“Back again” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped nearby to break up a long trip so on a Friday night we went back to Dogfish. This time we shared the eggrolls, which were tasty with nice spice. I had the bratwurst with pretzel rolls and sauerkraut. They were very good, paired nicely with the beer. He had the fish and chips, skimpy on the fish but it was cooked nicely. We finished it off with apple crisp. It took a while to come out but it was fresh baked goodness. Not a ton of apples but the topping was great. The beer was excellent as always. I tried a cocktail just because and it really wasn't that great (it's an Alehouse). I would stick with beer or wine. We definitely will return, but next time we won't come on a Friday night. It was only a 25 minute wait so not too bad but we prefer to hang out at the bar for a while and it was packed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
“Good place for beer and burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

They seved excellant burger and beer. You cannot taste them in the south korea. If you're korean and like a burger and beer this must be be a must -to-visit place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“A good quick fix for burgers, hearty salads, and creamy soups.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

As another recent reviewer noted, service has always been excellent. My server, Erin, was friendly, very professional, and quick. The hostess and bus people also get high marks for service. They offer four beef burgers, and one veggie burger, and all are winners. They always have a "Burger of the Day" which can be a slight variant on one of the stock four - or then again totally different. Great full sized salads, and for most salads, one can add steak strips, or chicken, or shrimp, or ahi tuna, or even salmon. Look, Caesar salad is great on its own, without roasted garlic. It is too easy for the cook to overcook or burn garlic, so forget the garlic. And they make all the salad dressing, "in House." Two entrees which get raves from the clients (and no this is second hand, I never had them) are the crab cakes (big raves) and the Shepherd's Pie (little but enthusiastic raves). Everyone, yes, everyone loves the fries and especially they love the onion rings. Great selection of beers -- except they have only ONE non-alcoholic beer, Becks which is great, but how about a little variety Mr. Alefish? Bummer, I really hate and resent that they have only one non-alcoholic beer. I like O’Doul’s Amber (from Bud) and they don't carry it. Another BOO! A big boo on the beverages, because they don't offer espresso or cappuccinos. There are only limited dessert offerings, They take all major credit card. Parking lots are clean and well lit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olney, Maryland
“Its just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have eaten here several times in the last 2 months. I have eaten different menu items each time I have gone in here. I have used server suggestions/favorites. I have not found anything special here. The only thing it has going for it in my opinion is convenience. Its right off I 270. Service however has always been excellent

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Texas
“Hoped for more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went to the Dogfish Head Alehouse based on the high marks on Tripadvisor during our visit to the DC/MD area. I was sorely disappointed. When we walked in we were not greeted the hostesses, they were busy getting t-shirts. Finally a waitress was nice enough to seat us by the kitchen door. The food was decent but nothing spectacular. Our server was attentive but my initial impression of this establishment is what I walked away with and will not go there again.

• Visited May 2013