“I Knoq It's A Chain !!!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Scarsdale, New York
“I Knoq It's A Chain !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just because it's a chain doesn't mean it's not good. It is good. The thing I like about chains is that you always know what you're going to get. I travel a lot on business and, as a result, I eat a lot of dinners alone. I find the fish choices to be varied enough to prevent my getting bored with the menu. The salad serving is large (although no potion of salad can ever justify the price) and they always know what balsamic vinegar is and always bring it rather than a balsamic vinaigrette. A plus in my ledger. The fish is always fresh and the portion size is good. The vegetables generally appear to be made to order - never soggy and tasteless - always crispy and flavorful.

It's a little pricey (even on an expense account) at about $40.00 for a salad, entree and vegetables, a glass of wine and a cup of coffee, for a weeknight dinner but I think it's quite worth it. The service is good, I ask them to take their time and they do. I enjoy my beverages and read my book around the courses.

Even though Bonefish is owned by Outback, the staff is trained very differently. They don't kneel down at the table, they don't try to become my buddy, and they listen to the guest's requests and comply with them.

All in all, very nice and I would recommend it - cost notwithstanding.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Decent food, reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Bonefish is consistently decent food, at a reasonable price. The menu is mostly fish but also has some non-fish items and vegetable sides. Busy, clean atmosphere. Service is okay. Beer menu includes a few micro brewery, specialty beers. Not sure if it's number 1 in Gaithersburg but its not a bad choice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delightful, even for a chain restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We had hoped to find a local seafood place, but ended up deciding to try Bonefish since it was so highly rated. Great decision! The wait was long but well worth it. The atmosphere was cozy, the wait staff polite and efficient, and the food was scrumptious! I had the steak and lobster and it was grilled perfectly. My friend had grilled shrimp and scallops and they were delicious, as well as low cal. We really appreciated the calories for each item being on the menu too!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mostly Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This resturant is always rocking - the bar scene is pretty "mature"; folks in the 30s, 40s, and 50s and the vibe is really fun. Our bartender was a bit rude, but the drinks were generous and the service fairly quick. She was a bit put off / impatient by my wife asking her for a tequilla drink recommendation.
We didn't have reservations, but our party of four was still seated about 10 minutes after we arrived (7:00 on a Saturday Night).
We shared the Calimari (awesome) and Lobster Rangoon (decent, but I wouldn't order it again).
The wives each had a small salad (ok) and the Ahi (spectacular) - the Ahi was cooked exactly as the ladies requested: one just seared and the other cooked mostly all the way through.
The other husband had the Salmon (good) - again prepared exactly as ordered.
At our servers urging, I had the Lobster Roll (lame - disappointing) - I've lived and spent alot of time in New England and this wasn't a Lobster Roll. It was more like lobster salad; the pieces of lobster meat (few as the were) were very small (perhaps diced claw meat) and the lobster was overpowered by celery and onions. The lobster meat was also squishy and somewhat bland The roll was a traditional high end hot dog roll, but it was packed with iceburg lettuce (not like in the picture: a single pice of bib lettuce). I would NOT order the lobster roll again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The service is great, food is good. The fish is pretty fresh and i loved the mashed potatoes! Great restaurant for a romantic dinner.

• Visited December 2012