“Casual & good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Casual & good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very nice neighborhood restaurant. Specializes and sea food and good selection of Martini's . Bar area always seems to have a steady crowd with a lot of repeat customers.

Visited October 2013

85% Recommend
New York
“Bonefish is a favorite..reliable..consistant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've eaten at numerous Bonefish Grill restaurants more than any other restaurants in my life. I feel like a little bit of an expert !
This one, this past Sat, was as usual, jammed. The bar area was still manageable, and reservation time was honored, even early. ( you need to make res) I have always been disappointed in the quailty of cocktails at all of the Bonefish restaurants ( however my friend was happy with hers.). so I have switched to a very tasty white sangria ($5)which is a little fizzy, different, better than you would expect for a sangria.(but you must tell them not to fill the glass with ice otherwise, three sips and it is gone)
I had very beautifully presented grilled shrimp and scallops with asparagus ( 20) and a veg mix that they serve with each entree. My friend had the special swordfish and loved it. at last moment, I decided to add a Bonefish house salad which, when added is something like $ 3. then I took that and the leftover fish home for lunch the next day at the Sugarloaf Exhibition at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds, where we are exhibiting artists.
So... this place has always been good, So the changes, I've seen over the years really can't improve on that.. but I suspect that management instead of raising prices is cutting some corners, and judging from their success, it is not hurting their business.: The wonderul hot bread that is served with the oil and spices..? The dish with the oil is half the size of the past. too bad. we asked for more? another plate came out with the same loaf of bread, with the same amount of oil. hmmm.
the formerly beautiful tablecloth and linens..replaced with brown paper on top of the tables. I hate it, but others don't seem to mind. the menu has gotten smaller, but it is still very nice. On the positive side, the server Dennis, was TOP notch. You can generally count on that. I haven't ordered deserts in a long time, but they were fabulous when I did. We stayed from 8-10 plus p.m., every table was still occupied when we left no one hassled us to move on as we chatted . THis place is a safe bet to bring friends.. it is noisy but it is a happy sound, enthusiastic people enjoying themselves. Darkish with overhead spotlights, trees and artistic wrought iron wall sculptures are standard.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Germantown, Maryland
“Reviewers are right. Fish and other food is always consistently good great. Our can't miss place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Have been here over 2-3 times a year since opened with family, friends, or just a date night. Never had a bad meal. Chilean sea bass, ahi tuna, bang bang shrimp, and specials have been consistently great. Our go to place. Tips: get reservations or call ahead seating on fri or sat. Does get busy and can be slightly loud. But that just adds to atmosphere.

Scarsdale, New York
“I Knoq It's A Chain !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just because it's a chain doesn't mean it's not good. It is good. The thing I like about chains is that you always know what you're going to get. I travel a lot on business and, as a result, I eat a lot of dinners alone. I find the fish choices to be varied enough to prevent my getting bored with the menu. The salad serving is large (although no potion of salad can ever justify the price) and they always know what balsamic vinegar is and always bring it rather than a balsamic vinaigrette. A plus in my ledger. The fish is always fresh and the portion size is good. The vegetables generally appear to be made to order - never soggy and tasteless - always crispy and flavorful.

It's a little pricey (even on an expense account) at about $40.00 for a salad, entree and vegetables, a glass of wine and a cup of coffee, for a weeknight dinner but I think it's quite worth it. The service is good, I ask them to take their time and they do. I enjoy my beverages and read my book around the courses.

Even though Bonefish is owned by Outback, the staff is trained very differently. They don't kneel down at the table, they don't try to become my buddy, and they listen to the guest's requests and comply with them.

All in all, very nice and I would recommend it - cost notwithstanding.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Decent food, reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Bonefish is consistently decent food, at a reasonable price. The menu is mostly fish but also has some non-fish items and vegetable sides. Busy, clean atmosphere. Service is okay. Beer menu includes a few micro brewery, specialty beers. Not sure if it's number 1 in Gaithersburg but its not a bad choice.

• Visited August 2013