“I really don't understand why people love this place” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Washington, DC
“I really don't understand why people love this place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I have eaten here twice. Both times the food was average and the service was the same. I would think management would want waitstaff to offer coffee and dessert after dinner, but both times our waiter didn't offer either. It felt like they wanted us to free up the table b/c we weren't drinking. I don't understand why it's so popular.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Okemos, Michigan, United States
“Simply superb seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Seven of us enjoyed a superb seafood dinner at the Bonefish Grill in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The tilapia and tilapia imperial were out of this world! Easily one of the best seafood dinners we have had. The service was excellent too.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Consistently Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I remember the first time i ate here over 10 years ago..I was told I had to try the pistachio encrusted trout, and it didn't disappoint. I have tried most items on the menu and enjoyed them all. I return frequently to the ahi tuna sashimi as well as the dumplings and mussels appetizers. The seasonal cocktails like fresh cucumber collins, sidecar, and apple martini are worth the trip.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Consistently good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I don't eat seafood yet I always find something I like at this place. They also have a decent wine list considering it is in Montgomery County...home to a very archaic liquor law. If they can improve on one thing...figure out a way for patrons not to be held like sardines while waiting for a table.

Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

After finding our first Bonefish in Naples, Florida we were very pleased to find this one in Gaithersburg, Maryland. And it did not disappoint.
The Bang Bang Shrimp starter was as good as we remembered from Naples - just spicy enough to give it that extra kick, but not sufficient to overwhelm the shrimp.
My wife had a skewer of shrimp and scallop with extra asparagus. It was all delightful, although too much for her appetite. I finished it off and agreed that she had made a wise choice.
I had Maryland Crab cake. Unlike some other crab cakes it contained more crab than breadcrumbs, but it was served with a sauce that masked the delicate flavor of the crab - so I ate most of it without the sauce, but, of course, it was therefore rather dry.
The place was full and we got one of the last tables - at 5.30 on a Wednesday. It would be advisable to book in advance

• Visited April 2014