If you're not a business traveler who swims, or a family traveling with kids, feel free to ignore this—it's a nice hotel in a great area.
For the rest of you, even though this is an *indoor* pool, after Labor Day, it's only open during the weekend. I know, because my 4- and 8-year-old daughters and I were kicked out 2 minutes after walking into the pool area by a staff member (possibly a manager?). We'd been talking with the kids for a week prior to going, so finding out (on a rainy day) we couldn't go swimming was a bummer. Literally made my littlest one cry. Good times.
Otherwise, property is fine, lot of good shopping and restaurants nearby, a big movie theater across the street, little mini-river walk w/ paddle boats, etc.
Breakfast is a bit pricey at $14/person for the buffet ($8 for kids), but dining room service was good. As others have said, walls were on the thin side, so you can hear everyone's business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pool is seasonal; hours of operations are Friday 5pm-10pm, Saturday 10am-10pm, and Sunday 10am-10pm. The Bar/Lounge is open weekdays Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm on the 2nd floor main lobby area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Hotel Gaithersburg
- Courtyard Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
- Gaithersburg Marriott
- Gaithersburg Courtyard