“Great Stay at the Rio” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center

You added Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gainesville, Virginia
“Great Stay at the Rio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stay here often for soccer and basketball tournaments. The staff is great. Brittany is so personable and we've stayed there so often she knows us by name. She gets an A+ for customer service! If you're looking for a great location and things to do, stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pond!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CYGaithersburg, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Brittany was excited to see she personally made a welcoming stay for you and your team. Thank you for your kind words about her service! We appreciate your continued loyalty and cannot wait to see everyone back for the next tournament.

Gaithersburg Courtyard Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Irwin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Chose this hotel for our son's wedding guests - sight unseen - and I was thrilled when we arrived. Quite a few children were invited so I was happy to see the little train going through town, the paddle boats on the lake and the playground. There is also an indoor pool which several of the children played in. For adults there were many restaurants, boutiques, movie theater and a beautiful walking trail around the lake....all this at your doorstep and the hotel was right on the boardwalk. The rooms were comfortable, well-appointed and the staff was very friendly and helpful. A mix up occurred ~ I invited our wedding guests to the bar area on Friday evening before the wedding and when I mentioned it at breakfast that morning the waitress stated that the bar is only open on the week days. (odd, I know) They found us a bartender who opened up the bar just for us and it turned out to be a wonderful time. The bar also spills out onto the deck outside overlooking the boardwalk and water. We received many complimentary comments regarding this hotel.

Room Tip: If I had to choose, I'd ask for a room overlooking the lake. Don't know about noise and did...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so thrilled to hear you and your wedding guests thoroughly enjoyed their stay with us. Our staff was more than happy to accommodate everyone by opening the bar for the group. We take pride in going above and beyond for our guests. We truly hope to see everyone back soon! Thank you.

Courtyard Gaithersburg Management Team
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

For a modern Courtyard in a great location talk about a downer in the rooms. Dated, old - in high need of a fresh renovation. My sofa was so worn and nasty I wouldn't even put my bags on it. I had a limiting diverter in my shower allowing only lukewarm water (sink was nice and hot), so I would not stay there again for the cost. BTW, if they are interested in fixing that hot water issue, it was room 304!

Room Tip: Ask then how old their rooms package is?
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CYGaithersburg, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We truly apologize for your experience with the water temperature; we know how frustrating this must have been. We are sorry that we did not have the opportunity to fix this issue during your stay. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact our front desk for assistance as we have a ready and able team that would be happy to solve an issue such as this. We know you enjoyed our location so we invite you back for the opportunity to have an enjoyable stay with us.

tyler
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I loved the décor which was really lovely and elegant. The room was great, had a comfortable bed and had a refrigerator. The hotel is on a lake and near a shopping area. The staff was friendly and helpful. The negative things for me were they have no pool or hot tub, they have no shuttle to anywhere and the restaurant was very pricey, although the food was good. If none of that bothers you I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CYGaithersburg, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad you found our hotel visually pleasing. We welcome you back for a comfortable stay anytime!

Paw Paw, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I spent three nights at this hotel, as I was teaching a class in one of their rooms. It was a great sleep and a great stay. The staff, save for Sunday evening, was great. They went out of their way to help on all occasions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CYGaithersburg, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gaithersburg area.

Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I tagged along while my husband had a business meeting. A perfect hotel to stay at alone. Right outside the hotel are shops, restaurants, movie theatre, a lake with paddle boats, and wonderful walking trails.
I can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. Before we arrived to have an allergy free room ready for us. We arrived after a car ride dealing with construction delays only to find our room ready and perfectly done. The front desk staff was warm and welcoming.
Breakfast was served in a room facing the lake- I only wish the mornings were a little warmer so I could have taken my breakfast outside. It was a buffet but several people getting you juice and coffee plus fresh eggs cooked to your liking also available. The prices for breakfast were quite reasonable.
The last night of our stay, I had an accident in a local restaurant. I hobbled into the lobby around 11pm and asked if I could have a late checkout due to my foot injury. I was told not to worry or rush and call down if I needed anything. The next morning when I limped down to breakfast, they were all concerned and were called by the front desk to alert them to be ready to deliver breakfast if I
needed it. Housekeeping brought me ice several times during the day and it arrived within minutes of me calling to ask for it. The front desk also called to check if I needed anything.
This hotel staff took customer service to another level!!! Kudos to everyone who works there!!

• Stayed October 2013
CYGaithersburg, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so appreciative of your kind words. This made everyone happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you choose to 'tag along' with your husband again on a warmer season! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of the Washingtonian Mall. It sits at the far end of the mall near the Loews theater. Across the street is California Pizza Kitchen, Starbucks, 16 Handles Yogurt, Corner Bakery and loads of shopping and other restaurants. To the rear is a beautiful lake with jogging/walking trail and plenty of ducks/fish to feed.

We usually don't stay at Courtyard Inns, but this was a wedding we were attending, so I didn't have much choice. The rooms are okay. I did not like the fact they do not contain a microwave nor have a mirror and/or sink outside of the bathroom. With three girls in our room, it was pretty tough to share the small one in the bathroom and the one behind the bathroom door. I also must say the walls are quite thin as we were woken up several times throughout the night by people talking, slamming/shaking their doors, running up and down in the hallway, or we could hear their television sets blaring.

The front desk staff when we checked in were quite friendly.

We did eat at the breakfast buffet once, which is so overpriced for the items they offer and the staff was extremely rude and nasty. They have a make-your-own omelet station, waffle machine, cereals, fruit that was still frozen, oatmeal, cold scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, french toast sticks, milks, breads and yogurts. I would recommend to eat somewhere else or bring your own breakfast. It was not worth the $12 for the buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

You gave a great description of our location! We often have wedding groups stay because of its accessibility and convenience. With this in mind, we do our best to put these groups on the same floor together. If you ever run into dissatisfaction with your room location please do not hesitate to contact the front desk, they would be more than happy to accommodate the situation the best we can!

We apologize you did not find our buffet preferable. We do provide an option of "a la carte" to order individual breakfast preferences cooked upon request at individual prices.

Thank you kindly for your feedback!

Gaithersburg Courtyard Management Team

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center? Share your experiences!