“Delightful, even for a chain restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 272 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Delightful, even for a chain restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We had hoped to find a local seafood place, but ended up deciding to try Bonefish since it was so highly rated. Great decision! The wait was long but well worth it. The atmosphere was cozy, the wait staff polite and efficient, and the food was scrumptious! I had the steak and lobster and it was grilled perfectly. My friend had grilled shrimp and scallops and they were delicious, as well as low cal. We really appreciated the calories for each item being on the menu too!

• Visited August 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mostly Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This resturant is always rocking - the bar scene is pretty "mature"; folks in the 30s, 40s, and 50s and the vibe is really fun. Our bartender was a bit rude, but the drinks were generous and the service fairly quick. She was a bit put off / impatient by my wife asking her for a tequilla drink recommendation.
We didn't have reservations, but our party of four was still seated about 10 minutes after we arrived (7:00 on a Saturday Night).
We shared the Calimari (awesome) and Lobster Rangoon (decent, but I wouldn't order it again).
The wives each had a small salad (ok) and the Ahi (spectacular) - the Ahi was cooked exactly as the ladies requested: one just seared and the other cooked mostly all the way through.
The other husband had the Salmon (good) - again prepared exactly as ordered.
At our servers urging, I had the Lobster Roll (lame - disappointing) - I've lived and spent alot of time in New England and this wasn't a Lobster Roll. It was more like lobster salad; the pieces of lobster meat (few as the were) were very small (perhaps diced claw meat) and the lobster was overpowered by celery and onions. The lobster meat was also squishy and somewhat bland The roll was a traditional high end hot dog roll, but it was packed with iceburg lettuce (not like in the picture: a single pice of bib lettuce). I would NOT order the lobster roll again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The service is great, food is good. The fish is pretty fresh and i loved the mashed potatoes! Great restaurant for a romantic dinner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Berkeley heights, New Jersey, USA
“Would come back again. great experience and pleasant dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I heard my friend bragging about this restaurant. This time I happened to be out of town on business and there is one close to my hotel, I decided to give it a try. This restaurant was packed on Thursday dining time and for a very good reason. When I arrived, there were only very few seat left. The hosteess led me to my seat. Despite the fact that business was busy, I was greeted by my gracious waiter promptly. He took my drink order and came back to quench my thrist immediately. The waiter has good knowledge about the food. I told him what kind of taste I was hungry for that day and he recommended a few things on the spot.
One of the best things about this restaurant, besides the great service and great food, was that they have the calorie content on the menu. It's summer and I am on a business trip. I wanted to eat healthy but did not want to sacrifice the taste too much. Based on the waiter's recommendations and the calorie contents of all the candidates, I was able to pick the food that I wanted -- "Scallop and Shrimp", 390 calories. Good source of protein, great flavor, satifies the hunger and does not put too much burden on my body.
After this experience, I will visit other branches near where I live more often and I will definitely recommend it to friends.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Delightfully fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our waiter couldn't do enough for us and was quite pleasant. Very busy on Fathers Day. We ate here before going to the Kentlands Movie theatre which was a good combination. My sons enjoyed the fish tacos,my husband said the scallops were the best he ever had. It was one of the specials. And I took the Atlantic Charr which is a fish like salmon and trout. Absolutely delectable. The unsweetened iced tea was filled regularly at the table. This restaurant was a very good choice. We will go back.

• Visited June 2013