cheese, wine, fruit) which was unexpected. Breakfast was sufficient. There is also a very quick shuttle service, to and from the Shady Grove Metro. Although they told me to give 15 mins. advance notice, the driver was ready to take me within a few mins. after I requested service. There is a decent gym with a few treadmills and weights. It was clean and well lit. This was by far, not only the nicest Comfort Inn I have been to, but competitive with a Hilton, which would have been twice the cost. Again, truly nice and helpful staff who also took the time to print out directions for me, after I checked out on Wed. (1.30). I would definitely stay there again.

Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This trip was for business in Georgetown, Washington DC and pleasure in Gaithersburg.
Rooms were comfortable and clean.
Check in, housekeeping and shuttle service to the Washington Metro Red Line were efficient and courteous.
While the location in Gaithersburg might seem distant to someone interested in the heart of Washington, the prices of the rooms and the ease of the Metro make this a significantly better choice than driving into and staying in DC itself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We read the reviews on the Comfort Inn and it sounded good to us. It turned out that it was all true. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Our room was clean and comfortable, we rarely heard our neighbors, the entire hotel was neat and tidy. The breakfast was sufficient for us and available early, giving us more time for sightseeing in DC. We never had to wait more than five minutes for the free Metro shuttle, even when we called for a pickup from the station. I take that back: on one occasion, the shuttle was running a bit behind, so the manager called a taxi for us and paid for it! Such service!

To tell the truth, we fell into this hotel. We had booked (through a well-known travel website) two nights at a different hotel before deciding to begin our trip a day earlier, Unable to book that night at the original hotel, we booked one night at the Comfort Inn Shady Grove, which also didn't have the next two nights available (two months in advance) due to the inauguration,

I occasionally tried to add those two nights to our Comfort Inn stay, but even the week before the inauguration, nothing was available through the travel website. When we arrived, I asked if they might be able to accomodate us and they did! Not only did it keep us from having to move, the two nights cost less than one night at the other hotel. And we had a wonderful stay. I've already recommended the hotel to family planning a DC vacation this summer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Forest, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this property multiple times. The rooms are a tad small but are similar to other big city hotels I have stayed at in NYC & New Orleans. The only negative things I can say are that the layout of the furniture makes it hard to see the TV from the couch and there is some noise transfer from the inter-connecting room doors but I usually just turn the AC fan to the constant-on position to drown out any of that. The mattresses are getting some age on them but aren't totally gone yet. The parking spaces are tight but plentiful.

Now the positives. This property is always spotless and has some nice homey touches like a real water-plant in each bathroom as well as q-tips & cotton balls. The breakfast area is large and well stocked. The workout room is also spacious and the equipment is in good condition. There are lots of restaurant options in driving distance but not much in walking distance unless you count the Dunkin Donuts next door. There is also a nice manager's reception on Tuesday evenings. The staff is always efficient. I will definitely return.

• 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gaithersburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North - Gaithersburg
#5 of 15 in Gaithersburg
4.0 of 5 stars 311 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
Cambria hotel & suites Rockville

Been to Comfort Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!