“Love it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The location is weird, but not too far off the beaten path - it's close to everything, but isn't in a strip mall or directly on a main road. The beer selection changes with the season and always includes selections for everyone. The burgers and apitizers are exceptional; they also offer some really good fish and other pub staples. This is where we go for a boys night out and it's where my bride and her pals hang when they go out.

Visited October 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Go to spot to meet the boys for a beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Visited January 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“#1? Really? I beg to differ..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I grew up in G'burg. There is some really great ethnic and diverse food around this town, and this place was rated #1?
Here are my reasons why I Object: I was back visiting over the Christmas 2012 Holidays, and my brother and I thought, we should go back to this watering hole that once used to be Pat and Mike's and a myriad of other restaurants before it eventually was Dogfish. Craft Beers and brewing your own beer is the 'hobby' to do these days, so we thought lets Hit up the Ol' Dogfish Head ale Restaurant. WHAT - A - LET - DOWN.

First of all, our bartenders looked like they just washed up off a crusty Pirate ship and yes, they were knowledgeable about their $9.50 a snifter beer, but the beer on draught was WARM! Yes, can anyone say 'Health Inspector'. Next, We asked for our beer 3 times, and we gave him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't hear us the 1st time. Finally after waiting a while, we got our beers, by the way, the bar had maybe MAYBE 3 other people there--this was at 10pm on a Wednesday. Ok so then, we asked if there was "Any Live Music?" as in a LIVE BAND? We've all been on Earth right? For a little while at least? Right? He says "Oh I don't know whats wrong with the speakers, I don't know why the music isn't playing?" and then he had the gull to say "it's above my pay grade to figure out whats going on with the music". Ewwww. I had enough.

The waitresses looked like they rolled out of bed with worn out black pajama pants and there was no cohesiveness at all. It must be poor management. Wait what else-- I saw the other bartender (the other crusty pirate) stuffing his face in the beverage station, Time to go--I realized I was ready to go 30 minutes ago. Horrible Horrible Horrible!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Damascus, Maryland
“Always a good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Family loves this place. Just celebrated my daughters 21st birthday there and although crowed and very busy the waiter made it special for my daughter.

Visited November 2012
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Good food, great beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We arrived before they were officially open, because the website wasn't updated to reflect their new hours (ie no Sunday brunch). They seated us anyway (20 minutes prior).

The food was good, reasonably priced for the area, and the beer was fresh.

Visited December 2012